Page 191 of 432 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Marvel should have made Jean/Phoenix a cosmic character after New X-men.
    I would like to see her and Carol Danvers paired together as a duo. They have a lot of cosmic and alien ties to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    It's so reductive to sum up Morrison's run as the run that killed Jean. It's like reducing the Phoenix Saga as the run that killed Jean for more than a decade. No, it was more than that. And keep in mind that Morrison killed her and left an opened door to bing her back : The Phoenix egg on the dark side of the moon. Morrison is not to blame if Marvel editors were the ones who didn't want to bring Jean back after he left. They basically brought back anyone but Jean.
    This. Marvel in fact did bring her back a year later but ended up botching that story by never concluding it

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I would like to see her and Carol Danvers paired together as a duo. They have a lot of cosmic and alien ties to work out.
    Throw in Silver Surfer just for fun

I like the look she ended up having as well but I always associate it with Morrison and everything that occurred to Jean at that point so I'd rather she never go back to that costume. At least her Marvel Girl outfit is from a fairly good time period in her life.
    Same for me, it just feel really wrong and only bring memories. The run was atrocious for Jean character, also the clothes are really dated early 2000s. Ross design is a lot more timeless and classy

I don't think they even interact as a team up before. A real shame
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-18-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Marvel should have made Jean/Phoenix a cosmic character after New X-men.
    i would like to see that too but then i remember how Marvel made such a big deal in separating Jean and the Phoenix Force...

Also when a character becomes that powerful, it's very hard to handle them, and it will be worst because they tend to job against weaker villains.

Just gave her her damm pink form again lol, she can be just as OP with her draining powers.

If Morrison hadn't introduced the plague that was Scemma and written an OOC Scott and Jean and touted crap like Jean was not acting like a wife anymore so she deserved to be cheated on, Marvel editorial wouldn't have propped up the fake blonde with a fake accent and a fake plastic body as the head X-Woman and forced Jean's death to get Scemma together because all the writers were living vicariously through Scott. I blame Morrison entirely because it was his trash ideas that set off the chain reaction.
    You're going to be Spirit2011 best friend. By the way, your hate for a fictional character (Emma) is showing. And it's ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This. Marvel in fact did bring her back a year later but ended up botching that story by never concluding it
    Do you mean Endsong? Because I think it's clear they only did that to capitalize on her intense popularity by "throwing fans a bone" and saying "see we can bring her back whenever we want to. We just don't want to right now. And btw, Jean was never good for Scott and this comic is proof of that." They had no intention of reviving her permanently back then. Especially when countless other writers did want to bring her back. She was meant to be a reincarnated Hope Summers. Mike Carey wanted her to be Revenant in Age of X to restore her. Bendis wanted her to join the New Avengers with Wolverine. But all of that was moot because the X-Men needed only one X-Lady who was sleeping with Scott Summers back then and Jean wasn't it.

You're going to be Spirit2011 best friend. By the way, your hate for a fictional character (Emma) is showing. And it's ugly.
    I don't know what the first part of your post means. As for your second, I'm incredibly unapologetic and unabashed when it comes to my hate for the fake blonde. If you're a fan of her and want everyone to prop her up by her fake implants, please go over to her thread instead. That place isn't here.

Throw in Silver Surfer just for fun
    Same! This was mentioned earlier but I always wanted that story of Silver Surfer following Dark Phoenix that was apparently planned but scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i would like to see that too but then i remember how Marvel made such a big deal in separating Jean and the Phoenix Force...

Also when a character becomes that powerful, it's very hard to handle them, and it will be worst because they tend to job against weaker villains.

Just gave her her damm pink form again lol, she can be just as OP with her draining powers.
    Morrison made the two inseparable and there are plenty of OP men with their own titles.

If Jean can’t have the Phoenix force now, then I dont get why they wouldn’t give her the pink form.

but he isn't wrong at all.

probably he/she is my long lost twin

Same! This was mentioned earlier but I always wanted that story of Silver Surfer following Dark Phoenix that was apparently planned but scrapped.
    I’ve never heard of this? I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Same for me, it just feel really wrong and only bring memories. The run was atrocious for Jean character, also the clothes are really dated early 2000s. Ross design is a lot more timeless and classy

I don't think they even interact as a team up before. A real shame
    Especially since whenever they wanted to show dead X-Men, they always used Jean in that outfit since that's what she was in when she died (Endsong was completely ignored which just proves my point that Endsong was just used to capitalize on Jean's popularity and they didn't care for it as canon or not. Jean officially died for them in Morrison's run and they were sticking to that).

Ross's design is super elegant and I love the hood, long cloak, and boots.

I agree, Carol and Jean have so much in common especially with Claremont at the helm. Ideas for The Dark Phoenix Saga were originally meant for Carol's own Ms. Marvel run including being turned into the Black Queen so it's utterly criminal that these two women have never interacted before. Especially when I think there's a lot of fandom overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    but he isn't wrong at all.

probably he/she is my long lost twin
    Oh, I understand what that post meant now. Yes, I'm glad to detect a kindred spirit in here. I'm not repeating anything that hasn't already been said in these pages before anyway.

I don't know what the first part of your post means. As for your second, I'm incredibly unapologetic and unabashed when it comes to my hate for the fake blonde. If you're a fan of her and want everyone to prop her up by her fake implants, please go over to her thread instead. That place isn't here.
    I'm not attracted by negative people, and less attracted by readers full of hate for - hum - fictional characters.
    Anyway, have a nice hate day/life whatever. Share it with anyone you want. It's a free speech forum here. But it's not something I enjoy reading. And as I don't want to derail this topic into a fight EDIT I will end this discussion here.
    Last edited by franckd; 06-18-2020 at 07:28 PM. Reason: To conform to the forum rules