Page 238 of 306 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4580
  1. #3556
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,062

    Default

    I think Jean is coming out on top. She's got her husband, a sidepiece, and a seat on the Council, where she get's to partake in the major decisions that pertain to Krakoa (without any involvement from her boyfriends). She's winning in my book.

    Anyway, can someone with a Twitter account pester Percy about whether Jean is staying on X-Force?

  2. #3557
    Spectacular Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    some people don't have casual sex. why it is so hard to accept that not everyone gonna sleep with everything that moves?

    I don't think dating wolverine is coming out on top, dude slept with half of marvel universe.

    and she was written like men wanted her to be written, I don't see agency is limited
    Didn't you say you weren't a prude? Again, it's about being honest with yourself. You are a prude. THAT'S FINE!! WONDERFUL!! But your opinions are still opinions and you can't admit that. It's the reason you're always at odds with people. When I have a really definitive thing to say I always try to reinforce it with reassurance that it's just an opinion.

    As for dating Wolverine... again we don't know the details of their relationship. They might not be dating at all. So it's good that he's slept with half the Marvel Universe. It'll mean he's got the experience and Jean didn't come back from the dead to deal with amateurs.

  3. #3558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't have a problem with jean having sexual agency, but it is out of character. She needs to date nd have a serious relationship
    She doesn't need to do that; no one needs to do that no matter what they may have been like before. People change man. This is also in response to your earlier reply to my earlier post - Just because you only know people who have been in monogamous relationships, it doesn't mean that people can't be in polyamorous relationships. It happens and it's getting more and more popular. Just because you haven't witnessed it doesn't make it not true. I've seen this type of thing happen first hand, so I know that it's possible to change their minds on relationships over (a short or long) time. Jean's been back for a while now AND not to mention Age of X-Man had a very sexually repressed environment, I'm sure it could be argued that this has, in part, led to considerably hornier X-Men...

    As others have said, the tension of the love triangle has been removed - this gives Jean far more potential as a character to overcome the trappings of "love interest". She has taken control of the situation, is probably free to explore more, and, as this issue has proven, is getting to be shown as a badass without the phoenix force. I personally hope this new era can cement Jean again as a main and popular character at Marvel.

  4. #3559
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Everyone has their ideal version of their characther, i can respect that to an extent. I love Wolverine, but i don't agreed with every direction that they took with him , same with Spider-Man, hell same with MJ and some others. I think that he/she is exaggerating thought, this is not that bad because Percy has written Jean as someone that had something going on outside of her relationship with Logan, hell she is more important in this book than him in my opinion.
    Fair. I just think his ideal version of the character is a bit... oppressive. And he’s also the first one to attack someone else for being “offensive” when he himself holds to this extremely patriarchal view of who Jean should be when “written correctly.”

    Maybe if he wasn’t so hypocritically judgmental of others I’d go easier on him.

  5. #3560
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I think Jean is coming out on top. She's got her husband, a sidepiece, and a seat on the Council, where she get's to partake in the major decisions that pertain to Krakoa (without any involvement from her boyfriends). She's winning in my book.

    Anyway, can someone with a Twitter account pester Percy about whether Jean is staying on X-Force?
    A few folks have already and Josh Cassara replied and posted a sketch of Jean .. so I am thinking she is staying or at least sticking around some more.
    She is on the cover of an upcoming issue (issue 12).
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 07-08-2020 at 04:51 PM. Reason: clarity

  6. #3561
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I think Jean is coming out on top. She's got her husband, a sidepiece, and a seat on the Council, where she get's to partake in the major decisions that pertain to Krakoa (without any involvement from her boyfriends). She's winning in my book.

    Anyway, can someone with a Twitter account pester Percy about whether Jean is staying on X-Force?
    husband is a cheater, sidepiece slept with everyone and harassed her on the past.

    what win there is here

    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Didn't you say you weren't a prude? Again, it's about being honest with yourself. You are a prude. THAT'S FINE!! WONDERFUL!! But your opinions are still opinions and you can't admit that. It's the reason you're always at odds with people. When I have a really definitive thing to say I always try to reinforce it with reassurance that it's just an opinion.

    As for dating Wolverine... again we don't know the details of their relationship. They might not be dating at all. So it's good that he's slept with half the Marvel Universe. It'll mean he's got the experience and Jean didn't come back from the dead to deal with amateurs.
    i'm not a prude. What give people the right to call other people prude withut even knowing them?
    your opinions still opinions too, but here is facts about a character that aren't up to opinions

    Wekll we should know by now if they are dating or not, since Jean isn't the type to sleep around

  7. #3562
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    It’s her choice. Not yours. That’s the point.

    She’s a fictional character, written by people who aren’t you. They get to decide. If you want to write her off because you don’t agree with her choices as a grown ass woman, well, again, that’s mighty patriarchal of you. If I was capable of being as easily offended as some of the hypocrites I know, I might even call that offensive.

  8. #3563
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s her choice. Not yours. That’s the point.

    She’s a fictional character, written by people who aren’t you. They get to decide. If you want to write her off because you don’t agree with her choices as a grown ass woman, well, again, that’s mighty patriarchal of you. If I was capable of being as easily offended as some of the hypocrites I know, I might even call that offensive.
    it is the writers choice, not her choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    She doesn't need to do that; no one needs to do that no matter what they may have been like before. People change man. This is also in response to your earlier reply to my earlier post - Just because you only know people who have been in monogamous relationships, it doesn't mean that people can't be in polyamorous relationships. It happens and it's getting more and more popular. Just because you haven't witnessed it doesn't make it not true. I've seen this type of thing happen first hand, so I know that it's possible to change their minds on relationships over (a short or long) time. Jean's been back for a while now AND not to mention Age of X-Man had a very sexually repressed environment, I'm sure it could be argued that this has, in part, led to considerably hornier X-Men...

    As others have said, the tension of the love triangle has been removed - this gives Jean far more potential as a character to overcome the trappings of "love interest". She has taken control of the situation, is probably free to explore more, and, as this issue has proven, is getting to be shown as a badass without the phoenix force. I personally hope this new era can cement Jean again as a main and popular character at Marvel.
    these open statement "people change" aren't a argument, they are pretty bad because only help me see how a character is out of character.
    and we know people never change

  9. #3564
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i'm not a prude. What give people the right to call other people prude withut even knowing them?
    your opinions still opinions too, but here is facts about a character that aren't up to opinions

    Wekll we should know by now if they are dating or not, since Jean isn't the type to sleep around
    You call other people offensive and abusive without knowing them too. Based solely on something you read online. Similar to the people here calling you a “prude.” Where’s the difference?

    Face it, man. You are a hypocrite. Do some introspection. So quick to judge everyone else, yet cannot see that you are a misogynist yourself.

    I’m done here. You’re beyond reason.

  10. #3565

    Default

    Also, I hate this idea that just because a man has written it, it takes any validation away from the character. It's absolutely respectful, positive, and forward thinking in regards to sexuality and feminism in the modern day. The moment we stop people from writing the voices of different genders/races/creeds/orientation is the moment creativity flounders. As long as they're being responsible and respectful in their approach, there is nothing wrong with it. Percy has given Jean a distinct voice, and has had her making choices for herself. You can agree or disagree with the choices, but you can't say that he's being disrespectful to her just because you disagree.

  11. #3566
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Sure he can. That’s what people like him do. They stay on that high horse.

  12. #3567
    Spectacular Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    husband is a cheater, sidepiece slept with everyone and harassed her on the past.

    what win there is here

    i'm not a prude. What give people the right to call other people prude withut even knowing them?
    your opinions still opinions too, but here is facts about a character that aren't up to opinions

    Wekll we should know by now if they are dating or not, since Jean isn't the type to sleep around
    prud∑ish
    /ˈpro͞odiSH/

    adjective: prudish

    having or revealing a tendency to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex or nudity; excessively concerned with sexual propriety.

    You're TEXTBOOK. IMO, of course. I get to call you a prude because earlier you explicitly tried to say you weren't a prude just so you could unleash your prudish point of view as an argument for your case. If you hadn't had done that, I wouldn't have.
    Last edited by superjosh; 07-08-2020 at 05:01 PM.

  13. #3568
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    prud∑ish
    /ˈpro͞odiSH/

    adjective: prudish

    having or revealing a tendency to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex or nudity; excessively concerned with sexual propriety.

    You're TEXTBOOK. IMO, of course. I get to call you a prude because earlier you explicitly tried to say you weren't as an argument for your case. If you hadn't had done that, I wouldn't have.
    I watch porn dude

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Also, I hate this idea that just because a man has written it, it takes any validation away from the character. It's absolutely respectful, positive, and forward thinking in regards to sexuality and feminism in the modern day. The moment we stop people from writing the voices of different genders/races/creeds/orientation is the moment creativity flounders. As long as they're being responsible and respectful in their approach, there is nothing wrong with it. Percy has given Jean a distinct voice, and has had her making choices for herself. You can agree or disagree with the choices, but you can't say that he's being disrespectful to her just because you disagree.
    As if man weren't known to put theirselves in the characters shoes, like percy? he totally is like Wolverine.

    female agency can't come from a male perspective.

  14. #3569
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Okay. I give you credit for the funniest post I’ve read today. That was fantastic. LOL.

  15. #3570
    Spectacular Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I watch porn dude
    GOOD! That's the most relatable thing you've said!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •