Page 25 of 432 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I agree. If only they could, at least, get rid of her mask...

“Hear me, X-Men! No longer am I the woman you knew! I can show you my beaver! I can show you my watermelons! But you'll never see my face. Now and forever - I am Marvel GIRL!”
    Lmao. Or at least change the mask design a bit. I think it would look better if it looked like wings. Also I think they should really add leggings to her dress and maybe change her gloves.

I find it interesting seeing Jean in the x-force and wolverine previews on the action squad. I like it. I was afraid she would be stuck in a lab or office with Beast and Sage. I also want to see Sage get in on some action since she can fight and can use weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I find it interesting seeing Jean in the x-force and wolverine previews on the action squad. I like it. I was afraid she would be stuck in a lab or office with Beast and Sage. I also want to see Sage get in on some action since she can fight and can use weapons.
    I'm glad too. I love action Jean. And she's using her tk offensively again!

BANNED

the dress is terribad on action, by god

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I agree. If only they could, at least, get rid of her mask...

“Hear me, X-Men! No longer am I the woman you knew! I can show you my beaver! I can show you my watermelons! But you'll never see my face. Now and forever - I am Marvel GIRL!”
    LOL.

And so much for the "now and forever!" part.

Hopefully, they will explain why Jean is dressed as she is and probably at that point will change it to a new costume. Just want it to be really good.

Thoughts on the first couple pages of the X-Force #6 preview.
    * On the first page, it looks like Jean (and Quentin) are using their powers to create orbs of light to illuminate the area. (I like how Jean's orbs are bigger, lol.) Is this the first time Jean has used her powers in this way? I think I recall Psylocke once using her psychic knife to light up an area.
    * I like Beast's description of Jean. Her versatility allows her to serve both on the frontlines and as support.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    * On the first page, it looks like Jean (and Quentin) are using their powers to create orbs of light to illuminate the area. (I like how Jean's orbs are bigger, lol.) Is this the first time Jean has used her powers in this way? I think I recall Psylocke once using her psychic knife to light up an area.
    * I like Beast's description of Jean. Her versatility allows her to serve both on the frontlines and as support.

I think so. She could go pink and I think people are able to see her psychic energy blasts/barriers. Which is why I hate that FoX-men always makes them invisible even as Phoenix where there should definitely be a lot of fire

My personal favorite will always be early Marvel Girl when she was a member of the original X Men team.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

i don't remember jean usig TK as a lamp, this is really cool

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I always thought her Tk was invisible (except when phoenix)
    I don't see how TK traduces in producing light. Except on extremely powerful dysplays.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I always thought her Tk was invisible (except when phoenix)
    I don't see how TK traduces in producing light. Except on extremely powerful dysplays.
    Excitation of the gas atoms of the air?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I liked how Jean's tk powers were done in the movies as well as in the X-men Evolution cartoon. It looked more realistic but in comic book form I do appreciate some sort of imagery to show when she is using her powers. I don't really like the pink look but it is what it is. I liked when her powers were kinda red and fiery in Extraordinary X-men.

In the Morrison era when she levitated things there was a pink glow to them. Perhaps her tk energy isn't invisible and does give off light.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Excitation of the gas atoms of the air?
    That is a nice explanation.

I just find it weird when TKs like Jean or Betsy seem to have green lantern powers.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That is a nice explanation.

I just find it weird when TKs like Jean or Betsy seem to have green lantern powers.
    That's so interesting.
    I've always seen it as very similar to a Lantern's power...in that telekinesis is of the mind and will (as the lantern constructs) but powered by the individual instead of a Cosmic Lantern.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Came across these old Instagram videos of a bodypainter who did a couple versions of Jean. I think she did a really good job with the 90s outfit.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BFuoD00y6ZZ/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BCOiWWiy6R9/