I don't necessarily disagree with some of you but Jean hasn't been bad in this new era imo. I was very critical of Jean's portrayal in House of X 4 when it came out and I got slammed hard on this very board. I felt like a pariah for a few weeks lol But other than that one issue Jean has been handled fairly well... especially by Percy.

Hickman has used Jean well, but I know it is not what many of us want. We typically want more. We want stories where she's centered. She's not centered when she's used by Hickman...who knows that might change. Maybe he does have bigger plans. Right now the Hickman book centers Scott (along with a few others) and Jean is used more of a secondary character .

In X-force Jean is shown to be confident, capable, and powerful. She does have a story. Jean is a heroic character but she's in a dark book where hard choices are made and bad things happen. Jean was uncomfortable killing the plant men when ordered by Beast, she was upset with Beast due to his deception and the decimation of the Terra Verde people, she saved the day in Terra Verde along with Sage and Black Tom. I think her story there is that Jean does want to be a hero and she doesn't like how X-force operates. Now Jean along with Scott will restart the X-men to be the heroes of Krakoa.

I may be wrong and maybe she will remain in X-force and help push it in a different direction but I expect she'll be in Hickman's book a lot more and maybe co-leading the X-men with Scott.