Page 56 of 432 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The issue does seem a bit dissapointing but I guess some will keep claiming it is the best thing since sliced bread.
    yeah, of course gonna happen. X-men feels so cultish now

this issue is worth for he art alone for sure, dauterman art is amazing. But x-office could use him better on a ongoing instead of a gimmick issue

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i still remember the time 2018 uncanny x men haved a jean grey story part on the first issue i think, that period may not be the best on the x men comics, but cared a lot for jean as leader and even just as a person, they cared so much about her, and now... lol. even the dark phoenix movie, that isnt the best x men movie, may be more interesting for jean story..
    Last edited by darewithpeace; 02-25-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yeah, of course gonna happen. X-men feels so cultish now

this issue is worth for he art alone for sure, dauterman art is amazing. But x-office could use him better on a ongoing instead of a gimmick issue
    Yeah I agree with the cultish sentiment. Not just the fan base but the characters. As much as I was blown away by HOX/POX right now don't feel like I'm reading xmen books

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    For me the red and black doesn't really work for Jean...would have prefer a combo of black and gold
    Attachment 93650
    Black and Gold should have been the color! I never understood why the artist decided in black and red. He should’ve kept with the theme of gold. I was always annoyed by that.

By the way... does anyone know when the Marvel app update with the new issues?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    By the way... does anyone know when the Marvel app update with the new issues?
    3:00am NY time.

I just read Giant-Size X-Men and OH...My...God... what a stunning issue it was!!! There’s one particular page that will blow you guys away. Dauterman continues to be my favorite current artist. I’ve been wanting for him to draw a book with Jean since seeing his work in Jane Foster’s Thor run. If anyone is interesting in Dauterman and his creative process in making this issue, please visit my Jean Facebook page: The Jean Grey Phoenix Force Fan Club page. I was able to recently interview him and he was kind enough to answe a few questions. I’ll post it there later today.

I loved the artwork in this issue. I'll leave it at that so as not to spoil, but I think Jean was very well handled

The art was stunning, loved the nods to previous Hean / Storm moments.

Jean certainly seemed the “leader” of the Jean / Emma adventure and seemed more capable.

The art was most definitely stunning but the issue itself was overhyped. I was hoping it would have been more self contained and/or had more character development but it didnt

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Black and Gold should have been the color! I never understood why the artist decided in black and red. He should’ve kept with the theme of gold. I was always annoyed by that.
    I agree!

As much as I love Jean's classic Marvel Girl look, that costume she wore in Giant Size, coupled with Dauterman's art, is far superior. I really hope she wears it more often.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    i still remember the time 2018 uncanny x men haved a jean grey story part on the first issue i think, that period may not be the best on the x men comics, but cared a lot for jean as leader and even just as a person, they cared so much about her, and now... lol. even the dark phoenix movie, that isnt the best x men movie, may be more interesting for jean story..
    At least it seemed like they had a intention of doing something with Jean.

The problem of that period is that they were stalling for Hickman

I loved the Giant Sized issue. I hope Jean (and Emma) are in the Storm issue.

Jean and Emma work so well together and to see them in their natural element is great. I hope as Hickman's era continues we will see less saltiness, snark, and pettiness between the Jean and Emma fandoms (with Jean fans upset about the affair and Emma fans upset Jean outclasses her in power, etc). Jean and Emma have differences but they have pushed past it and are professionals.

Jean looked so good in the re-colored costume. At first I was afraid she was going to look like a gummi bear in the green and yellow.

The issue does go by too fast without words, but it was still fun. Jean is presented as capable and powerful so that is always good. Emma has a good showing as well.

For those who are wondering spoilers:
    Jean is mentioned a few times in X-men 7 and she has a brief background cameo at the end
    end of spoilers

Ill post this one scan from the issue which reminds me of a previous Dauterman piece