Page 227 of 432 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by taiedy View Post
    I'm sorry but this issue could have been a great showing for Jean but that ending was awkward and nausea-inducing. Gimmicks do not make for character moments. I've had a problem with the character of Jean and there are moments where I think she enormously shines, but simultaneously she is often used as a plot device for another character. At this point, her character is so toxic and stained that she is defined by either her relationship with Scott or Logan (which had never made sense in the first place, but a stupid retcon). Why the sex scene or the polyamorous elements. Its never been a character beat for either her or Scott. I can see it with Logan, and I would happily see it with characters where it makes sense. The sex scene didn't add anything to this issue. You don't have to 'dirty' her character to make her seem more interesting. But ****, comics have to make sales right..?! She was solid the whole issue, you could see why she did what she did and she was explosively great. Couldn't that have been enough?

Plus this is gonna end up silly if this was all fake.

I really didn't want to write this, but it has to be said, there is a reason why mangas and graphic novels (or indie comics) do much better narratively and commerically than mainstream comics like Marvel and DC, and I would happily get into that debate. Imma be honest, reading this till the end was like going on a good date but getting food poisoning. Just my two cents.
    The fact that you think a woman choosing to have sex is “dirtying” her somehow is maybe your problem here. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Storm/Jean/Emma is definitely another love triangle that borders on polyamorous, but Ro and Em have that hate sex relationship.
    I like to think that Scott likes to be tied up to the bed by Emma, Emma likes to be tied up to the bed by Ororo and both Ororo and Scott ask Emma to wear the Dark Phoenix Jean outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So now that it's confirmed that Jean/Logan/Scott is a thing... How do Jean's fans feel about having Emma join and/or a JeanxEmma thing?
    it doesn't confirme they are on a poly thing at all.

jean isn't gay, and doubt marvel would allow any of this

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it doesn't confirme they are on a poly thing at all.

jean isn't gay, and doubt marvel would allow any of this
    They're already allowing it, Scott/Jean/Logan is already a thing and Emma is most likely involved.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Storm/Jean/Emma is definitely another love triangle that borders on polyamorous, but Ro and Em have that hate sex relationship.

Emma even had sex with Shaw in Storm’s body.

Hate sex doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Emma even had sex with Shaw in Storm’s body.

Hate sex doesn’t even begin to cover it.
    that is called rape, not sex.

I'm sorry but this issue could have been a great showing for Jean but that ending was awkward and nausea-inducing. Gimmicks do not make for character moments. I've had a problem with the character of Jean and there are moments where I think she enormously shines, but simultaneously she is often used as a plot device for another character. At this point, her character is so toxic and stained that she is defined by either her relationship with Scott or Logan (which had never made sense in the first place, but a stupid retcon). Why the sex scene or the polyamorous elements. Its never been a character beat for either her or Scott. I can see it with Logan, and I would happily see it with characters where it makes sense. The sex scene didn't add anything to this issue. You don't have to 'dirty' her character to make her seem more interesting. But ****, comics have to make sales right..?! She was solid the whole issue, you could see why she did what she did and she was explosively great. Couldn't that have been enough?

Plus this is gonna end up silly if this was all fake.

I really didn't want to write this, but it has to be said, there is a reason why mangas and graphic novels (or indie comics) do much better narratively and commerically than mainstream comics like Marvel and DC, and I would happily get into that debate. Imma be honest, reading this till the end was like going on a good date but getting food poisoning. Just my two cents.
    you are damn right.

The comic was good until the last 4 pages, that are pure fanservice and out of character
    comics sell a lot less than manga and this is one of the reasons
    They're already allowing it, Scott/Jean/Logan is already a thing and Emma is most likely involved.
    they aren't. we only saw jean kissing Logan. Emma gonna marry Tony Stark, haha involved

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The fact that you think a woman choosing to have sex is “dirtying” her somehow is maybe your problem here. Just saying.
    When I say 'dirty' her up, I don't mean she cant have sex. What I mean is she wont have sex with another character while being married because its something Jean wouldn't do, at least what I know of the character. Infact this 'whole make babies so lets sex everyone up' era also doesn't make sense but thats whole different issue.

Extraordinary Member

I can see Tony as the one Avenger who’s like, “yeah let me join in there.”

All-New Member

When I say 'dirty' her up, I don't mean she cant have sex. What I mean is she wont have sex with another character while being married because its something Jean wouldn't do, at least what I know of the character. Infact this 'whole make babies so lets sex everyone up' era also doesn't make sense but thats whole different issue.
    Infact, if Jean divorced from Scott or was in a sole relationship with Logan, fine go for it.

they aren't. we only saw jean kissing Logan. Emma gonna marry Tony Stark, haha involved
    Marrying Stark would still allow to be involved, what do you mean?

Between this, the orgies, the rooms, at this point all we need to know is who's bottom and who's top.

Infact, if Jean divorced from Scott or was in a sole relationship with Logan, fine go for it.
    Marriage and divorce are such a flatscan thing.

So now that it's confirmed that Jean/Logan/Scott is a thing... How do Jean's fans feel about having Emma join and/or a JeanxEmma thing?
    I'd be all for it because I'm a sucker for the classic enemies-to-lovers trope. Given the heated history between Emma and Jean, the two of them becoming intimately involved would lead to some juicy story beats.

Marrying Stark would still allow to be involved, what do you mean?

Between this, the orgies, the rooms, at this point all we need to know is who's bottom and who's top.
    Stark isn't krakoan,

it is all to make readers believe it, or ike will come to cut some heads pretty soon

I still think there is problem as writers only write Jean with Scott or something with Logan, while these two men have multiple romances.
    the ideal is all dumb

Extraordinary Member

Stark isn't krakoan,

it is all to make readers believe it, or ike will come to cut some heads pretty soon

I still think there is problem as writers only write Jean with Scott or something with Logan, while these two men have multiple romances.
    the ideal is all dumb
    Jean’s also been with Bishop.

BANNED

Manga literally has underage girls half-naked or flashing their panties, or male characters being straight up sexual maniacs, but people see Jean boning Logan (and with her husband's agreement, since he does the same) and people be like "wow so immoral, manga is definitely the morally superior form of art".