Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
I'm not sure if he has said much about her. He did use White Phoenix (and nightcrawler) in a Wolverine story (this was before Avengers vs X-men) and in the recap of that book it said that the Phoenix was the symbol of Jean Grey. Jean spoke as if she was a ghost like Nightcrawler but Emma said she wasn't and was a figment of Wolverine's memory of Jean or some such thing. She was fiery and helped Wolverine burn away the demons in his mind (or something to that effect). I own the issue - Wolverine #8 (I'm not sure which volume). He handled Jean or whatever version she was really well. He seemed to understand her role as Phoenix (burning away what doesn't work and she was in the White costume garb). It is one of my fav issues.

He definitely likes to use the Phoenix and do all kinds of wild things with it. Those who like it free from Jean should love him. Those of us that like Jean has Phoenix may not enjoy it so much.
Seems very different from Aaron post AvX, where wolverine, thor get to be phoenix and he uses a lot without Jean
In the current Avengers run Jean got two mentions (once by Captain America when talking about needing a telepath and another time a narration box said Jean was hunched over in Atlantis having fiery visions (this was when she would have been in Atlantis during X-men Red). I felt then that Aaron may have had plans for Jean (or it was just misdirection) but plans probably changed.

I was hoping Jean was going to have some sort of connection to cave woman Phoenix (who has red eyes and green hair and telepathy) but that remains to be seen, and may be unlikely though we can always speculate. As much as I personally love Jean as Phoenix, I also love her as just Jean Grey an omega telepath. I wish we could have the best of both worlds like we did in the Morrison run (jean being a grown up omega mutant who sometimes channels the Phoenix). In Here Comes Tomorrow she plugged into the phoenix power through her crown chakra (so we I infer that she plugs into it because of her omega level telepathy).
I think Aaron had some plan for Jean, It's not normal Jean being name dropped on MU without mutants involvement and even before phoenix get involved on the story
But Hickman really made his plans change, as krakoa is position as Mutant supremacy so being on avengers is out of the cards.
Aaron talked that Hickman mutants may clash with marvel universe later, then maybe we will get Jean involvement with avengers and the phoenix