Page 360 of 432 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 6479
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

Commissions by Ingrid Gala
    Love the first one.
    Logan’s box is clearly waterproof in the second one.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True. But these panels also show me that this Jean is not the Jean before the initial Phoenix event, as many speculated due to Jean wearing the green mini-dress, but rather a Jean that is aware of all of the Phoenix events. Jean says the Phoenix is not coming for her this time--so she knows about the Phoenix. And she does not seem to care someone else will be the host.
    This Jean is the recently resurrected one whose memories include rejecting the PF in the LS just before XM: Red and HoX/PoX. She knows the PF is not coming for her because she had already told it to Back-TF-Off and leave her alone.

That Avengers Phoenix is just reacting out of spite. (that's just my personal interpretation not having read the book)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This Jean is the recently resurrected one whose memories include rejecting the PF in the LS just before XM: Red and HoX/PoX. She knows the PF is not coming for her because she had already told it to Back-TF-Off and leave her alone.

That Avengers Phoenix is just reacting out of spite. (that's just my personal interpretation not having read the book)
    Oh, thanks for the info!

This comics is a fan service (For the Avengers and Wolvierine). Without logic and nexus. Even though Jean is not the Phoenix's interest. As Jean, she was going to do something, take the lead.
    ''It is not for me to go''
    Considering the history of the phoenix ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Love the first one.
    Logan’s box is clearly waterproof in the second one.
    What do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    This comics is a fan service (For the Avengers and Wolvierine). Without logic and nexus. Even though Jean is not the Phoenix's interest. As Jean, she was going to do something, take the lead.
    ''It is not for me to go''
    Considering the history of the phoenix ...
    Exactly! So the Phoenix Force shows up to have a contest of champions for it’s new host and Jean is like whatever...

That is not heroic! She can’t just not get involved knowing it’s going to most likely corrupt the new host, as Marvel has very shittingly established will always happen. Really what are the motives behind the PF’s anyway? Arron’s Avengers run has been so incestuous...uhh. Last issue Moon Knight had the PF, Blade was the Sorcerer Supreme, She-hulk was the Ironfist, and a baby was the Starbrand! Lol everything is a power-up. What a hot mess!

Default Just asking a question, to solve a "mystery"...

When I ask this question PLEASE answer truthfully, and honestly. Don't try to... give "the right" answer. Only your true feelings is what I want. There's a reason for this, and... its to validate something for myself, beyond the circle I've found myself in...

This is my question: "If Marvel were to relaunch the primary continuity, and the X-Men's Phoenix Saga happens differently from before... that is, it starts off from day one as a cosmic entity, one that is not solely centered on psionic energy, and instead of Jean Grey becoming Phoenix, its Cyclops, and... after his "death", Jean Grey is left to become the new leader of the X-Men, forcing her to take on leadership, and for her to develop and grow her powers on her own, rather than a cosmic boost doing the job... What would be your opinion on that AS both Jean Grey and Phoenix fans?"...

Whatever your answer would be, would immediately validate a particular point about the Marvel Fandom

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    When I ask this question PLEASE answer truthfully, and honestly. Don't try to... give "the right" answer. Only your true feelings is what I want. There's a reason for this, and... its to validate something for myself, beyond the circle I've found myself in...

This is my question: "If Marvel were to relaunch the primary continuity, and the X-Men's Phoenix Saga happens differently from before... that is, it starts off from day one as a cosmic entity, one that is not solely centered on psionic energy, and instead of Jean Grey becoming Phoenix, its Cyclops, and... after his "death", Jean Grey is left to become the new leader of the X-Men, forcing her to take on leadership, and for her to develop and grow her powers on her own, rather than a cosmic boost doing the job... What would be your opinion on that AS both Jean Grey and Phoenix fans?"...

Whatever your answer would be, would immediately validate a particular point about the Marvel Fandom
    Theres not enough information or perhaps cyclops isn't the right choice. I don't see what pHoenix would have been able to do with Scott. I mean maybe she could push his powers to absorb the radiation and as such not have been harmed by it, which could have proably created an interesting gamma blast affect, ohhh that could be cool. but ultimately it would depend on how the story was written. it's a relaunch so inherently i wouldn't expect jean to be phoenix like i feel DC stuck way too close on a lot of things that they didn't need to when they rebooted and it was like well why reboot or relaunch. Like imo supergirl story that tamaki did, i tihnk was his name, should be her definitive DC origin, that book was so good.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don't like reboots, she can still grow as character even without the pf in current continuity but the DPS was about her and that's the way i want it to stay.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The Phoenix Force is a retcon! The Phoenix Saga was the story of Jean Grey becoming a WOMAN and leaving behind her MARVEL GIRL moniker! From the weakest X-men to the becoming the strongest despite of her gender and silver age female stereotypes that she was saddled with! This is what was established by Claremont and Cockrum. Everything since the destruction of the D’Bari star has been a dismantling of her iconography and persona as Phoenix. Look at where we are today with the character after 15 year publishing limbo. Marvel just won’t let Jean Grey be better.

In my opinion a reversal of Jean/Scott and making the PF an aimless cosmic abstract that keeps bouncing around from host to host, instead of originating from Jean’s vast psionic abilities, misses the mark of the original creators intent, which is a far superior story.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Theres not enough information or perhaps cyclops isn't the right choice. I don't see what pHoenix would have been able to do with Scott. I mean maybe she could push his powers to absorb the radiation and as such not have been harmed by it, which could have proably created an interesting gamma blast affect, ohhh that could be cool. but ultimately it would depend on how the story was written. it's a relaunch so inherently i wouldn't expect jean to be phoenix like i feel DC stuck way too close on a lot of things that they didn't need to when they rebooted and it was like well why reboot or relaunch. Like imo supergirl story that tamaki did, i tihnk was his name, should be her definitive DC origin, that book was so good.

Is see Jean > Marvel Girl > Phoenix like Dick Grayson > Robin> Nightwing, except now everyone can be Nightwing instead of Robin without intention and buildup. When a Robin takes up their own identity, there is a story behind it.
    Last edited by otipep_90; 10-15-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You're the only one so far... that's different lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I don't like reboots, she can still grow as character even without the pf in current continuity but the DPS was about her and that's the way i want it to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    The Phoenix Force is a retcon! The Phoenix Saga was the story of Jean Grey becoming a WOMAN and leaving behind her MARVEL GIRL moniker! From the weakest X-men to the becoming the strongest despite of her gender and silver age female stereotypes that she was saddled with! This is what was established by Claremont and Cockrum. Everything since the destruction of the D’Bari star has been a dismantling of her iconography and persona as Phoenix. Look at where we are today with the character after 15 year publishing limbo. Marvel just won’t let Jean Grey be better.

In my opinion a reversal of Jean/Scott and making the PF an aimless cosmic abstract that keeps bouncing around from host to host, instead of originating from Jean’s vast psionic abilities, misses the mark of the original creators intent, which is a far superior story.
    So far, I'm getting an answer, perhaps the expected one. I won't declare this solved until I see more confirmation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

Commissions by Ingrid Gala
    Wow!

Exactly! So the Phoenix Force shows up to have a contest of champions for it’s new host and Jean is like whatever...

That is not heroic! She can’t just not get involved knowing it’s going to most likely corrupt the new host, as Marvel has very shittingly established will always happen. Really what are the motives behind the PF’s anyway? Arron’s Avengers run has been so incestuous...uhh. Last issue Moon Knight had the PF, Blade was the Sorcerer Supreme, She-hulk was the Ironfist, and a baby was the Starbrand! Lol everything is a power-up. What a hot mess!
    I think Wolverine's dialogue is foreshadowing that this time, whatever character gets it is NOT going to be chewed up and spit out.

Also, Marvel doesn't care about Jean Grey being a hero. She doesn't rank in the minds of the important writers, unfortunately.

This exactly.

We officially need a ban on dudes writing Phoenix stories. Granted, we've needed that since Endsong, but these days, it is definitely time for a moratorium until a woman comes along and centers it properly.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-15-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

This exactly.

We officially need a ban on dudes writing Phoenix stories. Granted, we've needed that since Endsong, but these days, it is definitely time for a moratorium until a woman comes along and centers it properly.
    LOL well good luck with that for one... but even more so... I'm not sure a woman writing the Phoenix is gonna solve anything. Cuz a woman right now is writing a major Phoenix story and... I'll just say this, it's highly radical, and I'd say revolutionary... but... it's quite different, and brings some, very interesting elements to the table. I also think, because she's a woman, is why she's made the decisions she's made lol

Keep in mind pls everyone, ask I ask the questions I ask... is to help make the future be something EVERYONE would be satisfied with. That's all

So pls don't flame me ^_^||