Page 276 of 432 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 6479
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Very well said

Imagine THIS Jean on the Orchis mission. Yeah I know a particular story had to be told, but even if it ended the same way (all dead), I can't envision M telling this Jean "try harder Marvel Girl"
    This Jean would have died fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    As someone that doesn't know of Jean much (CC, Morrison and some Simonson are my expiriences with her), do you think that Percy's take mach well with her previous incarnations? or do you think that he changed her?
    It's weird because his Jean feels very different from Taylor's which I really liked, but I think both are valid versions of the character, just focusing on different aspects. Percy's Jean is a lot more fiery and no-nonsense, which is fitting for X-Force, and it's also kind of just how he writes most characters. The only complaint I could think of is that she maybe swears too much lol.

Also, the people saying he "changed her" are just purists who are mad at her hooking up with Logan.

Jean cursing is rare but I don't mind it. I remember a couple of times(within the bounds of the old comics code). Coincidentally both involve Mr. Sinister, lol

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I agree with Wiccan, the only part of Percy's Jean I don't like is the cursing. Every now and then I think is fine, but its happened more than I think it should. It's not something I see Jean doing as frequently as she does, but that's a small nitpick.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I agree with Wiccan, the only part of Percy's Jean I don't like is the cursing. Every now and then I think is fine, but its happened more than I think it should. It's not something I see Jean doing as frequently as she does, but that's a small nitpick.
    That is also the only thing I have problems with. It doesn’t feel like Jean to me. Everything else is perfect Jean Grey.

Jean used used swear words a couple times in both Taylor's X-men Red and in Morrison's New X-men. Swearing doesn't bother me unless it is excessive or just feels unnecessary/forced.

BANNED

Just another thing that makes Percy's Jean a bit more modern. I don't mind it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Jean used used swear words a couple times in both Taylor's X-men Red and in Morrison's New X-men. Swearing doesn't bother me unless it is excessive or just feels unnecessary/forced.
    The only time I can recall in X-Men Red was the fake Jean that Cassandra Nova was broadcasting...was that it?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean has a temper. People with tempers can and do swear, at times. It's not like she peppers her regular conversations with expletives.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I didn't mean to start an argument about whether she should swear or not. It doesn't really bother me, it was just the one thing I thought when asked if Percy's Jean matches previous incarnations. On the latest issue I did kinda feel like she was doing it a lot, but it didn't affect my enjoyement.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    The only time I can recall in X-Men Red was the fake Jean that Cassandra Nova was broadcasting...was that it?
    There was a time before that. Jean said something to the effect of "Damn it, I said protect them!"(X-men Red issue 5) during the issue where she merged the minds of some mutants and the soldiers that were going to harm them. There my have been another instance but I would have to check.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 07-13-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Didn’t she curse when she and Skids were falling through space from the destroyed Avalon?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    There was a time before that. Jean said something to the effect of "Damn it, I said protect them!"(X-men Red issue 5) during the issue where she merged the minds of some mutants and the soldiers that were going to harm them. There my have been another instance but I would have to check.
    Ah ok, I see it now...I was mainly focused on harsher expletives

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    That is also the only thing I have problems with. It doesn’t feel like Jean to me. Everything else is perfect Jean Grey.
    I’m curious: what are these terrible swearwords?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I’m curious: what are these terrible swearwords?
    We don’t really know, since they are written like ”#&%@”. But my guess is that she might be saying ”****” or ”fucking”.
    In X-Force 6 she said ”Don’t #&%@ patronize me”, and I read it as ”fucking”.
    I don’t mind cussing and I don’t think swearwords are terrible, but under Percy’s pen Jean cusses more than she has previously done. And the original question was if Percy had managed to capture Jean well. And I think he has done an amazing job, except that she cusses more than I have seen her do before. To me, she can be fiery and passionate and pissed off without saying **** (or #&%@ ), but I don’t have a huge problem with it. It is just the only thing about they way Percy writes her that I am not too fond of. I love everything else.