Page 344 of 367 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5494
  1. #5146
    Incredible Member Jean Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    722

    Default

    jean.jpg

    cute Jean icon that was added to Mobile game Future Fight in the latest patch

    aaah its supposed to be a gif, but dunno why it didn't animate oh well!

  2. #5147
    Mighty Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    jean.jpg

    cute Jean icon that was added to Mobile game Future Fight in the latest patch

    aaah its supposed to be a gif, but dunno why it didn't animate oh well!

  3. #5148
    Spectacular Member Conor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    The metallic sheen of the mask looks great.

  4. #5149
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    If the avengers, as a whole, do not fully try to repel
    Phoenix and condemn it trying to empower them, then considering the context of AVX they will be huge hypocrites.

    I’m willing to see how it plays out first though. No need for such feelings if the story doesn’t turn out that way.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  5. #5150
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If the avengers, as a whole, do not fully try to repel
    Phoenix and condemn it trying to empower them, then considering the context of AVX they will be huge hypocrites.

    I’m willing to see how it plays out first though. No need for such feelings if the story doesn’t turn out that way.
    At this point I'm not sure exactly what Marvels business plan is here to attract casual comic book fans with the Phoenix force and then slap it on to some random redhead character to boost sales?

  6. #5151
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    I'm starting to warm up some to the Marvel Girl outfit and mask though it is still a wild look. I was watching an old video on youtube yesterday from late 60s/early 70's with a model dancing in a micro-miniskirt and it is just unimaginable that someone would go on dangerous space missions wearing such an outfit. Free the thighs indeed, yikes!

    In other news.. the X-Men Monday guy is teasing asking JDW about Jean's vote about Maddie being in the resurrection protocols for this week's X-Men Monday. It could be interesting. Jean has shown compassion for Maddie before so I would think she either voted in favor of Maddie or abstained due to a potential conflict of interest. It will be interesting to see JDW's answer. We didn't see the Quiet Council vote and was only informed of the outcome of the vote (last Hellions issue).

    This Wednesday X of Swords Creation comes out and Jean should feature in a Quiet Council meeting (we saw an earlier preview with Apocalypse standing with the Summoner in front of the Council which I think is from this issue).

  7. #5152
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm starting to warm up some to the Marvel Girl outfit and mask though it is still a wild look. I was watching an old video on youtube yesterday from late 60s/early 70's with a model dancing in a micro-miniskirt and it is just unimaginable that someone would go on dangerous space missions wearing such an outfit. Free the thighs indeed, yikes!

    In other news.. the X-Men Monday guy is teasing asking JDW about Jean's vote about Maddie being in the resurrection protocols for this week's X-Men Monday. It could be interesting. Jean has shown compassion for Maddie before so I would think she either voted in favor of Maddie or abstained due to a potential conflict of interest. It will be interesting to see JDW's answer. We didn't see the Quiet Council vote and was only informed of the outcome of the vote (last Hellions issue).

    This Wednesday X of Swords Creation comes out and Jean should feature in a Quiet Council meeting (we saw an earlier preview with Apocalypse standing with the Summoner in front of the Council which I think is from this issue).
    I was hoping the council meeting for Madelyne would be shown in a flashback on a later issue. So I'm kinda hoping JDW can't answer it.

  8. #5153
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,255

    Default

    I think Jean without a doubt voted no. Maddie died in Inferno and she has those memories after they merged and the PF returned the portion of her soul that gave Maddie life. I dont think she'd view this demonic version that was waging a genocide on Krakoa as the real deal bc she wasnt. If Maddie were to ever be resurrected, the one in Hellions, isnt the one to be brought back

  9. #5154
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    We also don't know from when a backup of Maddie exists. There could be one from when she was brought back by Nate.. or it could be part of Jean's memories! That would be something. I think the right decision was made, but I also think Maddie got such a raw deal as a character and could be redeemed. It would have been nice for Jean to have a twin sister lol

    Inferno pretty much made Maddie a version, extension, and incarnation of Jean (even though that upsets some fans to admit to such) and with Jean gaining the memories and part of Maddie in Inferno (that was from the Phoenix/Jean merger) there really isn't much point in bringing Maddie back. In a way Maddie already exists as a part of Jean.

  10. #5155
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    The metallic sheen of the mask looks great.
    Indeed it does.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  11. #5156
    Astonishing Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Monday Miniskirted Masked MARVEL Appreciation


  12. #5157
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

    In other news.. the X-Men Monday guy is teasing asking JDW about Jean's vote about Maddie being in the resurrection protocols for this week's X-Men Monday. It could be interesting. Jean has shown compassion for Maddie before so I would think she either voted in favor of Maddie or abstained due to a potential conflict of interest. It will be interesting to see JDW's answer. We didn't see the Quiet Council vote and was only informed of the outcome of the vote (last Hellions issue).
    JDW's answer
    AIPT: OK, now for a question I’ve wanted to ask all week. Did Jean Grey recuse herself from the Quiet Council meeting to decide whether Madelyne Pryor should be resurrected?

    Jordan: [Laughs] I knew this was going to come up. I was like, well, it’s not part of X of Swords…

    AIPT: I know we’ve talked about this before, but could you clarify who or what this latest version of Madelyne was? Because I’ve seen a lot of people online trying to figure that out.

    Jordan: I mean, I think that’s part of the interesting debate. Again, you didn’t see the scene of the Council, but I imagine the scene in the Council was a lot of the same debates that people are having about this, because what is she? What makes her different from Jean if Madelyne was made from a piece of Jean’s soul?

    OK, so let me get this straight. I think this is true. A piece of Jean’s soul was taken by the Phoenix so that it could be her, right? While she slept it off at the bottom of the bay.


    So it took a piece of her, right? And then it went Dark Phoenix and got killed on the Moon, right? And then Sinister, I believe, captured that piece of her soul and made Madelyne. And then Madelyne “lived” with a fake life.


    So she lived, she married Scott, she had a baby. “Inferno” happened. And I believe that piece of her soul was reabsorbed back into Jean. So now, the essence that made Madelyne live lives in Jean.

    AIPT: With all her memories too.


    Jordan: With all of her memories. So what is this new Madelyne? And I don’t know the answer because… did a soul spontaneously come into existence? Is Madelyne–before she just died–the thing that HOX/POX skeptics said about all of the X-Men–is she a soulless copy? Honestly, I don’t know the answer. And I think that’s all part of the debate. And I definitely saw people talking about how Storm was friends with Madelyne and I think that’s true, but also Storm knows that friend of hers lives on in Jean.


    So that’s complicated. And I’m not saying therefore Storm would be like, “Forget this lady.” I don’t know. We didn’t show that scene. And I think part of the reason we didn’t show that scene was because we want people to be able to have this debate and this conversation, but we did tell you the end result, which is that the Council voted no. And what is that going to mean? And what is that going to do? Those are great questions and we’ll see where it goes.

    Image Credit: Marvel Comics

  13. #5158
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,187

    Default

    JDW also said the cliffhanger in X-Force won't be dealt with until after XoS. So we'll see Jean interrogate Colossus and Omega Red in December.

  14. #5159
    Spectacular Member andreikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    121

    Default

    So, for Maddie to live, that part of Jean's soul would have to be removed. It would be funny if Mr. Sinister asked Jean this

  15. #5160
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    So, for Maddie to live, that part of Jean's soul would have to be removed. It would be funny if Mr. Sinister asked Jean this
    Sinister has no ability to remove souls.

    With all the unresolved issues Goblin Queen Maddy will be back in a new Jean clone body sometime next year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •