Page 383 of 432 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    It is exactly the same for me. It is just really frustrating to see the well-done craftsmanship and grandeur of Hickman's writing but at the same time we have to realize how deeply heterosexism is engrained in it as well. Sometimes I cannot even articulate my response/resentment. It is something you just affectively know deep down reading the work of a particular author! In the end, comicbooks remain a heterosexist medium. Unfortunately, I think it is a sad truth that queers and cishet women are not the targeted audience for those writers.
    Almost all comic authors are men and still… there are strong women depicted in the comics. This thing has changed a lot along the years.

For me, Hickman’s writing is reactionary.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Storm - x men red costume
    Cyke - recent costume
    Emma - Several
    Wolverine - same
    Magneto - depends on the occasion

It seems that only Jean has regressed

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Nightcrawler, Mystique, Havok, Colossus are also wearing their "classic" costumes.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Hickman has done amazing work with Saturnyne. His Emma Frost is one of Krakoa’s major leaders and their supplier of drugs to the world. He’s done an amazing job making Kwannon into the new Psylocke. Betsy is now Captain Britain. Storm and Magik mkw have important parts in X of Swords. Look at Isca the Unbeaten, or how powerful Genesis aka Annihilation.

He can right powerful female characters. He specifically sidelined Jean has just another.

Genesis, is a warrior woman despite having children.

With that says definitely Disney needs to confine to diversify the people who write, draw, and edit the books. If you had greater diversity within the corporate culture the writers would be explored to different viewpoints. Like that it’s painful to see Jean Grey, who was such a powerful woman reduced to breastfeeding Cable. Why sue they bother to resurrect her? We could have just kept Jeen and the o5 who I liked much better.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

HiX-Man is not Jean's sole writer. Nor is he her definitive writer.
    And Benjamin Percy would beg to differ.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Saturnyne as Omniversal Majestrix has destroyed dimensions to protect the Integrity of the Omniverse. No mutant telepath is doing anything against all that. Jean would heed to be Phoenix to get anywhere with that. This current Marvel Girl got killed by lame sentinels at the beginning of Hickman’s run. No way can she deal with a being like Saturnyne.
    Even a Phoenix powered Jean has been killed off, so that means nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Even a Phoenix powered Jean has been killed off, so that means nothing.
    Except outside a couple of minor power stunts in X-Force Jean has done absolutely nothing.

It’s sad.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Except outside a couple of minor power stunts in X-Force Jean has done absolutely nothing.

It’s sad.
    the stuff she did in X-Force weren't minor nor was her maintaining a telepathic link from across the galaxy in HOX. Not to mention her display in the Giant Size issue and Cable's first XOS chapter were all shades of awesome. but yeah, lets continue to disregard all of that

BANNED

the stuff she did in X-Force weren't minor nor was her maintaining a telepathic link from across the galaxy in HOX. Not to mention her display in the Giant Size issue and Cable's first XOS chapter were all shades of awesome. but yeah, lets continue to disregard all of that
    That shows that Jean fans are desperate for crumbs. Her role in Swords of X is basically to breastfeed Cable. While Magik, a cool character can appear in Avengers and throughout Marvel it is clear few writers want to even touch this Jean Grey.

The fact she is left out of a significant role in X of Ssirds and has not defeated any major enemy lately tells a lot right there.

Yeah, Jean in the current era.....terrible

I think Jean has been handled very well in X-force by Percy and she has been used well by Hickman in the main X-men book (and in the Giant sized issue). It is true that Hickman hasn't done a lot with her but he used her well in the issues involving the brood. Other than the Giant Sized issue Hickman hasn't used Jean as a main character, but there is plenty of time for that so maybe we'll see a Jean focused issue sometime later.

Jean's story right now heavily involves her family (her relationships to Scott and Logan and her parental relationship to Cable and Rachel). But she also has her story in X-force about her conflicts with being in a rough team that has to be make tough choices (yes she quit but she's on two upcoming X-force covers so it looks like she sticks around).

I look forward to the conclusion of X of Swords tomorrow. I expect we'll get some good Scott and Jean content (but with this story I hate to assume... it has been a wild ride so far).

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

White Phoenix of the crown should comeback and make the entire xmen and marvel universe of herself
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think Jean has been handled very well in X-force by Percy and she has been used well by Hickman in the main X-men book (and in the Giant sized issue). It is true that Hickman hasn't done a lot with her but he used her well in the issues involving the brood. Other than the Giant Sized issue Hickman hasn't used Jean as a main character, but there is plenty of time for that so maybe we'll see a Jean focused issue sometime later.

Jean's story right now heavily involves her family (her relationships to Scott and Logan and her parental relationship to Cable and Rachel). But she also has her story in X-force about her conflicts with being in a rough team that has to be make tough choices (yes she quit but she's on two upcoming X-force covers so it looks like she sticks around).

I look forward to the conclusion of X of Swords tomorrow. I expect we'll get some good Scott and Jean content (but with this story I hate to assume... it has been a wild ride so far).
    wow it ends tomorrow? Wow, it feels like nothing of consequence has been happening. This long drawn out event has been a flop

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I agree, but it wasn’t across the galaxy, it was only one AU! Terra to Sol is hardly a hair’s breadth in cosmic terms.
    Edit to add, six light minutes is no mean feat and I doubt many other Marvel telepaths could have done it, but ‘inside the solar system’ is not ‘across the galaxy’.
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 11-24-2020 at 12:15 PM.

wow it ends tomorrow? Wow, it feels like nothing of consequence has been happening. This long drawn out event has been a flop
    Yep, tomorrow should be the last three issues of the crossover: X-men, Excalibur, and XoS Destruction. We only got one preview for this week (X-men) probably due to potential spoilers.

X of Swords has been fun for me. It has had some quirky stuff for sure but I've mostly enjoyed It (especially Creation and Stasis). I am eager to have it done so we can get back to regular stories on the books especially X-force.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 11-24-2020 at 12:28 PM.