Page 403 of 432 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 6479
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey Peanuts! Hope you are doing well.

This is great! I love the power they show of Jean's TK (especially since now she is not an Omega TKer). The bus was great, but all of those multiple cars! Terrific!

While the leaping and ground holes from landing remind me of the Hulk's leaping, it does remind us that Jean's TK can be used as physical force, meaning that Jean can use TK as though she had super strength.
    Hickman taking away that “label” doesnt change the fact that Jean has lifted thousands of TONS, flown in space, shielded herself against the energies of a white star, and manipulated molecules even though she’s not “omega” tk. If anything she’s shown she can use her omega tp to absorb psychic energy and combine into her Tk.

Let’s not forget she recently atomized those plant people in Xforce.

Did the young jean face this Knull too? Are they the same symbiotics of this Black saga?

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Did the young jean face this Knull too? Are they the same symbiotics of this Black saga?
    Teen Jean faced Poisons. Knull hadnt been created yet

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I don't think the Poison plot Bunn did had anything to do with Knull.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, I know what you mean, Daedra. I just hope writers do not think now that Jean is not an OTKer, that her TK should be weak or shown as such. I know they show X and Emma as powerful, but I think that is because X has always been tauted as such and Emma is a fan character of the writers.

I do not like Jean's TP adding to her TK; I see them as separate and want her TK to be powerful on its own. Also not a fan of the pink combination TP+TK. That just seems like a writer trying to come up with something new, but for me, it just does not do it. Either Jean is (regularly) powerful in TP and TK or she is not. And us Jean fans know that Jean is powerful in both!
    Haha don't worry my secret headcanon is that unknowingly to anyone on krakoa Jean is the first naturally ocurring multiple trait(tp/tk) omega level mutant and that's why a certain cosmic force can't get enough of it.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Haha don't worry my secret headcanon is that unknowingly to anyone on krakoa Jean is the first naturally ocurring multiple trait(tp/tk) omega level mutant and that's why a certain cosmic force can't get enough of it.
    Quoted for TRUTH!

BANNED

Yeah, I know what you mean, Daedra. I just hope writers do not think now that Jean is not an OTKer, that her TK should be weak or shown as such. I know they show X and Emma as powerful, but I think that is because X has always been tauted as such and Emma is a fan character of the writers.

I do not like Jean's TP adding to her TK; I see them as separate and want her TK to be powerful on its own. Also not a fan of the pink combination TP+TK. That just seems like a writer trying to come up with something new, but for me, it just does not do it. Either Jean is (regularly) powerful in TP and TK or she is not. And us Jean fans know that Jean is powerful in both!
    But that's the point of it, right? Jean's TK isn't meant to be particularly powerful.

She probably saves Krako a TON on wireless service though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    But that's the point of it, right? Jean's TK isn't meant to be particularly powerful.

She probably saves Krako a TON on wireless service though.
    No. Not being Omega, in this case TK, does not mean it is not particularly powerful. It means that it is not unlimited in potential. Remember, that is the definition of Omega power.

Jean's TK has always been powerful. And my point is that it should thus remain so--powerful!

Nice! That's a good look for all of them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I prefer to say that Jean is the omega level mutant of psionic energy manipulation. It explains the pink form and gives her access to all forms of telekinesis and telepathy, and explains why the Phoenix Force has been said to be a natural part of her mutation.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Hopefully the grand scheme of time and collective consciousness will continue to regard Jean as a powerful omega-level mutant psi regardless of Hickman's downgrades.

Heck, in my head canon, she and the Phoenix are still one and the same, with the revelation of how she/they split themselves and the inevitability of her reunification still be to be told.

I see Jean/Phoenix as the same thing that Ghost Jean inhabiting Teen Jean was: inconvenient duality of an ultimately single being. Ghost Jean was doing literally the same thing to Teen Jean that the Phoenix usually does to her. Literally the same thing. She just doesn't realize yet and won't fully get it until it's time for the comics to be over. In my headcanon anyway.

Real canon is, of course, "cosmic cocaine powerup so randumb lol".
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 12-03-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Hopefully the grand scheme of time and collective consciousness will continue to regard Jean as a powerful omega-level mutant psi regardless of Hickman's downgrades.

Heck, in my head canon, she and the Phoenix are still one and the same, with the revelation of how she/they split themselves and the inevitability of her reunification still be to be told.

I see Jean/Phoenix as the same thing that Ghost Jean inhabiting Teen Jean was: inconvenient duality of an ultimately single being. Ghost Jean was doing literally the same thing to Teen Jean that the Phoenix usually does to her. Literally the same thing. She just doesn't realize yet and won't fully get it until it's time for the comics to be over. In my headcanon anyway.

that's exactly my own headcanon too!! Jean is an example of apotheosis (Morrison's run explained it so beautifully!). As an omega level mutants she has transcended into godhood years ago but split/returned one fraction of herself into a human body and identity because she desires to live and experience a human life with her friends.

It also explains to me Cyclops' new found obsession with the Phoenix in AvX. He wanted to reunite with his deceased wife.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    that's exactly my own headcanon too!! Jean is an example of apotheosis (Morrison's run explained it so beautifully!). As an omega level mutants she has transcended into godhood years ago but split/returned one fraction of herself into a human body and identity because she desires to live and experience a human life with her friends.

It also explains to me Cyclops' new found obsession with the Phoenix in AvX. He wanted to reunite with his deceased wife.

We've been shown in various stories, some I like more than others, that the Phoenix has a tendency to split. Maybe it losing part of itself in becoming Jean Grey started the long chain of occurrences in which parts of itself find other "hosts" or spark life in other beings?

Why does the Phoenix bug Jean in particular? It's just finding itself. Why do Jean Grey (before Hickman) and her kids have crazy psi potential, with Rachel actually becoming Phoenix herself? Because Jean is ultimately pure psychic energy herself, barely held together as a human.

I think one day, when it's all just about said and done, Jean and Phoenix come together and remember everything and everywhere and everyone they have been. Perhaps in Morrison's run during Here Comes Tomorrow, as White Phoenix, she does remember all that she is in one overwhelming moment. Then she tweaks time to save her friends and the reality she loves...and forgets her time and as White Phoenix. It could be said that subsequently, other pieces of her cosmic self, trying to be the human version, drag her human Jean Grey body back to life (Endsong and again in Phoenix Resurrection) but she of course doesn't resurrect complete, as the entire Jean/Phoenix being.

But at some point, in the infinitely distant but "soon" future, she achieves apotheosis, becomes the White Phoenix of the Crown again, and remembers everything, from inadvertently willing her human form into existence to establishing her various charges, the other chosen Phoenixes like Hope and Quentin.

The widespread mess of the Phoenix can be pretty neatly explained and connected with the notion of duality, even the Jason Aaron stuff that I would prefer to ignore.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 12-04-2020 at 01:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    A little GTA5 Mod carnage

Oh, this is f&*&*&* great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I prefer to say that Jean is the omega level mutant of psionic energy manipulation. It explains the pink form and gives her access to all forms of telekinesis and telepathy, and explains why the Phoenix Force has been said to be a natural part of her mutation.
    Would explain to instances of her displaying empathic abilities far outside the realm of other telepaths, and precognition.

I'm still waiting on Hickman or really anyone to mention how similar the resurrection process is to what occurred when Jean and the Phoenix first merged. Based on what we've seen so far technically Jean would have been the Phoenix, though it does bring up the little issue of a person being resurrected while a small portion of herself was still alive in the Jamaica Bay.

I really hope that there's a story there, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Quentin/Hope/Rachel/All the Avengers usurped that role.