Page 122 of 432 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 6479
    BANNED

Jean in the Emma Frost and/or Alexandra DeWitt roles is a drag. The audience and the character have both progressed.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Good things she isn't in any of those roles

I miss the days when Teen Jean was the hit girl of Marvel but then left Adult Jean aside, i loved her in x-men red tho

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I miss the days when Teen Jean was the hit girl of Marvel but then left Adult Jean aside, i loved her in x-men red tho
    She's been pretty decent in X-Force in limited time. Hopefully she'll get an issue centered on her soon, but so far when she appeared in X-Force she's been on par with the version in X-Men Red. Just need to have an issue or two to get into her head a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    But spirit, yelling "SCOTT!" and cat fighting his exes is all Jean Grey is about. Why on Earth would we want her to do anything else. Getting characters out of their comfort zone is boring and isn't cute.

[/sarcasm]
    Nothing better that let Jean doing the same thing all over again

All of this. The poly thing is awful. Is just having the girl run completely free that frightening? Why is the copout needed? Yeesh.
    Poly thing isn't happening, that would cost some people their jobs. For much less Chuck Wendig lost his job.
    Hickman is bad on characterizations, h eis even worse on romance. His jokes about it are terrible.

It's funny how much marvel invested on Teen Jean. Adult jean started well, but the loss of Paniccia as editor and Hickman arriving derailed everything

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Teen jean was probably the only teen O5 that was liked, she was much more than just a copy of Jean. She gave Jean a second breath as a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Nothing better that let Jean doing the same thing all over again

Poly thing isn't happening, that would cost some people their jobs. For much less Chuck Wendig lost his job.
    Hickman is bad on characterizations, h eis even worse on romance. His jokes about it are terrible.

It's funny how much marvel invested on Teen Jean. Adult jean started well, but the loss of Paniccia as editor and Hickman arriving derailed everything
    Poly is not a bad thing, not liking doesn't make it a bad thing. It is completely valid form of love and it is what Jean has chosen.
    Teen Jean wasn't a waste, she resurrected interest on Jean maybe she could be the reason she came back.

Also telepathy? red hair? Badass and wholesome? it is so boring always the same.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-05-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Poly is not a bad thing, not liking doesn't make it a bad thing. It is completely valid form of love and it is what Jean has chosen.
    Teen Jean wasn't a waste, she resurrected interest on Jean maybe she isn't even the reason she came back.

Also telepathy? red hair? Badass and wholesome? it is so boring always the same.
    These are her defining characteristic, doesn't mean that stories have to be the same.

I didn't said it is bad, i just don't want see it with jean and forcing it on characters. Hickman whole thing is dumb and lack good characterizations, character developments.
    Jean would never choose it

damn I didn't know people really rode for Jeen lol. I remember being fine with her she just felt more like a Bendis OC than Jean. Ive been wanting to check that era out again though maybe I'll feel different now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Teen jean was probably the only teen O5 that was liked, she was much more than just a copy of Jean. She gave Jean a second breath as a character.

Teen Jean wasn't a waste, she resurrected interest on Jean maybe she could be the reason she came back.
    I was at first sceptical after Hearing About the O5 returning. But to my surprise Bendis wrote them well esp. Teen Jean. As you said it gave herself something her own and revitalized the character. And I would think yes that Teen Jean appearing was part of the reason of adult jean being allowed to come back.

I think the Problem is simply that a regular US-Comic is not used to relationships like that. The only other one was Simones Secret Six, I think. Still surprised she managed to Keep it in the follow-up series.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I was at first sceptical after Hearing About the O5 returning. But to my surprise Bendis wrote them well esp. Teen Jean. As you said it gave herself something her own and revitalized the character. And I would think yes that Teen Jean appearing was part of the reason of adult jean being allowed to come back.

I think the Problem is simply that a regular US-Comic is not used to relationships like that. The only other one was Simones Secret Six, I think. Still surprised she managed to Keep it in the follow-up series.
    It was made with unknown character in a comic that sells badly and is barely acknowledge in universe.
    The last issue of Mockingbird solo series suggested that it ended on a three way between clint, bobbi and nick. But it sold badly and nobody acknowledge it.
    Anyway both of these books were better written than Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    damn I didn't know people really rode for Jeen lol. I remember being fine with her she just felt more like a Bendis OC than Jean. Ive been wanting to check that era out again though maybe I'll feel different now
    Well, you kinda unknowingly understood the character exactly.

If you take any person and put them In a new environment and give them new experiences, they’ll likely be a different person while still being the same person. That’s what we so fascinating.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    I feel like Marvel is taking a step back in how they should be portraying women. And strong women at that. I have waited so long for Marvel to bring Jean back in a way that is satisfying and organic to who she was.
    I fell in love with Jean when I first read Uncanny X-Men 125. (Published in my country Sweden in 1985, originally in 1979.) She was such a complex character. Strong, vulnerable, funny, often caring, sometimes egoistical, and she had a fiery temper. Claremont developed her so much in the late 1970s, early 1980s. That is 40 years ago but she hasn’t really progressed since then. She has had some fine moments and I loved how Morrison wrote her, but there has been so many regressions to her character that every step forward is still several steps behind how Claremont wrote her when she was at her very best.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I fell in love with Jean when I first read Uncanny X-Men 125. (Published in my country Sweden in 1985, originally in 1979.) She was such a complex character. Strong, vulnerable, funny, often caring, sometimes egoistical, and she had a fiery temper. Claremont developed her so much in the late 1970s, early 1980s. That is 40 years ago but she hasn’t really progressed since then. She has had some fine moments and I loved how Morrison wrote her, but there has been so many regressions to her character that every step forward is still several steps behind how Claremont wrote her when she was at her very best.
    Unfortunately, when it's about Jean, Marvel is always 1 step ahead, 2 steps back.

My only confort is that CC, Morrison and Taylor really wrote her well.
    And I think Seagle & Kelly would have too, if they had been allowed...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Morrison did something cool with Phoenix, but it was all surface level and he ended up screwing everything up on the end.

I think that if marvel showed 10% of th einterest they had on teen Jean, Adult Jean would be on better place.
    The problem is that majority of writers aren't interested on Jean, the ones that do good jobs won't stay for long like Taylor.

Monday Masked Miniskirted Marvel appreciation!
    Glad to see the Marvel Girl persona getting some respect in the gaming platforms as alternate visuals. Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Future Fight give the look light update (oooh seams!).
    Attachment 95272

And despite my usual preference for Marvel Girl to be without and Phoenix tinges in her presentation, I’m not hating the Alliance for giving her flaming wings...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Z9Pfjg...d=lqukz81blezj