Page 233 of 432 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Bad writing is still canon. LOL.
    If being canon is only your justificative instead of being good and logical, do what

Denial is not a river etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She did not hate, but had a fall out becaus eof the inhumans and only because of fans that bunn made her being more soft on the end
    Again not true. Jean's view of Emma did not change.

Right after IvX, she was unbothered by Emma. Scott was obviously pissed and Jean was cracking jokes

In Blue, Jean was empathetic to her losing Scott and treated her with kindness, instead of disgust for what Emma was doing in this story

And back to their last interaction in this book, Jean swore to protect her when Magneto was on his rampage and she showed concern for Emma's future when she and the X-men were about to leave her. None of this sounds like the attitude of someone that has had a falling out

Don't forget Gen X Emma during that time travel story

Quote Originally Posted by taiedy View Post
    That is such a hazy statement. You know what, Jean should become a serial killer. That would be something new

No need for the mental gymnastics and holy water.
    Right? since everything has to be new without anything to do with the character, let's kick the bucket. Nothing matters anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Again not true. Jean's view of Emma did not change.

Right after IvX, she was unbothered by Emma. Scott was obviously pissed and Jean was cracking jokes

In Blue, Jean was empathetic to her losing Scott and treated her with kindness, instead of disgust for what Emma was doing in this story

And back to their last interaction in this book, Jean swore to protect her when Magneto was on his rampage and she showed concern for Emma's future when she and the X-men were about to leave her. None of this sounds like the attitude of someone that has had a falling out
    she called Emma victoria secret, that isn't friendship.

in blue they weren't friends to, Jean was only being reasonable
    Being reasonable is not equal being friends.

I doubt that she would eb friends with the woman that tried to rape Scott.

So Emma and Logan are rapists because you don’t like them coming between Jott. Aw, your head canon is cute in its twisted simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    she called Emma victoria secret, that isn't friendship.

in blue they weren't friends to, Jean was only being reasonable
    Being reasonable is not equal being friends.

I doubt that she would eb friends with the woman that tried to rape Scott.
    Look at her facial expressions and the context. She wasnt angry and bitter bc she was now on the Emma hate train. She was clearly joking and trying to cheer Scott up.

She didnt need to be kind with Emma to reason with her, especially since she had already defeated her. Jean was showing compassion bc as an empath, she felt her pain and understood

You can continue to ignore whats in the scans or what was written today but it makes you look like in major denial. Its hard to have an actual discussion with someone that cant even admit what is in front of their face

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That is such a hazy statement. You know what, Jean should become a serial killer. That would be something new

Goddess no!...then you'll have certain readers completely losing their already tenuous sanity.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Goddess no!...then you'll have certain readers completely losing their already tenuous sanity.
    Exactly, you don't want certain readers believing their own BS. It is superfluous and breaks an already fragile mind.

As far as Jean goes in this issue she was smart, confident, capable, and making her own choices. That is all we can really ask for in our favorite-to-read-about-characters. I have zero complains about the issue. I'm not a shipper and the romance aspect of X-men doesn't appeal to me too much though I expect a level of it because it is a soap opera. But these days "ships" do not mean a lot because the characters are more open to possibilities and open to various partners. This way shipper folks win because each "ship" is valid and yet some still find fault (because of the idea of one true love or whatever). Oh well, you can't please everybody.

Aside from Jean being written well and the romance stuff it was another great issue in a series of good X-force issues by Percy. This book is so enjoyable to me. There is a lot of good to appreciate in today's issue. I can't wait to see what happens next for Beast, what Percy has in store for Colossus and Domino, and if Jean is truly out of X-force.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 07-08-2020 at 01:45 PM.

That's a leap, mate.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    That's a leap, mate.
    I know, I was trying to be sarcastic, but the point still stands. At least to me.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean showed sexual agency. She made the moves, not Logan, so I don't really get what people have a problem with.
    A woman that has sex with more than one man is automatically a whore, didn't you hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean showed sexual agency. She made the moves, not Logan, so I don't really get what people have a problem with.
    Bingo!

When the idea of multiple partners for Jean/Scott came about I was worried about straigh male wish fulfillment/fantasy especially the idea of Wolverine and Scott "sharing" Jean. But you are correct that Jean had agency. She made her own choices throughout the issue. I think people get caught up in Scott/Jean and forget that so much has happened with this relationship. Scott is clearly still involved with Emma. Jean is clearly involved with Logan. We do not know how involved Scott and Jean are.

They are likely all involved with each other but it doesn't mean a standard romantic relationship. They choose each other when they want or need each other. On twitter or somewhere I read how Wolverine was abusive towards Jean but he only killed her in New X-men as a mercy kill. He killed her in Endsong because it was her idea.

Scott and Jean have used their powers on each other in X-factor. I think Jean tk'd him into a helicopter once (someone can correct me if I'm wrong but they got into it in early X-factor). No relationship is perfect and those of us who have been in long term relationships realize this. These "happy perfectly healthy" relationships are more fantasy than reality imo.

I'm surprised at certain views shown in this thread. Some people seem to be upset at Jean trying new things sexually etc. In regards to it being OOC, I don't know if I agree. I personally know a few people who have begun open relationships after a while of being in traditional relationships (especially ones that have ended badly). And, I mean, Jean was dead for a while after her husband cheated on her with a team mate, I think it's safe to say that may change Jean's view on things. Although I personally would prefer she didn't stay with Scott, that is something that can be explored down the road. I also think that we have to make concessions regarding characters' personalities in this new era - there seemed to be a few months of a gap between Rosenberg's run and HoXPoX, so unfortunately we missed certain character beats/build ups (I'm okay with that because we've dove head first into a fascinating new era of X-Men comics).

I personally don't find it too weird that Jean would go polyamorous, simply because I know similar people who have made the same choice quite quickly, but also because the Krakoa era is pretty much being painted as "Summer of 69" (hehe) for mutants. Peace and Love, new beginnings, a new slate. Also, just because we've only SEEN Jean with Scott and Logan, it doesn't mean they're the only two she's with - hopefully she'll have her own ongoing comic at some point and everything can be explored! Just be patient and roll with it.