Page 45 of 432 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This looks more like Rachel
    Yeah. Bad fashion taste is either Rachel or Maddie.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. Bad fashion taste is either Rachel or Maddie.
    I was talking about hair, apinting with nice clothes is not a good idea

You know what has always bothered me about the X-men Red costume? The “X” on the naval motif and the lack of design on her chest. It’s too plain. It needs something within the chest area. I’m glad Dauterman shrunk the shoulder pads. The art is amazing big and the faces are gorgeous.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I was talking about hair, apinting with nice clothes is not a good idea
    It's Ultimate Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    You know what has always bothered me about the X-men Red costume? The “X” on the naval motif and the lack of design on her chest. It’s too plain. It needs something within the chest area. I’m glad Dauterman shrunk the shoulder pads. The art is amazing big and the faces are gorgeous.
    i like the art pieces that give it a little bit of detailing instead of just leaving it plain.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

This looks more like Rachel
    Reminds me of Ultimate Jean.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    It feels surreal to imagine her before the Phoenix saga.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    It feels surreal to imagine her before the Phoenix saga.
    Yeah, I Love the Phoenix Saga!

I wish there were more Jean Phoenix stories before the Dark Phoenix Saga. Like more forgotten stories.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I Love the Phoenix Saga!

I wish there were more Jean Phoenix stories before the Dark Phoenix Saga. Like more forgotten stories.....
    Those were good days for Jean, the original Phoenix years (before the retcon and all of its eventual complexities). I hate that fans and writers try to reduce Jean to Dark Phoenix and forget the hero she became as the Phoenix. At least Bunn did recognize this in the Generations Jean Grey and Phoenix one-shot. Too many times writers want to go back to Dark Phoenix but DPS was just a hand full of issues. Jean was good a lot longer than she was bad.

For me the Phoenix years and later the Morrison years are Jean Grey's very best. However, I also love the X-factor years and I have a high appreciation for the X-Men Red story. I keep finding myself going back to it recently. Jean is a good character whether she is Phoenix or not. I do wish some fans would see that being Phoenix didn't take anything away from Jean. It just added to her in the same way Archangel did for Angel or the Kwannon body did for Betsy, etc. I don't see it as taking anything away but of course the paradigm has shifted and I think most fans and creators like a Phoenix sans Jean (which we've had before during X-factor and through the 90's X-Men so not quite new).

At any rate, I'm excited for Wolverine tomorrow. Hopefully Jean gets some good moments with Logan and the rest of X-force.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sadly at this point the phoenix is reduced to a power up that makes his host bad.
    Jean being Phoenix could work but it needs a big canvas, something epic and the X-men stuff is most of the time to bounded to earth for a cosmic force. Maybe the bigger Marvel universe would be a better place for that.

I think Jean as Phoenix could work on Earth in stories---but that would take writers with some imagination. And we cannot have that!

I have always wanted Jean as Phoenix to have cosmic stories as well, exploring the cosmos and helping those in need with all of the power at Jean's disposal. It just seems like common sense.

So thoughts on Wolverine 1 today? Jean had a decent role imo. I loved her interactions with Logan. Otherwise she did the exposition thing telepaths are known for. I love the X-force team. Jean once again is shown with the action squad.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So thoughts on Wolverine 1 today? Jean had a decent role imo. I loved her interactions with Logan. Otherwise she did the exposition thing telepaths are known for. I love the X-force team. Jean once again is shown with the action squad.
    I thought she was solid. A good supporting character in a book that builds on the roles she established in other books. I feel like some are reading too much into their interactions. She carried herself primarily as his close friend, which she has always been, even outside the old love triangle plots. I think that shows one of Jean's greatest strengths. She can be friends with pretty much anyone, including someone like Logan. That's what makes her so lovable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The art was fantastic and Im glad Kubert is back. Its like a double dose of X-Force which is already the best book

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    very nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."