Page 180 of 432 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    So, as someone who misses teen Jean, I thought one way for adult Jean to embrace the legacy of Jeen is to adopt one of her costumes and wear a recolored version of it. Of course the hair would be longer without bangs. Which one do you prefer?
    1. Is too Rogue to me
    2. Most people prefer Jean in green and gold but unless it’s the Phoenix costume I think this color combination is some what boring just because she’s a red head
    3. My personal favorite in X-men Red colors. It was a new direction for adult Jean away from the Phoenix. She looks like a hero IMO.
    4. Jim Lee color scheme.
    2 is similar to what I did last year and what I would want

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    2 is similar to what I did last year and what I would want

This would be so powerful. Such a great design for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    Does anyone remember what issue number it was in Ultimate X-Men where someone (I think Xavier) refers to Jean as Marvel Girl and she says something like "I outgrew that handle 2 bra sizes ago"? I literally think of that line anytime this discussion is going on.

There's also a moment in the Cry Wolf arc where Jean and Xavier go into the astral plane and suddenly she's in her Marvel Girl outfit and asks Xavier why she's wearing her 3rd grade Halloween costume.

It's so unreal that we have Jean back to using those in 2020 in a completely unironic way that isn't explained at all.
    "Try harder Marvel Girl"
    Jean, who was never afraid by death, crying like a baby and not even try (harder) to fight back
    Jean, talking about borrowing shoes with Emma
    Jean, calling herself Marvel GIRL...
    Jean, a grown adult woman, wearing the suit she wore when she was 16. A suit that teen Jean would not even touch when she was time displaced.

Is it Jonathan Hickman's vision of female empowerment in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    "Try harder Marvel Girl"
    Jean, who was never afraid by death, crying like a baby and not even try (harder) to fight back
    Jean, a grown adult woman, wearing the suit she wore when she was 16. A suit that teen Jean would not even touch when she was time displaced.

Throwback to when people thought that HoX would include time travel elements because Jean was wearing this outdated costume. If this doesn't lead to some twist that Jean has been backed up to an earlier version of herself with less trauma (which is seeming less and less likely) then I'm gonna be irked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Throwback to when people thought that HoX would include time travel elements because Jean was wearing this outdated costume. If this doesn't lead to some twist that Jean has been backed up to an earlier version of herself with less trauma (which is seeming less and less likely) then I'm gonna be irked.
    And Jonathan's ego seemed to be hurt, because we, fans, didn't get why she was back to her old suit. Then, he didn't explain why, and now he loves to troll Jean fans on his twitter. What can I say?
    Try harder Hickman...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    She hasnt been restored to herself from the 60s. She is wearing that dress bc she wants to. The former doesnt even make sense especially since she's referenced stuff since then like Inferno in the Giant Size issue. The relationship she has with Cable and Rachel is based on where she was at prior to HoX long after she had gotten used to them. She and Emma have shown a little snark and thats bc of their shared history. Besides Jean Grey is not a person thats plagued by trauma. Any trauma she's faced has only made her stronger and taking that away, effectively weakens her as a character. She wasnt broken or mentally unstable to the point that she couldnt be resurrected with her memories intact. Ive seen people have that theory for Vulcan but it doesnt work for Jean
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-09-2020 at 11:20 AM.

BANNED

"Try harder Marvel Girl"

I don't think people that are big into the "classic" view of Jean as just the leader's girlfriend are down with female empowerment.

This is a very, back-to-basics, SCOTT!, fainting version of the character. Jean being kinda badass was probably the only thing Hickman didn't like about the Morrison run.

She hasnt been restored to herself from the 60s. She is wearing that dress bc Hickman wants to. The former doesnt even make sense especially since she's referenced stuff since then like Inferno in the Giant Size issue. The relationship she has with Cable and Rachel is based on where she was at prior to HoX long after she had gotten used to them. She and Emma have shown a little snark and thats bc of their shared history. Besides Jean Grey is not a person thats plagued by trauma. Any trauma she's faced has only made her stronger and taking that away, effectively weakens her as a character. She wasnt broken or mentally unstable to the point that she couldnt be resurrected with her memories intact. Ive seen people have that theory for Vulcan but it doesnt work for Jean
    I corrected it for you.
    I agree with most of the rest of your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't think people that are big into the "classic" view of Jean as just the leader's girlfriend are down with female empowerment.

This is a very, back-to-basics, SCOTT!, fainting version of the character. Jean being kinda badass was probably the only thing Hickman didn't like about the Morrison run.
    I love testosterone comics. I mean, Logan being an Alpha male, Scott being a leader (of a team or of a revolution). But I hate it when the price for that is to reduce female to the supporting character/love interest/girlfrien status. Yes, Morrison was able to do both. And thats one of the many reasons why I deeply love his run.
    Last edited by franckd; 06-09-2020 at 01:00 PM.

I've come to like the X-men Red costume but I prefer it as it appeared in Giant Size X-men (in green and yellow with smaller shoulder pads). The blue and red just didn't work for me. I also didn't like the colors of the "last or final" phoenix look in Phoenix Resurrection.

I do think most of us have been conditioned to view Jean in blue (see 90's costume). She does look good in blue/yellow, red/yellow, and green/yellow imo.

I love testosterone comics. I mean, Logan being an Alpha male, Scott being a leader (of a team or of a revolution). But I hate it when the price for that is to reduce female to the supporting character/love interest/girlfrien status. Yes, Morrison was able to do both. And thats one of the many reasons why I deeply love his run.
    He actually wasnt. Jean stepping out as a leader and power player in her own right came at the cost of her relationship with Scott. Morrison barely had them interact over the course of that run. They were legally married but Jean wasnt Scott's love interest in that run. The romance was lacking

With that said, I also wouldnt claim that Hickman has reduced Jean to being a love interest bc he's done even less with their relationship than Morrison did

He actually wasnt. Jean stepping out as a leader and power player in her own right came at the cost of her relationship with Scott. Morrison barely had them interact over the course of that run. They were legally married but Jean wasnt Scott's love interest in that run. The romance was lacking

With that said, I also wouldnt claim that Hickman has reduced Jean to being a love interest bc he's done even less with their relationship than Morrison did
    Actually, I should have written "supporting character, OR love interest, OR girlfriend". Instead of "supporting character/love interest/girlfriend".

Morrison didn't write Jean as a love interest or girlfriend. But he didn't write her as a supporting character either. That was my point. Some writers don't know how to write females beside being either one of those.

Recalling this boss moment in Jean’s first (?) run at leading an X-Team...

BANNED

I don't think we can expect for her to not be a support character if that's all a writer has for her, but it's fair to ask that she not just suck when she appears lol.

I will give him props for not clowning her in the Giant-Size issue because I was so sure that's how things were gonna go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    So, as someone who misses teen Jean, I thought one way for adult Jean to embrace the legacy of Jeen is to adopt one of her costumes and wear a recolored version of it. Of course the hair would be longer without bangs. Which one do you prefer?
    1. Is too Rogue to me
    2. Most people prefer Jean in green and gold but unless it’s the Phoenix costume I think this color combination is some what boring just because she’s a red head
    3. My personal favorite in X-men Red colors. It was a new direction for adult Jean away from the Phoenix. She looks like a hero IMO.
    4. Jim Lee color scheme.
    I like the blue and red combo myself. I wasn't a fan of her X-Men red look at first at all but it's grown on me and I hated the green/yellow version in Giant-Size X-Men. Green and gold/yellow are her primary colors but they look good on her only in her Phoenix or Marvel Girl outfits. Yellow/blue is okay but a bit too generic for the X-Men. I still want to see Jean wear her White Phoenix of the Crown costume one day.

"Try harder Marvel Girl"

Jean conquered her fear of death way back in the Phoenix Saga when the M'Kraan Crystal makes every X-Man face their worst fear and Jean realizes she's already faced death and conquered it in UXM 100/101. Hickman really has no idea what to do with the character. I used to like him as a writer but I despise his X-Men and it's clear that he prefers the fake blonde over Jean since he's said that in the past.