Page 314 of 432 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Marvel editorial constantly letting Aaron do pointless dumb **** with the Phoenix for no reason is in the top 3 things that make my blood boil about this whole company lol.
    The Dark Phoenix saga had such a huge impact on people & fans, that some writers feel the need to write their own Phoenix story. But they tend to ignore the core element of it, the reason why the story was so great. Its emotional tie : Jean. Without her, the cosmic entity is just a plot device, a fire chicken in space. Jean is the one.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Apparently Jason Aaron is doing a Phoenix storyline. Y’all think Jean will show up?
    Which will make us fans more mad...

This is very true. I figured this might be different since it’s apparently the main focus and a lot of those other stories took place when Marvel was actively ignoring the X-Men.
    Let's hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Marvel editorial constantly letting Aaron do pointless dumb **** with the Phoenix for no reason is in the top 3 things that make my blood boil about this whole company lol.
    Agreed. He doesn't understand it at all unlike other writers...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I cringed when I saw that announcement. I wish he would just leave it alone.
    I wish he would leave it alone with Jean...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    I feel that with the X-Men's new status quo under Hickman & Jean rejecting it(again) they need it to pop up for some big event that's not X related. Considering how "well" it was handled the last time in showed up in an Avengers related book I'm expecting it to be crap. While I was mixed on Resurrection on my first read through, revisiting it has been nice & I liked the quieter ending of Jean & it amicably parting ways.

If Marvel had a good idea they'd leave the force alone for a long time. While I hate that it at times seems to bog Jean down or lead to her death I hate to see it in non X-books or used by anyone except her. Maybe Rachel, if I'm feeling generous.
    Hickman's endgame includes Phoenix and Galactus vs the Dominions. So I believe Phoenix Jean and Franklin will have a huge job to do.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Apparently Jason Aaron is doing a Phoenix storyline. Y’all think Jean will show up?

here is a thing lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

UGH! They even stole the Phoenix logo that was created and used for Jean's Resurrection mini

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

here is a thing lol
    Not only is it crappy that Aaron is messing with the Phoenix it is also a goddamn travesty of justice that Ed McGuinness is still on this book. His style is just too cartoon-ish for me. Takes a lot of the gravity out of the stories.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

here is a thing lol
    The avengers really don't have that many decent villans do they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    UGH! They even stole the Phoenix logo that was created and used for Jean's Resurrection mini
    They always steal Jean's things. First they stole her most iconic story (TDPS), claiming it was never her. Then they took her husband from her, then they took her life for 14 years, and when she came back, they took again her link with the Phoenix. Again.

I haven't trusted Aaron with the Phoenix since he pulled that Old Man Logan Samuri Phoenix stunt at the end of his Thor run. At least the most current host will be Namor, so once this arc wraps up hopefully the X-Office will get both back and Hickman can fix the Phoenix mess Marvel made.

This article does a good job of summarizing Aaron's use of the Phoenix since AvX.

https://www.cbr.com/namor-phoenix-force-avengers/

Amazing Member

As if.

I have been a regular poster on other Jean Grey forums for years but only lurk around in this one. I loved Jean (including through the 13 years of her official demise) and was deeply gratified when she was featured in several series in the past couple of years. Now she shows up in her miniskirt and dishpan latex disposable kitchen gloves in a few panels in background scenes.

Phoenix was supposed to be Jean's ultimate expression as a psychic power. Now the Phoenix is just considered to be a contagious psychic disease infected by Class C or lesser tier characters.

Meh. Blech. Yeeeeeeechhh.
    Last edited by 3aMeHa; 08-12-2020 at 04:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jason Aaron has been doing Phoenix storylines for years. Jean hasnt been core to any of them and I dont expect that to change
    Aaron doesn’t like using female characters as Phoenix, either so no Jean.

I did like when he had the Shi’a gods summon the Phoenix. That was the first manifestation since no more Phoenix. I liked Odin’s conversation too. But yeah, Namor summoning it is ridiculous.

But Marvel maybe tying this together. We know the ultimate Phoenix is Jean Grey. The prime host and the one it really wants. I think the Phoenix is out of balance because it’s separate from Jean and it’s not supposed to be.

I think Jean’s in the Marvel Girl Mini because after the Avengers Phoenix storyline concludes Hivsm is preparing a Phoenix/Jean story.

Phoenix/Jean always deserved big presence in Marvel and by giving Phoenix a history with the Avengers and Asgardians we get that. I can see Marvel considering doing a new AvX when Jean
    Becomes Phoenix again, so this could serve as the basis of a Marvel movie.

here is a thing lol
    Poor Phoenix. give her a break already

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ethanrih View Post
    The only time we saw Jean in X-Books this week. She really isn’t in anything anymore. She better be getting her own storyline soon.

Attachment 99681

I know its going to sound like it and while I'm not blaming Hickman this is one of the reasons I was weary of how he initially used Jean. Because as the head of the X-men's narrative how he portrays characters set a tone, certainly not always followed. And I think whether Hickman was on the X-books or not, Phoenix would have been used by Aaron. But her presence even with the X-men has shrunken so much since returning and she's barely been back 3 years and she's already relegated to her 90's role as far as presence not importance.

Although, this all makes me wonder did Aaron intend to use Jean in Avengers initially hence all the name dropping at the start of his Avengers run? Which makes me then wonder if Hickman prevented him from using her?

Who knows maybe Hickman will do Galactus & Phoenix vs Dominions like he foreshadowed, though with how he's used her so far I genuinely would not be surprised if he chose Quentin or Rachel, or even all three.

BANNED

All I have to say about this is:
    Boooooo!

Yikes about the Phoenix Avengers story but we all knew it was coming. Hopefully it will not be too bad, but I expect it might be frustrating for a lot of us.

I enjoyed X-force today and Jean's cameo was a blink and you missed it. I certainly almost missed her in the background.

Marauders was good too (no Jean for those who haven't read it0. All in all a good day of new comics. Hopefully Jean returns in the next X-force issue.

I like Jean’s dissenting voice in this passage. It’s the strong voice of a leader among leaders...