Page 118 of 432 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 6479
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This has more of an armor feel to it like X-men Red. There's definitely more detail here than in the original

i think the same, is more like x men red. and that screen cap i liked jean doing that! so much to explore from jean mental powers on a new cartoon
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I have to disagree, she's a powerful magic user but she can't compete with Jean in terms of Telepathy, saying she needs the Phoenix Force to beat Maddie is a reach imo.

Depends if she is the goblin queen or just the red queen, her power level varies
    I think it would be cool if Jean absorbed Madelyne and had her as voice in her head, demon on her shoulder, trying to poison her thoughts and waiting to take over.
    I mean, she was made from a piece of Jeans mind, I feel like Jean didn't get everything back.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So this scene got me thinking: What made Jean think she could screen out harmful solar radiation with her TK? Had she done it before? And where was Xavier doing this time? I know the Sentinels captured him after he brain-blasted one, but he was missing during the entire space mission and solar flare.

Can Jean now use her TK to filter out radiation or lightwaves? Could she shoot out multiple TK force projectiles such as balls, spikes, etc?
    Jean did screen our the cosmic radiation and did for a while before her shields weakened.

I dunno about light but Jean should be able to easily filter radiation seeing how she shielded from hyperspace and a white hole.

Yep, since the 90s the Jean has been able to make chains, ropes, grappling hooks and cushions with her tk, Teen Jean was also able to make hammers, shields, swords, shuriken, ropes and chains with her tk.
    Making a TK ball or bubble is something she casually does most times when she creates a shield... She's also made Phoenix raptor/claw constructs

A villian can be a nemesis to more than one person. Shadow King is for Xavier and Storm (and Psylocke). Apocalypse is for Cable and Warren. I think Red has solidified Nova for Jean

Regan went after her in Bendis run

It would be intersting to see them interact now bc its canon that she hates Jean and this defeat would fuel that
    My god, I miss teen jean. And no I won’t stop saying this anytime soon.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    My god, I miss teen jean. And no I won’t stop saying this anytime soon.
    She was more powerful than adult Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    She was more powerful than adult Jean
    writers seemed to want to make Jeen powerful. Now Jean seems like a afterthought

I was looking at the sales charts for X-Men Red, and I noticed by #8 the book was selling 39,763 copies
    So I had to compare with some of the DoX books charts for their issue 8. The results are :
    - X-Force 8 : 41,153 copies
    - New Mutants 8 : 39,251 copies
    - Marauders 8 : 37,413

X-Men Red was not that bad in the selling charts, wasn't it? If Marvel considers that Jean Grey/X-Men Red was flop, then they'll have to admit that New Mutants and Marauders are a flop too.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I was looking at the sales charts for X-Men Red, and I noticed by #8 the book was selling 39,763 copies
    So I had to compare with some of the DoX books charts for their issue 8. The results are :

X-Men Red was not that bad in the selling charts, wasn't it? If Marvel considers that Jean Grey/X-Men Red was flop, then they'll have to admit that New Mutants and Marauders are a flop too.
    Well, I guess we have to consider that DOX books are double-shipping.

But either way, I don't think they considered RED a flop. That's not why it ended. It ended because there were already other plans in motion and everything that was being released at the time also got shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

But either way, I don't think they considered RED a flop. That's not why it ended. It ended because there were already other plans in motion and everything that was being released at the time also got shafted.
    It's just me. I am a bit paranoid after 14 years of Marvel's disdain of the character lol
    Sometimes I have the feeling that they are pushing hard some of their properties, and that they don't care much about Jean, even if her books were doing ok (Red and even the (teen) Jean Grey book # 8 was selling 38,240 copies). It was not stellar selling, but it wasn't worst than some DoX books.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    writers seemed to want to make Jeen powerful. Now Jean seems like a afterthought
    Looking back I think that was part of my aversion to Jeen, in that writers made her highly skilled and powerful almost instantly with only limited training. I know that we were Jean starved by that point, but it set a bad precedent for things moving forward. This now creates an issue where Jean can appear less powerful or skilled when comparing the two (which is almost worse in some respect considering Jean has all the memories of Jeen). The writing for Jean, for me, has improved with the roll out of more titles outside of PoX/HoX in particular X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

I rarely even discount double shipping when analyzing sales of a book, specially if they are coming with a lot of hype.

Sales are about the same as before, only the flagship better than gold but still on same tier that bendis or extraordinary

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post

I dont recall anyone at Marvel saying Red was a flop. Its not like it ended bc of poor sales

BANNED

Marvel is always good about promoting teenaged girl characters, especially within the X-Men franchise, their track record with adult women is substantially worse. When Jeen came in she basically filled in the "it girl" role that had been vacated by Hope, similar to how characters like Kitty Pryde or Jubilee had functioned in the past.

I dont recall anyone at Marvel saying Red was a flop. Its not like it ended bc of poor sales
    I said earlier that I was paranoid. Please, keep up lol
    And I didn't say that Marvel said it was a flop. I said "If Marvel considers that..." (the if part is quite important. I guess)
    Last edited by franckd; 04-03-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Teen Jean was definitely written very powerful, and was at the center of a number of the stories she was featured in. However, she was written very inconsistently, and often felt like a different character altogether. Yes, she has some similarities to adult Jean, but it was a major story point that she was acting differently to try to change her future. Teen Jean was a fun distraction, but I'm much happier having the adult Jean back.