Page 420 of 432 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 6479
    BANNED

the way no one cares about his retcon about the sick celestial, the x-office won't care about his nonsense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Somebody send this to Aaron.

I’m tired of everything being copied or stolen from Jean Grey:
    Her look
    Her powers
    Her role
    Her legacy
    What if she is Jean Grey? I dont think she is a redhead with telepath by coincidence. The way she got her powers was very similar to Jean

MARVEL Monday Flashback to the early return years of X-Factor...
    Love how John Byrne depicts her telekinesis with subtlety and grace on the cover of OHTMU #8

and then interesting to see the re-design note from Jackson Guise transitioning the costume from the full cowl to the open hair mask back then...

Last edited by Thirteen; 12-14-2020 at 07:34 AM.

You know how Hickman said the X-men would change their costumes from time to time? Well now that Jean and Scott are forming their own team, I thought it would be cool if they wore their Xfactor costumes, particularly the Whilce Portació version. They can even be recolored if the artist wanted into more modern colors. Here’s a simple recolor I did just for fun. For Scott I kept his current color scheme and I put Jean in evolution colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    MARVEL Monday Flashback to the early return years of X-Factor...
    Love how John Byrne depicts her telekinesis with subtlety and grace on the cover of OHTMU #8

and then interesting to see the re-design note from Jackson Guise transitioning the costume from the full cowl to the open hair mask back then...

I love that cover with Jean effortlessly flying keeping up with Reed Richards' stretching.

Also love the inside pose----looks like Jean should have a TK Bubble around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    You know how Hickman said the X-men would change their costumes from time to time? Well now that Jean and Scott are forming their own team, I thought it would be cool if they wore their Xfactor costumes, particularly the Whilce Portació version. They can even be recolored if the artist wanted into more modern colors. Here’s a simple recolor I did just for fun. For Scott I kept his current color scheme and I put Jean in evolution colors.
    LOL...thats essentially his future Blue look

I would have preferred they had put Jean in one of her X-factor uniforms rather than the Marvel Girl look. The red version or the blue version would look fine in green and yellow.
    The New X-men costume would look great with a green shirt and a yellow X. She could keep the leather pants and the X jacket.

I wish they had uniforms in X-force. The mutant CIA needs a makeover bad. They let X-factor show then up in a major way. Sword too. X-force looks a bit of a mess compared to these other departments/agencies.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I would have preferred they had put Jean in one of her X-factor uniforms rather than the Marvel Girl look. The red version or the blue version would look fine in green and yellow.
    The New X-men costume would look great with a green shirt and a yellow X. She could keep the leather pants and the X jacket.

I wish they had uniforms in X-force. The mutant CIA needs a makeover bad. They let X-factor show then up in a major way. Sword too. X-force looks a bit of a mess compared to these other departments/agencies.
    It's so weird, how X-Force started off so strong with many on these boards praising it as the best of the current X-line, and I feel like within any other run it would continue to be. But with all the magnanimous ideas being thrown out or out of the box style writing writers like Wells and now Ewing have introduced. It has fallen to the wayside, my personal opinion the focus of the series has been off. I understand why he did it but two full issues for Domino is where the book started spiraling for me. The additional two issues for Wolverine didn't course correct imo, and now I feel like we have a book with a good writer. However how he's using his cast and fleshing out his stories don't feel as fresh or exciting as the first few issues of this run felt.

None of that was more true for me than in how Ewing assigned roles, and duties which made sense to his cast and 15 issues in and we don't still have a clear idea of how exactly X-Force works.

BANNED

Yeah, X-Force isn't the literal machine that S.W.O.R.D. is. I wont fully discount the book for not being that and I don't think every sanctioned team has to be organized in a similar way, but it definitely would have been cool.

The book did give us a neat bit of mutant technology in practice with Jean, BT, and Sage though.

And speaking from the side of me that cares about Jean in particular, it's been pretty good for me still on the whole, though I wish she got more time.

Looking forward to see if/how the book grows and changes over the next few issues.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yeah, X-Force isn't the literal machine that S.W.O.R.D. is. I wont fully discount the book for not being that and I don't think every sanctioned team has to be organized in a similar way, but it definitely would have been cool.

The book did give us a neat bit of mutant technology in practice with Jean, BT, and Sage though.

And speaking from the side of me that cares about Jean in particular, it's been pretty good for me still on the whole, though I wish she got more time.

Looking forward to see if/how the book grows and changes over the next few issues.
    Oh, I absolutely agree with many of your points, it's just a shame that much of its focus has kinda waned, and I'll admit Jean being on the team, then not being on the team hasn't exactly lit the world on fire for me. As it was and in many ways still is the only book she's consistently used in but with her placement still up in the air it really just makes me feel like at this point we could be a little further along in the narrative of X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

None of that was more true for me than in how Ewing assigned roles, and duties which made sense to his cast and 15 issues in and we don't still have a clear idea of how exactly X-Force works.
    I want to see more about how X-force works as well... how do they assign tasks? We know Beast leads the intelligence and Wolverine leads the wetworks team but what does Sage do daily? What exactly was Jean's role other than to do whatever Beast needed her to do?

I think there is a room to do a lot more in X-force. It is my favorite book (along with Hickman's but I love most of the titles), but I think it needs to take a turn. My guess about Jean is that she will continue to make appearances in X-force until they have her and Scott really re-form the X-men and they have a team. That or the new X-men team may have a rotating cast and Jean will appear in X-force when she's not used in X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Mutant CIA? Maybe these in B&W?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It's so weird, how X-Force started off so strong with many on these boards praising it as the best of the current X-line, and I feel like within any other run it would continue to be. But with all the magnanimous ideas being thrown out or out of the box style writing writers like Wells and now Ewing have introduced. It has fallen to the wayside, my personal opinion the focus of the series has been off. I understand why he did it but two full issues for Domino is where the book started spiraling for me. The additional two issues for Wolverine didn't course correct imo, and now I feel like we have a book with a good writer. However how he's using his cast and fleshing out his stories don't feel as fresh or exciting as the first few issues of this run felt.

For me the crossover took the momentum going on X-force, it had nothing to do with what was going on the XOS and having to stop its plot for 2 months for it is a bad idea

Ewing have a space discovery program, very much like a star-trek. The functions on X-force re already done: wolverine, quentin and domino on action operations. Beast, Jean and Sage on intelligency.
    Nothing really complicated

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    For me the crossover took the momentum going on X-force, it had nothing to do with what was going on the XOS and having to stop its plot for 2 months for it is a bad idea

Ewing have a space discovery program, very much like a star-trek. The functions on X-force re already done: wolverine, quentin and domino on action operations. Beast, Jean and Sage on intelligency.
    That was the case for every book but X-men and Excalibur, both of whom have been building plotlines that lead directly into XOS (I guess Hellions too since it wrapped up its arc just in time). Every other book had their plotlines derailed for it and it was quite jarring, especially as we are now starting to see them pick up

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post

I think it also has to do with the art. There are certain issue where the art looks extremely rushed and weird. Unfortunately, I forgot the name of the artists who is not Joshua Cassara. But he/she/they is not really good in X-Force.