Page 316 of 432 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It didnt though. The cocoon didnt say that it possessed Jean. It cloned her and took over her life. It bonding with Rachel did more to establish that it can be passed onto others which has been diluted into the mess that we have today
    I mean, either way the Phoenix is possessing a body. I know that they didn't frame it like that most of the time, but she created a Jean clone to use as a host because the original one was, well, essentially a rotting corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I sincerely want the Avengers to ask the X-Men for help and they don't pick up the phone. "Didn't you want it to be your problem? Well, now it's your problem."
    hahahaha! that will be hilarious

something like . Didnt you all are experts on the phoenix force? good fortune guys! xoxo krakoa.

I Hope

The Krakoan Phoenix holders gets the force back after this Avengers incident.

Rachel can be the Nu Phoenix. she was far more skilled in the 80's than her alternate dead mom

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I have 2 reasons to loathe the cocoon retcon :
    - it took away from Jean her greatest story.
    - it created the Phoenix Force as an entity that can possess anyone for no reason.

The Phoenix was supposed to be Jean's ultimate potential. Not a power display than anyone can borrow.

I hate, hate, hate it.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I love love love Tom Taylor’s Jean. Back when he was writing her, it was so natural for us all to see Jean as powerful, intelligent and confident that a ”good showing for Jean” wasn’t when Jean comes off as somewhat independent. We are so happy when she doesn’t start to cry and beg for help that we accept anything better than that as decent portrayals of her.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    The thing is that if he could write well the Force I would understand it but his run on Avengers is really poor.

Also look at this summary.

The announcement seems to also include more details of the plot of 'Enter the Phoenix,' stating "Captain America, Black Panther, and She-Hulk are no longer the heroes you knew as they bond with the Phoenix Force to spread rebirth—or destruction—throughout the Marvel Universe."

"In the end, only one will be chosen to wield this terrifying and great power when the Phoenix Force chooses a new host."

Doesn't this makes AvX even more ridiculous? With the Phoenix 5 that the Avengers blamed? Really hope that Jean appears and forcibly takes out the Force. She can do it. So the X-Men appear as the heroes this time.
    They were antagonist the first time but not villains, the creation of the five was tony's fault, fantastic said it, cyclops said it, stark admitted and the five obviously were not prepared to handle the phoenix.

In the aftermath they were blamed but from the readers perspective they didnt appear as assblasted villains.

They could actually use this story to reinforce that not everyone can be a phoenix host.

Of course we are talking about Aaron, maybe Hawkeye ends as the chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    Double quote for truth. Talk about a once cool concept that has totally, completely, and utterly been watered down and ruined over the decades. So unnecessarily convoluted now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Double quote for truth. Talk about a once cool concept that has totally, completely, and utterly been watered down and ruined over the decades. So unnecessarily convoluted now.
    Can I quote the quote ? lol
    Yeah, Jean being Phoenix was all hers. It was unique, and now they give it away like candies for Halloween. Look at those images of variant covers of Avengers having the Phoenix... It feels so wrong.
    And does Aaron really think that the Phoenix Force its own is that interesting? The Phoenix was fascinating because of the Dark Phoenix Saga with Jean. Without Jean, it's just an evil fire chicken. All the emotions, all the strength of the Phoenix Saga was because of Jean's tragedy. The bird on its own is merely a plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Can I quote the quote ? lol
    Yeah, Jean being Phoenix was all hers. It was unique, and now they give it away like candies for Halloween. Look at those images of variant covers of Avengers having the Phoenix... It feels so wrong.
    And does Aaron really think that the Phoenix Force its own is that interesting? The Phoenix was fascinating because of the Dark Phoenix Saga with Jean. Without Jean, it's just an evil fire chicken. All the emotions, all the strength of the Phoenix Saga was because of Jean's tragedy. The bird on its own is merely a plot device.
    I can’t quite separate in my mind Jean and the Phoenix: I hardly read any stories when the two were set apart.
    And still, the Phoenix without Jean is interesting… What is the Phoenix but a cosmic force that has humanized itself through its encounters with mostly mutant humans? In a way, the Phoenix will always have a link with Jean as she is the human that shaped her the most into this humane form: it’s a cosmic doppelganger.

With Rachel, the Phoenix has acted more as a protector, giving her its strength while it has remained in the shadows.

Anyway the Phoenix is as interesting as the author wants it to be.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Rare...Jean's on another XOS cover! Looks like Logan is coming for the original X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I can’t quite separate in my mind Jean and the Phoenix: I hardly read any stories when the two were set apart.
    And still, the Phoenix without Jean is interesting… What is the Phoenix but a cosmic force that has humanized itself through its encounters with mostly mutant humans? In a way, the Phoenix will always have a link with Jean as she is the human that shaped her the most into this humane form: it’s a cosmic doppelganger.

With Rachel, the Phoenix has acted more as a protector, giving her its strength while it has remained in the shadows.

Quoted for truth.

Anyway, let us be positive and Hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I'd the concept of the phoenix force to only get involved with the Greys, or mutant omegas. Now everyone can ...
    The first Phoenix host was not a Grey but a mage, Feron. Apparently, it requires, at least, a psychic connection…

The Phoenix met Jean in a particular situation, she was in a critical situation, it makes more sense to me that the Phoenix bonded with Jean Grey because of the strength of her emotions… it had a lasting effect on the cosmic force.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Actually I was talking about the non Jean Grey Phoenix stories. Without Jean, the Phoenix is not that interesting imo, because it doesn't carry the emotional baggage.
    I love the Phoenix imagery, effect, power display, suit and name. If not, I would use my avatar lol

double post
    Last edited by Wiccan; 08-14-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rare...Jean's on another XOS cover! Looks like Logan is coming for the original X-men

He's gonna shove his sword in all of them!