Page 108 of 365 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 5471
  1. #1606
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This stuff, comics, are supposed to be about having fun but god some people really take this stuff like is real (it isn't), kinda miss the point of this hobby.
    They are all fictional characters with no agency.

    Hello Peanutsinspace
    Thanks for being positive!
    I think it is great that you are encouraging positivity. I hope you see that you and a few others are the ones that contribute a lot of negativity. So it might be time to look at one's self and to be and do better. It is just a thought. We are all Jean fans in this thread so we should all feel welcome but as some have pointed out the negative folks make it really tiresome. I know I contribute some to it because I engage some of you who are so negative about the Morrison run, but I just try to combat the negativity with information and try my best to counter falsehoods.

  2. #1607
    Incredible Member franckd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    928

    Default

    I gave up arguing with the negative Nancys a while ago, and put them on my ignore list. There is not a lot of them, thank God.
    Comics are about having fun and nice exchanges. Not about holding a grudge against some characters they hate or some writers they hate even more.

    Back to Jean, I can't wait to see what Percy has planed for her.

  3. #1608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You say that criticizing overrated writers (again this is just your subjective opinion - you want to try using more qualifiers in your writing) means people will say you are a hater or "too dumb" but you neglect to state that those of us who counter your incorrect assertions do so with actually using facts from the books. We use facts and evidence. For example when you once said Jean was cold in New X-men and then I proceeded to list every single time she shown empathy and compassion during the run (which was a lot). It is ok if you hate it but you've said that over and over. But at least be honest about the run instead of making stuff up that is easily debunked by the very books you hate.

    It is just better to be honest and less biased. X-books should be fun and we should all share things we enjoy but others have said it is hard to contribute to this thread because of a few that go on and on about the Scott and Jean breakup or poor Jean having her husband cheat on her, etc.
    Damn.... Now you have putten the words better than I would have done . Fans are truly obsessed with shipping all the time when it comes to Jean.
    Morrison's Phoenix is the better than any Phoenix and it's not just about power levels but her characterization as a cosmic force+human being was really great.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  4. #1609
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think it is great that you are encouraging positivity. I hope you see that you and a few others are the ones that contribute a lot of negativity. So it might be time to look at one's self and to be and do better. It is just a thought. We are all Jean fans in this thread so we should all feel welcome but as some have pointed out the negative folks make it really tiresome. I know I contribute some to it because I engage some of you who are so negative about the Morrison run, but I just try to combat the negativity with information and try my best to counter falsehoods.
    OK, thanks. If I acted negative then I apologize.
    I still dislike Morrison's run but it is okay if you like it

  5. #1610
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You say that criticizing overrated writers (again this is just your subjective opinion - you want to try using more qualifiers in your writing) means people will say you are a hater or "too dumb" but you neglect to state that those of us who counter your incorrect assertions do so with actually using facts from the books. We use facts and evidence. For example when you once said Jean was cold in New X-men and then I proceeded to list every single time she shown empathy and compassion during the run (which was a lot). It is ok if you hate it but you've said that over and over. But at least be honest about the run instead of making stuff up that is easily debunked by the very books you hate.
    And I already acknowledge it, but she was still distand not passionate. I can't tell what was her passion, her personal objectives.
    It is just better to be honest and less biased. X-books should be fun and we should all share things we enjoy but others have said it is hard to contribute to this thread because of a few that go on and on about the Scott and Jean breakup or poor Jean having her husband cheat on her, etc.
    Yeah x-books sould be fun I agree
    Well when x-books let jean be the great chaarcter sh eis destined I will stop complaining about the 15 years long victimization of jean grey

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Damn.... Now you have putten the words better than I would have done . Fans are truly obsessed with shipping all the time when it comes to Jean.
    Morrison's Phoenix is the better than any Phoenix and it's not just about power levels but her characterization as a cosmic force+human being was really great.
    This is sacrilege on Claremont
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-27-2020 at 02:50 PM.

  6. #1611
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Morrison's run also had best non-Phoenix costume.

    The stripes with the X and the jacket are legend. Take me back.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  7. #1612
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Dark Phoenix found it's way into Pokemon


  8. #1613
    Incredible Member franckd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Morrison's run also had best non-Phoenix costume.

    The stripes with the X and the jacket are legend. Take me back.
    It's my non-phoenix favorite suit.

  9. #1614
    Fantastic Member davetvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    It's my non-phoenix favorite suit.
    Same! I hope they make an action figure of it.

  10. #1615
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Morrison's run also had best non-Phoenix costume.

    The stripes with the X and the jacket are legend. Take me back.
    Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    It's my non-phoenix favorite suit.
    I like this one too. I think if I were to rank my favorite costumes:

    1. Cockrum's Phoenix design is perfection. Also like the variations with Dark Phoenix and White Phoenix of the Crown
    2. Jim Lee 90s costume. It's dated, but I love it anyway
    3. New X-Men

  11. #1616
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    It's my non-phoenix favorite suit.
    Yupp.
    I would have loved to see that outfit in DoX and would have been absolutely perfect in the GSXM instead of the re-coloured XMRed suit.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  12. #1617
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    My X-men Red cosplay is coming along nicely. Here’s a look at my breastplate.

    Attachment 94988

    I didn’t necessarily *love* the armor look for jean, but for a cosplay I think it’s making it a lot more fun.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  13. #1618
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    My X-men Red cosplay is coming along nicely. Here’s a look at my breastplate.

    Attachment 94988

    I didn’t necessarily *love* the armor look for jean, but for a cosplay I think it’s making it a lot more fun.
    it looks like the sayan armor

  14. #1619
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it looks like the sayan armor
    I don’t know what that is
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  15. #1620
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I don’t know what that is
    From dragon ball z


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •