Page 381 of 432 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 6479

And who fights in a dress?
    Marvel girl costume, basically to show the legs and cleavage

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    lol a woman wearing a skirt and showing her legs is sexist now? There are many examples of gratuitous sexualisation of comic book characters, especially female characters but Marvel Girl Jean is not one of them.
    Yes women showing skin has always been a source of criticism when it comes to sexism. Its not simply wearing a skirt, but the context. Its fitting for home life and Council meetings but comes across gratuitous in battle scenarios, especially when she already has a battle costume that is never used outside of Dautermann's pen

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Pin-up pose and yes, sexualized…

What bothers me is that she looks a girl after years being a woman.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I don't really have a problem with it as, say, a casual outfit but it just feels off to me to see them be pushing it as practically her main costume again.

I don't think it quite has the versatility of, say, Supergirl's costume.

Yes, I agree, it seems strange that Jean is wearing it for so long now and no explanation. Are the writers and artists really out of ideas how to give Jean a great new look???

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I agree, it seems strange that Jean is wearing it for so long now and no explanation. Are the writers and artists really out of ideas how to give Jean a great new look???
    I wouldnt blame the artists as her look seems to be editorial/writer mandated. Hickman wants this. Larraz originally drew her in her Red costume in HOX but had to change it. Even if they cant design a new costume, I really doubt that most artists prefer this look over any of her other older costumes. Dautermann gets freedom to do as he pleases so the fact that no one else can draw her in anything but the MG dress reaffirms to me at least that they arent given the freedom to.

Especially since Storm got a new one (not sure who else got a new one) why would Jean go back to something she used in the 60s or when she was a noob

I mean I know there was a time where all any fans talked about was her green minidress, but I feel now, we have gotten way more than enough.

I wonder why Hickman is so intent on this look?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Especially since Storm got a new one (not sure who else got a new one) why would Jean go back to something she used in the 60s or when she was a noob
    Isn't Storm still using her X-Men Red costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Storm still using her X-Men Red costume?
    Yeah that one, Jean got x-men red one but now she's back with the Marvel Girl look because the writer wants it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean is an omega telepath and she being the one telepath to breach Saturnyne's defenses would definitely validate that
    Saturnyne is Guardian of the Omniverse and the level of magic she has is way beyond ANY mutant telepath. Jean would need to be Phoenix to breach this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    And who fights in a dress?
    Marvel girl costume, basically to show the legs and cleavage
    Yes. Also Hickman deliberately meant to depower her in personality as to the way she was before she was Phoenix and obviously to ignore all the Jeen stuff. He deliberately sidelined Jean.

I think it’s him not being crazy about the character and also wanting the Phoenix out of the picture until he competed world building for the X-Men. Krakoa is the vision of Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse and Moira with her many lives knew too bring them all together to create this.

Jean simply did not fit in that paradigm so X-Men are’s was retconned away and she was made Marvel Girl again. Cyclops as he was from Utopia all the way to his return would not have been so deferential to Xavier and the Quiet Council. He was written as a visionary/alpha type. That Scott is gone too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I mean I know there was a time where all any fans talked about was her green minidress, but I feel now, we have gotten way more than enough.

I wonder why Hickman is so intent on this look?
    Because that's ALL most of you seem to be interested in or care about. He's clearly having a good laugh at your expense.

What the "detractors of the dress" don't seem to get is...It's comics...Jean can show up and show out regardless of what she's wearing.
    It's not any different than Tigra, really....is she any less of a superhero, a strong capable beauty-full one at that, but for the fact her costume was a bikini?
    Again...comics.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Because that's ALL most of you seem to be interested in or care about. He's clearly having a good laugh at your expense.

What the "detractors of the dress" don't seem to get is...It's comics...Jean can show up and show out regardless of what she's wearing.
    It's not any different than Tigra, really....is she any less of a superhero, a strong capable beauty-full one at that, but for the fact her costume was a bikini?
    Again...comics.
    Well, I do not think I make note of it much at all; just joining in the current conversation that is going on.

Also, I was asking questions to see if I missed something information-wise. Like is this the real JG of E-616? Is her mind all there or is Jean's mind only that up to the green MG costume (which would explain why she is wearing it)?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 11-23-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Again...comics.
    Sometimes I wanted to believe that Xavier did something with the minds of the X-Men. But if he did that, it would be together with Magneto, Apoc and I put Emma, ​​because in the beginning they went after her and Moira, of course.