Page 123 of 432 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 6479
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    damn I didn't know people really rode for Jeen lol. I remember being fine with her she just felt more like a Bendis OC than Jean. Ive been wanting to check that era out again though maybe I'll feel different now
    Bunn did the best with Jeen IMO. While she was better than nothing, I was fine when she went away. Do miss the Pink form though. It was a unique visual, and could make Jean stand out from all the other psionic mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was made with unknown character in a comic that sells badly and is barely acknowledge in universe.
    The last issue of Mockingbird solo series suggested that it ended on a three way between clint, bobbi and nick. But it sold badly and nobody acknowledge it.
    Anyway both of these books were better written than Hickman
    That was my point. Simone writing a poly relationship like that one in a better known or selling Comic like her Batgirl run would be not really be an Option, because of certain restrictions in the USA. Hickmans implied stuff is as far as he can go in a Mainstream Comic.

Reminds me a Little of Writers not being able to outright say Things like Mystique and Destiny being a couple in the 80s and just showig it in a subtile way^^

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Bunn did the best with Jeen IMO. While she was better than nothing, I was fine when she went away. Do miss the Pink form though. It was a unique visual, and could make Jean stand out from all the other psionic mutants.
    I agree. Bunn did a great job with O5 Jean. He wrote her like a teenager. He didn't try to make her into someone she wasn't. With Bendis, it was often hit-or-miss. And with Lemire, she never got a chance to do much. But Bunn really made O5 Jean feel like she could grow into the Jean we all know and love.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I fell in love with Jean when I first read Uncanny X-Men 125. (Published in my country Sweden in 1985, originally in 1979.) She was such a complex character. Strong, vulnerable, funny, often caring, sometimes egoistical, and she had a fiery temper. Claremont developed her so much in the late 1970s, early 1980s. That is 40 years ago but she hasn’t really progressed since then. She has had some fine moments and I loved how Morrison wrote her, but there has been so many regressions to her character that every step forward is still several steps behind how Claremont wrote her when she was at her very best.

Wow Xmen 125 was my first comic i bought with Jean as Phoenix, i loved her from marvel Girl days but Phoenix was something else!

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    That was my point. Simone writing a poly relationship like that one in a better known or selling Comic like her Batgirl run would be not really be an Option, because of certain restrictions in the USA. Hickmans implied stuff is as far as he can go in a Mainstream Comic.

Reminds me a Little of Writers not being able to outright say Things like Mystique and Destiny being a couple in the 80s and just showig it in a subtile way^^
    Mystique and Destiny has a editor against it and the comics authority that didn't let gay characters exist on comics for decades.

Hickman is just making fun instead of telling good stories

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I miss the days when Teen Jean was the hit girl of Marvel but then left Adult Jean aside, i loved her in x-men red tho
    Me too! ugh apparently I cant just agree. I have to write one whole sentence to post.

You are right! Jean is GREAT. She WAS great with Cyclops but that magic is now gone. Percy has done good with Jean in X-Force but Hickman in the X-Men series has not. We see her engaged in a small catfight with Emma and/or assisting Scott. We see her playing house and mother hen. Hickman has done good with Emma though. She is no longer Scott's lackey like she was the past few years but her own person.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I agree. Bunn did a great job with O5 Jean. He wrote her like a teenager. He didn't try to make her into someone she wasn't. With Bendis, it was often hit-or-miss. And with Lemire, she never got a chance to do much. But Bunn really made O5 Jean feel like she could grow into the Jean we all know and love.
    I miss teen Jean. She had a spunk to her and she was the leader...

I wish we could see more of that.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Mystique and Destiny has a editor against it and the comics authority that didn't let gay characters exist on comics for decades.

Hickman is just making fun instead of telling good stories
    It was shown so bluntly that i still wonder how they got it past the Comic Code People. Mystique and Destiny coming out of the same room at night putting on bathrobes is so obivious that my 9 year old self said "Oh they are a couple". They existed but they could not outright say it because of the Comic Code and some editors.

And a poly relationship is today more or less in the same Situation, it seems.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 04-08-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    I would not be mad if they put Jean in this costume. Though the red is my favorite out of the x-factor looks.
    First X-Lady

I wonder what a present timeline 05 team-up would be like....when was the last time they were all explicitly in the same room?
    Jean Scott and Warren were in space together in HOX but Warren could've been any SOB lol..

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I wonder what a present timeline 05 team-up would be like....when was the last time they were all explicitly in the same room?
    Jean Scott and Warren were in space together in HOX but Warren could've been any SOB lol..

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Why is Hank drawn so small? Maybe it's the way he is drawn next to Cyke.

I actually love that look for Jean.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Unfortunately, when it's about Jean, Marvel is always 1 step ahead, 2 steps back.

My only confort is that CC, Morrison and Taylor really wrote her well.
    And I think Seagle & Kelly would have too, if they had been allowed...
    CC, Morrison and Taylor are my favorites as well.
    I did like what Seagle was doing. Loved what Jean said about the Phoenix. (Sort of the opposite to what she said in Resurrection.) Too bad the editors got cold feet.