Page 190 of 432 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 6479
    BANNED

Jeen’s powers are not forgotten. We saw Jean psychically disintegrate those plant sentinels with lots of pink energy while her eyes flowed pink in X-Force.

She didn’t even have to put on the helmet to resurrect Xavier,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jeen’s powers are not forgotten. We saw Jean psychically disintegrate those plant sentinels with lots of pink energy while her eyes flowed pink in X-Force.

Help a brother out -- can you please tell me which title and issues I can see these feats in -- I'm quite behind in my reading. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

That was not the pink form she had when she was a teenager, which was specifically absorbing psychic energy and using that to boost her TK. You are confusing that with Jean's regular pink signature when she uses her powers, which she's had long before the teen version was a thing. She didnt even go pink in X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    If Jean Grey has to be in an updated ‘Marvel Girl‘ costume then it should be the Alex Ross design.

Looks dope. I like Alex Ross. Where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Wizard X-men Spectacular

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was not the pink form she had when she was a teenager, which was specifically absorbing psychic energy and using that to boost her TK. You are confusing that with Jean's regular pink signature when she uses her powers, which she's had long before the teen version was a thing. She didnt even go pink in X-Force
    Please correct me if I'm off-base here -- but, isn't that essentially what Jean Grey did during the Judgement Wars arc?

X-Factor #50

What's stopping her from remembering how to do it again or her memory of doing it as Jeen since it cannon that they were one and the same person?
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-18-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    it is Ross pitch for x-men. Too bad they went with Morrison basic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it is Ross pitch for x-men. Too bad they went with Morrison basic stuff
    At the same time, I'm glad Alex Ross's designs weren't tainted by Morrison's abysmal run. No need for that negative association.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    At the same time, I'm glad Alex Ross's designs weren't tainted by Morrison's abysmal run. No need for that negative association.
    except it wouldnt have had negative association. Jean's look from that run is highly regarded around here. I dont think the Ross looks would have fit the tone of the book but if it had been used, they would have been looked on favorably

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    except it wouldnt have had negative association. Jean's look from that run is highly regarded around here. I dont think the Ross looks would have fit the tone of the book but if it had been used, they would have been looked on favorably
    I like the look she ended up having as well but I always associate it with Morrison and everything that occurred to Jean at that point so I'd rather she never go back to that costume. At least her Marvel Girl outfit is from a fairly good time period in her life.

Why would they use Alex Ross's designs for New X-Men as they're the opposite of what Morrison wanted to do?
    Morrison's take was to get rid of the super-hero visual identity, making the uniforms more streetwear, and more friendly & "understandable" from a human standpoint. Ross's designs were great at the time, but it was a bit "scary".

By the way, Morrison's run was one of the best run x-Men ever had imo. And it's still my favorite era of the books.
    Last edited by franckd; 06-18-2020 at 04:00 PM.

You mean the same run that killed off Jean and replaced her (and every other X-Woman) with a fake blonde for more than a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    You mean the same run that killed off Jean and replaced her (and every other X-Woman) with a fake blonde for more than a decade?
    It's so reductive to sum up Morrison's run as the run that killed Jean. It's like reducing the Phoenix Saga as the run that killed Jean for more than a decade. No, it was more than that. And keep in mind that Morrison killed her and left an opened door to bing her back : The Phoenix egg on the dark side of the moon. Morrison is not to blame if Marvel editors were the ones who didn't want to bring Jean back after he left. They basically brought back anyone but Jean.

Marvel should have made Jean/Phoenix a cosmic character after New X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    It's so reductive to sum up Morrison's run as the run that killed Jean. It's like reducing the Phoenix Saga as the run that killed Jean for more than a decade. No, it was more than that. And keep in mind that Morrison killed her and left an opened door to bing her back : The Phoenix egg on the dark side of the moon. Morrison is not to blame if Marvel editors were the ones who didn't want to bring Jean back after he left. They basically brought back anyone but Jean.
    If Morrison hadn't introduced the plague that was Scemma and written an OOC Scott and Jean and touted crap like Jean was not acting like a wife anymore so she deserved to be cheated on, Marvel editorial wouldn't have propped up the fake blonde with a fake accent and a fake plastic body as the head X-Woman and forced Jean's death to get Scemma together because all the writers were living vicariously through Scott. I blame Morrison entirely because it was his trash ideas that set off the chain reaction.