Page 112 of 432 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 6479

Kwannon was not in love with Scott. It was Betsy that flirted with him, not Kwannon and the flirting had nothing to do with love. Kwannon herself, barely interacted with Scott as he was in Alaska when she was introduced and she slipped into the background until her death not long after he got back
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-31-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I want to reread some Ultimate X-men comics but I remember dropping them the moment Jean went emo and changed her looks/name. Is it worth to keep reading them for Jean after that?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I want to reread some Ultimate X-men comics but I remember dropping them the moment Jean went emo and changed her looks/name. Is it worth to keep reading them for Jean after that?
    Jean turning into Karen Grant was when the books started to get good again.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean turning into Karen Grant was when the books started to get good again.
    Good to hear then.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    An old one, but it's nice to see that Jean has many suits. What woman want to wear the same 60's suit again & again??
    I love seeing all of these side-by-side! Thanks for sharing.

I think this should inspire artists to create something new, original, yet appropriate without being overly bulky, ornate, colorful, etc. Something tasteful, original, unique and befitting of our gal, Jean Grey!

Kwannon was not in love with Scott. It was Betsy that flirted with him, not Kwannon and the flirting had nothing to do with love. Kwannon herself, barely interacted with Scott as he was in Alaska when she was introduced and she slipped into the background until her death not long after he got back
    Didn't they say that it was Kwannon's influence making Betsy act like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Didn't they say that it was Kwannon's influence making Betsy act like that?
    sure but it was still Betsy, not Kwannon, that had the flirtation

What I gathered from this is that Betsy most definitely was attracted to Scott but it was Kwannon's free nature that allowed her to be bold enough to act on it

On a side note, cool seeing Jean train Psylocke! Almost 25 years later, she would return the favor

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    My X-men Red cosplay is coming along nicely. Here’s a look at my breastplate.

Attachment 94988

I didn’t necessarily *love* the armor look for jean, but for a cosplay I think it’s making it a lot more fun.

That's awesome please continue to share your progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    On top of the Brood being in a different situation, you have to account that Hix Jean is from the animated series reality. She's not really decent at using her powers at all and lacks confidence.

The kind of shade I aspire to demonstrate. Well done!

Thats what the writing would leave us to believe but Teen Jean felt more powerful than current Jean

Embarrassingly so at this point, I'm still sore Jean couldn't shield ANYONE during the explosion at Orchis. Given one she's on multiple occassions survive explosions at ground zero and shielded a team of X-men from an island wide such attack. But mostly because Teen Jean shielded an entire team of X-men from the harsh reality of space all within moments if not less while filtering in oxygen molecules.

Jean needs to step her game up, the teenage version was many things restricted in power was not one of them and that was through multiple series.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm hesitant to give Dautermann most of the credit for Jean's cool showing in Giant Size and not Hickman. Hickman clearly likes Morrison's X-work and is building on a lot of it, and the original silent issue was great for Jean.

I think both writer and artist were on the same page on this one. I do wish her Jim Lee costume from that issue would make it over to the other books though vs. the Marvel Girl costume.
    I gotta disagree, Dauterman plainly states that this book, Jean inclusion, and her costume were all his ideas, while specifically mentioning the issue was pitched directly as a homage to NXM 121. He nor Hickman shy about this being Dauterman's baby, Jean's contributions being a direct result of him.

It we're being fair, Giant Size credit should go Morrison/Dauterman/Hickman due mostly to the issue being a page by page retelling, and Grant thought a bit more of how Jean affects the narrative than Hickman does.

what is that for? Jean is almost never on promotional material/covers for MU stuff so its refreshing seeing her there with the FF
    Same again Teen Jean was on everything!

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    An old one, but it's nice to see that Jean has many suits. What woman want to wear the same 60's suit again & again??

Beautiful!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzd...ature=emb_logo

A song in homage to Jean Grey, singer is a x-men fan.

Funny that there is a singer called Jean Grae

BANNED

It's kind of unfortunate that Jean has this reputation for being this dowdy schoolmarm because she was always intended to be fashion forward, it's just that most comic creators have no sense of style. She really needs to be in the hands of someone who can give her interesting new outfits to wear, not just costumes but also street clothes and cool mission specific gear.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we need a teen jean appreaciation thread, lol, right
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's kind of unfortunate that Jean has this reputation for being this dowdy schoolmarm because she was always intended to be fashion forward, it's just that most comic creators have no sense of style. She really needs to be in the hands of someone who can give her interesting new outfits to wear, not just costumes but also street clothes and cool mission specific gear.
    Asrar did a great job with this, in terms of Jean's clothes in X-Men Red, but I think the intention is to take Jean away from any kind of foward thinking, fashion or otherwise. Regression is the name of the game.

Asrar did a great job with this, in terms of Jean's clothes in X-Men Red, but I think the intention is to take Jean away from any kind of foward thinking, fashion or otherwise. Regression is the name of the game.
    Xmen Red #1 had so many classy outfits and looks, I fell in love.
    Xmen Red also had some nice looks, like the Phoenix t-shirt

BANNED

I agree. Jean's red and blue costume design has been preceded with quite a number of costumes starting with the 90s. I think that's one of the reasons I never had much affinity for Asrar's design.