Page 337 of 432 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My verdict is that Jean is the clear winner, with Rogue also being an improvement. Scott and Storm are decent, but not really better than what they wore in the time period. Wolverine and Gambit don't seem to have changed enough to even justify calling it a redesign - although in Gambit's case it could be the trenchcoat covering up too much. And as the clear loser, Jubilee.

These are all just opinions, though.
    Yeah, Wolverine's design isn't that different. They got rid of the underoos, but they didn't really do anything to make up for it so now there's just a lot of yellow dead space.

This is the only full view of Gambit's costume I've seen so far. It's pretty different. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but they definitely should have kept the cowl. (Sorry, I know this is a Jean thread!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well I hope everything is okay with him/her. They were always so passionate about Jean
    I feel the same and thought about saying something earlier. I didn't always agree with her, but it is worrisome when mainstay members just vanish. We will assume the best! Sometimes it is good to take breaks from the internet and online forums.

Things have been quiet lately and there hasn't been a ton of stuff to discuss. Hopefully we'll have some things to chew on this week and in the weeks to come.
    I can't wait for Giant Size Storm, and for the X of Swords preludes.

Don't know if anyone collects figures but this'll be offered on Hasbro Pulse the 24th and 25th of this month. Hasbro Pulse members will be offered the box set a day early (24th) and then it'll be open to everyone on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Don't know if anyone collects figures but this'll be offered on Hasbro Pulse the 24th and 25th of this month. Hasbro Pulse members will be offered the box set a day early (24th) and then it'll be open to everyone on Friday.
    I love that Hasbro is so good with interchangeable heads! Jean/Black Queen/Selene is so much bang for your buck. Pierce to White King/Magneto! And that one figure that could be Moonstar/Karma/Wolfsbane!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

Which reminds me of the sad passing of the woman who is perhaps Claremont's physical model for Jean - Dame Diana Rigg. The Hellfire Club mindwhammy snake dance seems to have been lifted almost verbatim for Black Queen Jean.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Which reminds me of the sad passing of the woman who is perhaps Claremont's physical model for Jean - Dame Diana Rigg. The Hellfire Club mindwhammy snake dance seems to have been lifted almost verbatim for Black Queen Jean.
    Never forget our Mrs. Peel and Queen of Thorns.

Disney 2020 digital trading card for our beloved Jean. Love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the look but hate the shoulder pads

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like the look but hate the shoulder pads
    I was just about to say that.

They could have gone with a softer shoulder design reminiscent of shoulder guards but not so bulky and pointy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The way Dauterman draws Jean’s shoulder pads is ideal. He makes them look sleek.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The shoulders don't bother me too much for some reason. Jean definitely has the best redesign. Hopefully all this promotion for this new look is leading to something. I imagine its a cartoon.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

nice find! it could be more progresive to have the giant size colors, but i like it
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The shoulders don't bother me too much for some reason. Jean definitely has the best redesign. Hopefully all this promotion for this new look is leading to something. I imagine its a cartoon.
    I think hers is the best primarily bc her original was so terrible. I liked the costume in the books but TAS made it ugly. The colors and that ponytail worked against her

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Disney 2020 digital trading card for our beloved Jean. Love it!
    Great find! Jean definitely got the best redesign.

But having said that, I really hope these are just for merch and not an animated series. It reminds me of that Fox Kids Avengers animated series from 1999-2000, with their original designs that were too fussy and trying to be cool/hip/modern. Whenever they don't use comic book accurate costumes in an animated series, that to me is a sign that they're targeting younger audiences and people that don't know anything about the source material.

I think hers is the best primarily bc her original was so terrible. I liked the costume in the books but TAS made it ugly. The colors and that ponytail worked against her
    You mean you didn't like this "amazing" design for her!?

What about when they redesigned it and made it worse?

Between the terrible costume design and the character portrayal, 90's TAS Jean never had a chance.