Page 342 of 432 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I agree..... terrible idea all around.

I mean, it raises so many questions: Why is the PF coming to the Earth? How do the Avengers know the PF is coming? Why is it going to them? How do the Avengers know they need to compete with each other with the winner getting the PF? And if the PF wants the strongest host, wouldn't that be She-Hulk on the current team? I am sure all of these questions will not be answered and it will just be some hap-hazard story leaving the reader to wonder.
    Weren’t they trying to get rid/prevent the PF in AvX. Been a long time since I read that storyline. I’ve forgotten most of it lol
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Weren’t they trying to get rid/prevent the PF in AvX. Been a long time since I read that storyline. I’ve forgotten most of it lol
    Yeah Iron Man created a weapon to destroy it and they only saw i as a force of destruction that would destroy the Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah Iron Man created a weapon to destroy it and they only saw i as a force of destruction that would destroy the Earth
    Exactly. It is because of that I would not expect the PF to come back to the Avengers. Unless, there is some cosmic threat that the PF sensed and needs a very powerful host to help defeat it?

I expect Jean to appear at least once in the phoenix flashback scenes.
    Considering Jason Aaron created cavewoman Phoenix, I don't even know if Jean will appear, he might just use the Phoenix from Bedrock to flashback to.

Either way it's a terrible idea and won't end well, stories like this never do.

I dont know how it could be done, but I really want a writer to retcon everything Aaron has done with the PF away. Just throw it away in the trash

Anyway, in actual Jean-related news, here she is on the cover of X-Force #15

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Based on that cover, and solicitation, it seems like it picks up where 12 left off. I wonder if we'll see Jean at all in 13 and 14.

Jean looks great on the X-force 15 cover.

BANNED

So glad she is still in X-Force. That book is good for her.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

As I posted in the X-Solicits thread, **** Aaron and Marvel for this Phoenix bullshit. It should not be used outside the X-line. This whole thing where NOW the Avengers are pro-Phoenix out of nowhere is beyond ridiculous. Nevermind the fact the clear co-opting of Jean-like hosts that no exist in the Avengers past and Iron Fist past to say that THEY were really the first points of important Phoenix history, not Jean. Humans didn't exist in the form they are depicting 1 million years ago (homo erectus and habilis were around), nevermind red hair which only evolved 200,000 years ago.

Either it's under Jean or Rachel's control or it should be locked away. /RANT

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Based on that cover, and solicitation, it seems like it picks up where 12 left off. I wonder if we'll see Jean at all in 13 and 14.
    Looks like 13 and 14 will be all about Logan and his Muramasa blade, which is sort of unfair since he has his own book for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Sooo, the Phoenix is going to hold a competition to find it's next host...like it's a game show or something now. Yuck.

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-fight-e...ce-human-host/
    Poor Phoenix Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Anyway, in actual Jean-related news, here she is on the cover of X-Force #15
    This cover is absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    As I posted in the X-Solicits thread, **** Aaron and Marvel for this Phoenix bullshit. It should not be used outside the X-line. This whole thing where NOW the Avengers are pro-Phoenix out of nowhere is beyond ridiculous. Nevermind the fact the clear co-opting of Jean-like hosts that no exist in the Avengers past and Iron Fist past to say that THEY were really the first points of important Phoenix history, not Jean. Humans didn't exist in the form they are depicting 1 million years ago (homo erectus and habilis were around), nevermind red hair which only evolved 200,000 years ago.

I absolutely agree. There's so much that's pants-shittingly dumb about what Aaron and Marvel are doing with the Avengers BC and the Phoenix.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Looks like 13 and 14 will be all about Logan and his Muramasa blade, which is sort of unfair since he has his own book for that.
    Yeah, that's disappointing. We might still see a small bit of Jean, but it doesn't look like it'll be anything major until 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

Absolutely agree. This is beyond ridiculous. The Avengers have enough of their own cannon to work with, why do they have to steal something that has been unique to the X-Men for decades? Just stupid, especially considering AvX was stupid enough. I won’t buy anything else Avengers related.