Page 150 of 432 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 6479
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It says Ethan on the cover
    Ah.

It looks nothing like his interiors during the run, which were... not the best that the book saw (those go to Jimenez and Silvestri) but they were significantly better than Kordey and to an extent, Quitely.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Its coming along.
    Attachment 96338
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think this cover was by EVS was it? i might be wrong, but it looks like Jimenez.
    It is most definitely EVS.

EVS was a Jean fan and I know some of us interacted with him on the old X-fan (later renamed Comixfan) forums and I think EVS did a quick fan interview for the Jean Grey Message Board (later called Jean Grey-Phoenix fans board). If Phoenix Studies still posted here he could tells us because I'm pretty sure he did the email interview with EVS. He did one with Claremont for the board during the X-men Revolution days.

EVS did state at one time that he wanted to do a Jean Grey mini and if I recall correctly he wanted to reveal a connection between Anne Richardson and the Phoenix. It was nothing more than an idea or maybe a pitch who knows but it never came to pass. EVS wasn't on New X-men at the end of the series so it wasn't because Morrison killed Jean that the mini never happened. If you all recall there was a 4 issue Cyclops miniseries during the Morrison era (not written by Morrison).

I'm not a EVS fan though at the time I did appreciate his Jean, and the fact that he liked the character. He is a member of comicsgate and has said and done some pretty awful stuff.

As far New X-men art, my main favs are Quitely, Kordey, and Phil Jimenez. I appreciate Silvestri's art and same with EVS (though I detest his views and the person he is).

I also always thought that cover was by Jimenez lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Ah.

It looks nothing like his interiors during the run, which were... not the best that the book saw (those go to Jimenez and Silvestri) but they were significantly better than Kordey and to an extent, Quitely.
    Actually I will have to peacefully disagree with you. Ethan's style is highly recognizable. Especially the details he put on vegetation (trees, plants, flowers). The way he draws Jean's face too, has been pretty consistent.

Also, I absolutely love Frank Quitely's art. It's not "models"' art, or "clean" art, but imho it's above that. It's really expressive over "pretty". His storytelling abilities are amazing and he has this kind of kinetic energy that always wins me. I understand that his unique style can be "off putting" but as far as technique goes, he's perfect. He's one of my favorite artist. In my top 3.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Actually I will have to peacefully disagree with you. Ethan's style is highly recognizable. Especially the details he put on vegetation (trees, plants, flowers). The way he draws Jean's face too, has been pretty consistent.

Also, I absolutely love Frank Quitely's art. It's not "models"' art, or "clean" art, but imho it's above that. It's really expressive over "pretty". His storytelling abilities are amazing and he has this kind of kinetic energy that always wins me. I understand that his unique style can be "off putting" but as far as technique goes, he's perfect. He's one of my favorite artist. In my top 3.
    I totally agree. I would rank their work on New X-Men as follow: 1. Quitely 2. Jimenez 3.EVS 4. Silvestri 5.Kordey.

I love Silvestri's art but HCT was messy.

Exactly. Quitely's art is very dynamic and cinematic. He is a great storyteller and he's considered one of the best artists in the industry.

My fav FQ Jean art is from New X-men 116, 121, and 126.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Put me in the Quitely camp as well.
    I absolutely LOVED his work in NXM. He's 1st Fave. Kordey is 2nd Fave. Bachalo is 3rd Fave. Followed by Jimenez, Silvestri, Leon and then in very distant last EVS.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I know he gets a bad rap nowadays but Greg Land’s work on Phoenix Endsong was just stunning. It was before he became overly reliant on tracing, etc. I have no qualms about admitting that his artwork was gorgeous on that book. I picked it up as an early teen and it’s always stuck with me.

Jimenez is another huge fave of mine as the first X-comic I picked up had Jimenez on pencils and his work in general astounded me. Walt Simonson on X-F will always have a special place in my heart as a Jean artist. I love his work. My fave artist since Jean’s 2017 resurrection has been Pepe Larraz. Mahmud Asrar too.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Jean says in 261 or 262, Muir Island Saga, that she's known Moira forever.

Did Moira say anything about how long she's known Jean when she eas examining her (Phoenix) before DPS? I can't even remember the issue number, but I think it's when the X-Men are fighting the Brood in space but before Charles leaves with Lilandra the first time. 120s?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Agreed on all points about Quitely, honestly one of my favorite versions of Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Exactly. Quitely's art is very dynamic and cinematic. He is a great storyteller and he's considered one of the best artists in the industry.

My fav FQ Jean art is from New X-men 116, 121, and 126.

This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I know he gets a bad rap nowadays but Greg Land’s work on Phoenix Endsong was just stunning. It was before he became overly reliant on tracing, etc. I have no qualms about admitting that his artwork was gorgeous on that book. I picked it up as an early teen and it’s always stuck with me.

Jimenez is another huge fave of mine as the first X-comic I picked up had Jimenez on pencils and his work in general astounded me. Walt Simonson on X-F will always have a special place in my heart as a Jean artist. I love his work. My fave artist since Jean’s 2017 resurrection has been Pepe Larraz. Mahmud Asrar too.
    Phoenix Endsong was a favorite of mine for years because of the art it stood out so much then. Unfortunate what came later, speaking of Endsong it sold very well for a mini-series, too bad Marvel interpreted that as the Phoenix were the reasons and not Jean hence Warsong....

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post

Did Moira say anything about how long she's known Jean when she eas examining her (Phoenix) before DPS? I can't even remember the issue number, but I think it's when the X-Men are fighting the Brood in space but before Charles leaves with Lilandra the first time. 120s?

She's known Moira since at least childhood she helped Charles and Moira calibrate cerebro:

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post

The Brood hadnt been introduced when Jean was alive. The scene you were talking about was in 125. That issue doesnt state how long Moira has known her but it was implied that it was for a long time. The narration says that Jean is a woman she's come to love as a daughter and when Jean talks to her, she tells Moira "Im not a child anymore." which suggests that she's known her since she was one

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Brood hadnt been introduced when Jean was alive. The scene you were talking about was in 125. That issue doesnt state how long Moira has known her but it was implied that it was for a long time. The narration says that Jean is a woman she's come to love as a daughter and when Jean talks to her, she tells Moira "Im not a child anymore." which suggests that she's known her since she was one
    Thank you!!

Was thinking about when they're on the secret navy boat?
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-06-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Agreed on all points about Quitely, honestly one of my favorite versions of Jean.

This!!!

Phoenix Endsong was a favorite of mine for years because of the art it stood out so much then. Unfortunate what came later, speaking of Endsong it sold very well for a mini-series, too bad Marvel interpreted that as the Phoenix were the reasons and not Jean hence Warsong....

She's known Moira since at least childhood she helped Charles and Moira calibrate cerebro:

Thank you. That is very useful!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It is most definitely EVS.

EVS was a Jean fan and I know some of us interacted with him on the old X-fan (later renamed Comixfan) forums and I think EVS did a quick fan interview for the Jean Grey Message Board (later called Jean Grey-Phoenix fans board). If Phoenix Studies still posted here he could tells us because I'm pretty sure he did the email interview with EVS. He did one with Claremont for the board during the X-men Revolution days.

EVS did state at one time that he wanted to do a Jean Grey mini and if I recall correctly he wanted to reveal a connection between Anne Richardson and the Phoenix. It was nothing more than an idea or maybe a pitch who knows but it never came to pass. EVS wasn't on New X-men at the end of the series so it wasn't because Morrison killed Jean that the mini never happened. If you all recall there was a 4 issue Cyclops miniseries during the Morrison era (not written by Morrison).

I'm not a EVS fan though at the time I did appreciate his Jean, and the fact that he liked the character. He is a member of comicsgate and has said and done some pretty awful stuff.

As far New X-men art, my main favs are Quitely, Kordey, and Phil Jimenez. I appreciate Silvestri's art and same with EVS (though I detest his views and the person he is).
    EVS was really about to do Jean mini, he was trying finding a co-write/writer for the project then Marvel kept post-poning and killed it when morrison killed Jean.

He even posted on some old forums about how Marvel treated him badly BY LEADING HIM ON THE mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    A comicsgate Jean fan. That's unexpected crossover right there.
    They usually only like female characters in the context of whether they like their favorite character dating that female or prefer a different girlfriend.

It's been a while since I've been on there, but 4chan's reaction to Jean was always pretty fun to read.
    I still think is crazy that Van Sciver is a Jean Grey fan, I could see him being more into Magneto that was the original edgy Scott.

Since no new comics and Hickman decided to do some poly jokes, i'm really avoiding chans of any kind. Jean always was hit with slut acussations, Hickman isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post

Endsong was pure tracing. The only work on Marvel by Land that didn't had 100% tracing was his spider-man mini with Peter david. There was some good pages until he started tracing again
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-06-2020 at 06:50 PM.