Page 230 of 432 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    None of them knew to make it a sexual agression, both were victims. Worse they threw it away for Logan/Jean that weren't attracted to each other for more than a decade and the origin is sexual harassment

i don't think it would make sense open. Jean should go straight for new adventures trying to find a new guy

just because Scott can't keep it on his pants, doesn't make it so that jean has to accept it
    Ok I'm not a fan of boiling down being poly to "not being able to keep it in your pants." I think Jean and Scott love each other, but being separated by death for years seems like a good reason to try something new in your relationship. We can't assume which one of them pushed to open the relationship, because for some reason their issues from the early 2000s still haven't been addressed.

Just read it

Jean eating good as she should

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm a big fan of manga and anime and i can tell you what Prez describe, is not hentai only, hell Dragon Ball has that (Roshi and Bulma) and things like Persona (a pretty popular videogame franchise that uses many anime/manga tropes) has a lot of fanservice with underage girls. I love those works by the way, but the "iffy" content is by no means limited to Hentai.
    But that has no angle on what I'm trying to say. Prez is saying I'm arguing that things get overtly sexual in mangas [which by the way is a very strawman argument because there are lot of mangas (and mainstream comics) that don't do that] so why should I be surprised by it happening in this issue. But those characters have always being like that from the beginning so I cant mistake it for OOC plus that is the creator's vision for his character and as the audience, I can either accept it or throw it away, but here it just seems like mainstream comics be wilding out to get sales no matter how detrimental it is to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok I'm not a fan of boiling down being poly to "not being able to keep it in your pants." I think Jean and Scott love each other, but being separated by death for years seems like a good reason to try something new in your relationship. We can't assume which one of them pushed to open the relationship, because for some reason their issues from the early 2000s still haven't been addressed.
    That is the case for scott, not for Jean that was dead. I don't see how it would make them open the relationship instead of getting deeper in knowing theirselves again or Jean just leaving.
    ir simply doesn't make any sense, completely out of character

Well, trying Logan isn't trying something new…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

My head canon is that after the time-displaced O5 went back, and all of a sudden the current O5 got these new memories (everything the time displaced O5 witnessed/experienced), they figured their stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    My head canon is that after the time-displaced O5 went back, and all of a sudden the current O5 got these new memories (everything the time displaced O5 witnessed/experienced), they figured their stuff out.
    It still makes even less sense

Jean, Logan, and Scott were all kind of pushing the bounds of monogamy back in the 90s lmao. I think the case with Emma was different just because that was a clear-cut example of mistrust between Jott. But in Hopeless’ JG series, she seemed to at least empathize with how Emma felt after she explained herself.

It still makes even less sense
    Makes perfect sense actually. Jeen and Emma were really close during Bendis-Men. Not romantic obviously but to say they were even friends is blatant misreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Jean, Logan, and Scott were all kind of pushing the bounds of monogamy back in the 90s lmao. I think the case with Emma was different just because that was a clear-cut example of mistrust between Jott. But in Hopeless’ JG series, she seemed to at least empathize with how Emma felt after she explained herself.
    They weren't pushing boundaries. Logan was harassing Jean, and love triangles are very common

Makes perfect sense actually. Jeen and Emma were really close during Bendis-Men. Not romantic obviously but to say they were even friends is blatant misreading.
    they werent after th einhumans. scott hated Emma. Jeen hated Logan and saw old man logan as a father figure

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So now that it's confirmed that Jean/Logan/Scott is a thing... How do Jean's fans feel about having Emma join and/or a JeanxEmma thing?
    Personally, I'm not at all interested in the Jean/Emma pairing or the Scott/Logan pairing.
    I don't think we need to add to (further complicate) the relationship issues with homosexual pairings especially as neither Jean, Scott, Wolverine nor Emma have indicated they are anything but heterosexual. Regardless of the fan-fictions that exist.
    They're poly which was a step in a new and different direction for the characters.
    They (the writers) can explore gay polyamory with characters who are already gay.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by taiedy View Post
    But that has no angle on what I'm trying to say. Prez is saying I'm arguing that things get overtly sexual in mangas [which by the way is a very strawman argument because there are lot of mangas (and mainstream comics) that don't do that] so why should I be surprised by it happening in this issue. But those characters have always being like that from the beginning so I cant mistake it for OOC plus that is the creator's vision for his character and as the audience, I can either accept it or throw it away, but here it just seems like mainstream comics be wilding out to get sales no matter how detrimental it is to the character.
    There is some true to that, but frankly Marvel stopped caring about consistent charactherization since the turn of the century. Scott and Jean i particular had a changed since Morrison run, for good or for ill (some fans really like it, some others really didn't and the discussion about it still exist). Logan has a change of charactherization too, but it has been more subtle and better explained overall (althought certanly not as well recieved, most fans actually think that he got worse).

As for this particular decision yes i agreed that is OOC because we didn't really see how they got here. But i think that it has less to do with sales and more to do with Hickman's vision about the new mutant society, is up to you if you find it compelling or not, i enjoy like half of it and i raise my eyebrows to some of the other stuff, but i'm interested enougth to see where is going.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

they werent after th einhumans. scott hated Emma. Jeen hated Logan and saw old man logan as a father figure
    Their memories unlock didnt make them automatically fall for anyone, but it should have given them perspective to recontexualize their relationships. Jean should now have a different view of Emma than when her adult self last interacted with her in Morrison's run bc she saw Emma after that and has memories of getting closer to her. Jean's had an attraction to Logan in the past and one can say she resisted bc of her commitment and monogamy to Scott. If she now feels differently about Emma and doesnt mind sharing her with Scott, then its only fair that she gets to have Logan when she wants and it be okay bc all parties involved are aware and there is no lying and deciet.
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-08-2020 at 12:05 PM.

They weren't pushing boundaries. Logan was harassing Jean, and love triangles are very common

Not in the 90s, after CC last croosover, Logan stopped pursuing Jean and let her be happy with her soon to be husband, until the Casey/Morrison era.

To clarify i'm not trying to justify Logan's questionable behavior previous to that, just saying that eventually Jean and Logan settled for a friendship and a more positive relationship from that decade (well excepts for AU but that doesn't count)
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Their memories unlock didnt make them automatically fall for anyone, but it should have given them perspective to recontexualize their relationships. Jean should now have a different view of Emma than when her adult self last interacted with her in Morrison's run bc she saw Emma after that and has memories of getting closer to her
    Exactly!!!!

All-New Member

Forgive me as this might be on the wrong thread and I am new on this site, but can someone please explain in simple words why it was important that 'a new mutants law' was something that needed to be addressed and laid out. Aren't mutants the next step in the human gene and aren't mutants likely to reproduce mutants without unnecessarily having orgies and aren't they on a relatively small island (population control?). A link to a diffferent thread where it is addressed would be fine, if its not applicable here.