Page 81 of 432 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Imo Jean should be free from romance plotlines for another year. It seems like she's in a love triangle/rectangle/etc WAAAAY too much
    She was dead for 14 years and came back without one. Even now she isnt really in a love triangle as its more fan speculation and chatter than anything. Romance has not been the focus of any of the writing for Jean in the current era
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-11-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jason Aaron has used the phoenix left and right but I wonder what does he think of Jean?
    Has he ever say anything about her?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-11-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Imo Jean should be free from romance plotlines for another year. It seems like she's in a love triangle/rectangle/etc WAAAAY too much
    YES!! Jean should evolve on her own and then get tied down. Personally I prefer Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Wait for the love heXagon
    It'll be 2021 X-event.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This one https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-now-just-exes

That is just Percy wanting to write her and Wolverine. even Logan had a moment with Domino and I don't see anyone thinking they are together

Hickman often doesn't write Scott and Jean as romantic, it is his choice
    Interesting article. I didnt know Angel and Psylocke were no longer together.

That Mystique issue of X-Men was the best. It blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Interesting article. I didnt know Angel and Psylocke were no longer together.

That Mystique issue of X-Men was the best. It blew my mind.
    Psylocke and Angel havent been together since he died way back in Remender's run

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was dead for 14 years and came back without one. Even know she isnt really in a love triangle as its more fan speculation and chatter than anything. Romance has not been the focus of any of the writing for Jean in the current era
    It has been a long time without romance for Jean, since she came back it was only a kiss. And jeen also didn't had a meaningful romance going on.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was dead for 14 years and came back without one. Even know she isnt really in a love triangle as its more fan speculation and chatter than anything. Romance has not been the focus of any of the writing for Jean in the current era
    True, which makes some of the complaints about empty to be honest.
    The whole topic is overrated and not that important.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-11-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jason Aaron has used the phoenix left and right but I wonder what does he think of Jean?
    Has he ever say anything about her?
    I'm not sure if he has said much about her. He did use White Phoenix (and nightcrawler) in a Wolverine story (this was before Avengers vs X-men) and in the recap of that book it said that the Phoenix was the symbol of Jean Grey. Jean spoke as if she was a ghost like Nightcrawler but Emma said she wasn't and was a figment of Wolverine's memory of Jean or some such thing. She was fiery and helped Wolverine burn away the demons in his mind (or something to that effect). I own the issue - Wolverine #8 (I'm not sure which volume). He handled Jean or whatever version she was really well. He seemed to understand her role as Phoenix (burning away what doesn't work and she was in the White costume garb). It is one of my fav issues.

He definitely likes to use the Phoenix and do all kinds of wild things with it. Those who like it free from Jean should love him. Those of us that like Jean has Phoenix may not enjoy it so much.

In the current Avengers run Jean got two mentions (once by Captain America when talking about needing a telepath and another time a narration box said Jean was hunched over in Atlantis having fiery visions (this was when she would have been in Atlantis during X-men Red). I felt then that Aaron may have had plans for Jean (or it was just misdirection) but plans probably changed.

I was hoping Jean was going to have some sort of connection to cave woman Phoenix (who has red eyes and green hair and telepathy) but that remains to be seen, and may be unlikely though we can always speculate. As much as I personally love Jean as Phoenix, I also love her as just Jean Grey an omega telepath. I wish we could have the best of both worlds like we did in the Morrison run (jean being a grown up omega mutant who sometimes channels the Phoenix). In Here Comes Tomorrow she plugged into the phoenix power through her crown chakra (so we I infer that she plugs into it because of her omega level telepathy).

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I always think it's sad when people care only about their fav, when X-Men was always about a team.
    I'm not judging those fans, but I think they're missing the biggest picture here.

For me, the stories are more important than an character spotlight or panel time. HoX/PoX was amazing, even if Jean was not a big part of it. Like many, many other X characters.

It seems now that many fans want things fast, now, and how they like. It's sad.
    I love House of X/Powers of X and occasionally re-read it. I love the world building in this new era. There is a lot of good things about this new era that I appreciate. It is easier to take when your fav isn't shown as much as you want when the books are actually good. I am loving most of the books in this new era. I think as a fan it is finding a balance between enjoying the work and wanting more screen time for whichever fav character one might have. I know some fans don't do "fav characters" but I've never been able not to do that. There is something about Jean, Scott (and Storm, Iceman etc) that just speaks to me (and especially for Jean).

Today's issue makes me feel a lot better about Hickman and his use of Jean. I definitely want to see more of her in his book and more showings for her in X-force. But I do enjoy X-force even the issues where Jean isn't present.

BANNED

Jean having romance isn't a problem. She hasn't had it recently anyhow. It was dead as a doornail for two decades and then "oop Cyclops likes you again so you have to go back with him". Nothing romantic involved. Kinda the opposite of romance, actually.

I'm happy there haven't been any secrets or thrown mattresses for a while. Everyone's good.

Question to those who haven't been a fan of Hickman's Jean but felt like she was written better in X-men 8: What changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I'm happy there haven't been any secrets or thrown mattresses for a while. Everyone's good.

Question to those who haven't been a fan of Hickman's Jean but felt like she was written better in X-men 8: What changed?
    For me I liked that in this issue she was useful, confident, and wasn't freaking out. Hickman also remembered she has telekinetic ability (I know she floated dishes but in House of X we didn't see any tk ability even when she was about to be killed by sentinels). It relieved the fear that Jean's freak out in the Orchis mission might be an on going characterization by Hickman. Many of us just wasn't sure how he viewed the character or how he would write her voice/personality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    All of this, I could see an argument, "Jean fans always want Jean in spotlight", if she wasn't dead for fourteen years. Even after returning she was only featured in one book, before eventually rolling out into other books and events. But she's never been given anything of substance to do, I could care less about Jean being a star. What I've always advocated for is her being present, in relation to characters and interactions that are her own. Storm is in the exact same boat, they are never given the same consistent attention as their peers, we can discuss POX/HOX being great while having problems with how some characters are portrayed.

This is the Jean Grey Appreciation Thread the one place that her fans can discuss her character, but that aside this has always been an issue with the character. Imagine the idea of Jean forming actual relationships with her children and friends being an issue whereas apparently other characters can have these relationships and form new ones every month.

Which bothers me so much about the assumption Jean fans only want her as the focus, literally the same handful of characters have been used on and off for over a decade. With a few of the younger generation, or new creation thrown in, everyone else are interchangeable in their interactions and contributions to stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm not sure if he has said much about her. He did use White Phoenix (and nightcrawler) in a Wolverine story (this was before Avengers vs X-men) and in the recap of that book it said that the Phoenix was the symbol of Jean Grey. Jean spoke as if she was a ghost like Nightcrawler but Emma said she wasn't and was a figment of Wolverine's memory of Jean or some such thing. She was fiery and helped Wolverine burn away the demons in his mind (or something to that effect). I own the issue - Wolverine #8 (I'm not sure which volume). He handled Jean or whatever version she was really well. He seemed to understand her role as Phoenix (burning away what doesn't work and she was in the White costume garb). It is one of my fav issues.

He definitely likes to use the Phoenix and do all kinds of wild things with it. Those who like it free from Jean should love him. Those of us that like Jean has Phoenix may not enjoy it so much.

In the current Avengers run Jean got two mentions (once by Captain America when talking about needing a telepath and another time a narration box said Jean was hunched over in Atlantis having fiery visions (this was when she would have been in Atlantis during X-men Red). I felt then that Aaron may have had plans for Jean (or it was just misdirection) but plans probably changed.

I was hoping Jean was going to have some sort of connection to cave woman Phoenix (who has red eyes and green hair and telepathy) but that remains to be seen, and may be unlikely though we can always speculate. As much as I personally love Jean as Phoenix, I also love her as just Jean Grey an omega telepath. I wish we could have the best of both worlds like we did in the Morrison run (jean being a grown up omega mutant who sometimes channels the Phoenix). In Here Comes Tomorrow she plugged into the phoenix power through her crown chakra (so we I infer that she plugs into it because of her omega level telepathy).
    Wolverine #8. A neat issue. I wish Aaron wasn't just as obsessed with stripping the Phoenix from Jean as every other basic writer, because he could probably do something epic with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

- The way she comes in is nice. With information and a plan. She kinda acts as the council representative and while Scott is the leader in battle, in a way he's also answering to her.

- She doesn't just do that and disappears though, she keeps talking to Scott during the battle, as well as shown fighting herself(unlike in HOX, she both communicates and uses her TK to fight the enemies at the same time).

- The fighting with the brood is not the main goal on the issue, sending the egg off-planet is, and she's the one who got the role of knowing that and telling everyone that.

I mean, it's nothing spectacular. Jean isn't the focus of the issue or anything, there's no standout moment. But the paneltime she gets is used well imo.