Page 52 of 432 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This is the 21st century. Women don’t save themselves for marriage. Jeen’s relations do indeed count. With Beast and with the human guy. Jean had a boyfriend while in college in the 89s. The sexual revolution was going on. That’s three men other than Cyclops. Then she had sex with Bishop. 4 men besides Cyclops. Now she has a room with no doors between Cyclops and Wolverine. Clearly, she has kicked it with them both. She has an open marriage.

Of course she’s over the affair with all she has going on. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This is the 21st century. Women don’t save themselves for marriage. Jeen’s relations do indeed count. With Beast and with the human guy. Jean had a boyfriend while in college in the 89s. The sexual revolution was going on. That’s three men other than Cyclops. Then she had sex with Bishop. 4 men besides Cyclops. Now she has a room with no doors between Cyclops and Wolverine. Clearly, she has kicked it with them both. She has an open marriage.

Of course she’s over the affair with all she has going on. Lol
    She definetely did not have sex with Beast.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She definetely did not have sex with Beast.
    They kissed maybe twice, and it has been recognized as such. And she went on ONE date with that boy in college, and she berated him for being a bigot before anything happened.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It is the year 2020 and people are still being defined/judged based on how many people they have slept with? Damn. Not very progressive.

Fantastic Member

I don't think a chaarcter worth depends on numbers of partners, but having the same one for forever is boring
    I don't mind that Jean doesn't have a laundry list of ex-lovers. I don't even mind that she seems to prefer to bond on an emotional level before getting physical, it's a valid choice. But the writers seem determined to refuse to allow her to form new emotional bonds with characters outside of her regular clique. Which would be one thing, but the integrity of those emotional connections (Scott and Jean) are not maintained by the writers.

Fans have their own views the subject and I am not going to debate it, as it's only my opinion but I don't believe Cyclops is in love with Jean Grey. Maybe it's because for the past 15 years the writers were pushing another couple at the expense of Scott and Jean (taking pot shots at Jean whenever possible) but I just don't buy it anymore. Morrison said Jean was Scott's teen love and that he needed to move past it. Subsequent writers ran with that. The end as far as I'm concerned.

As a contrast, I do believe Logan truly loves her. It seems to be taken as Marvel Universe law, even mentioned in the recent issue of Black Cat. It's just not a relationship the writers seem willing to commit to, past a certain point.

It's why I dream of Jean being broken out of the X-Office. The Avengers are Marvel's most popular franchise and I think Jean would do well outside of the X-Men. We've seen very good interactions with Tony Stark (Amazing Spiderman indicated he has reached out to Jean for Telepathic assistance), Steve Rogers and I even liked her interaction with Black Bolt, of the Inhumans.

In terms of romantic pursuits, I say Steve Rogers and Clint Barton, were each a lost opportunity, as Jean would have gone well with either gentlemen. The storyline potential of Jean, with a number of other characters in Marvel's catalogue is woefully untapped.

Pure speculation but I think Kraoka is doomed. I think this whole thing is going to come crumbling down in spectacular fashion (this is by Hickman design and intent) when it does, I just hope Jean isn't buried beneath the rubble with characters like Xavier, Magneto, Scott, Logan and Emma. I want her to maintain her good standing with those outside of the X-men.

Hopefully leading to an ongoing written by Ron Marz, where Jean starts over in every aspect of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I don't mind that Jean doesn't have a laundry list of ex-lovers. I don't even mind that she seems to prefer to bond on an emotional level before getting physical, it's a valid choice. But the writers seem determined to refuse to allow her to form new emotional bonds with characters outside of her regular clique. Which would be one thing, but the integrity of those emotional connections (Scott and Jean) are not maintained by the writers.

Fans have their own views the subject and I am not going to debate it, as it's only my opinion but I don't believe Cyclops is in love with Jean Grey. Maybe it's because for the past 15 years the writers were pushing another couple at the expense of Scott and Jean (taking pot shots at Jean whenever possible) but I just don't buy it anymore. Morrison said Jean was Scott's teen love and that he needed to move past it. Subsequent writers ran with that. The end as far as I'm concerned.

As a contrast, I do believe Logan truly loves her. It seems to be taken as Marvel Universe law, even mentioned in the recent issue of Black Cat. It's just not a relationship the writers seem willing to commit to, past a certain point.

It's why I dream of Jean being broken out of the X-Office. The Avengers are Marvel's most popular franchise and I think Jean would do well outside of the X-Men. We've seen very good interactions with Tony Stark (Amazing Spiderman indicated he has reached out to Jean for Telepathic assistance), Steve Rogers and I even liked her interaction with Black Bolt, of the Inhumans.

In terms of romantic pursuits, I say Steve Rogers and Clint Barton, were each a lost opportunity, as Jean would have gone well with either gentlemen. The storyline potential of Jean, with a number of other characters in Marvel's catalogue is woefully untapped.

Pure speculation but I think Kraoka is doomed. I think this whole thing is going to come crumbling down in spectacular fashion (this is by Hickman design and intent) when it does, I just hope Jean isn't buried beneath the rubble with characters like Xavier, Magneto, Scott, Logan and Emma. I want her to maintain her good standing with those outside of the X-men.

Hopefully leading to an ongoing written by Ron Marz, where Jean starts over in every aspect of her life.
    The take that Jean was Scott's teen love doesn't make any sense when most of their relationship has happened when they were already adults, then got married and raised a child together for 12 years.

Also, right now the X-Men are Marvel's most popular franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The take that Jean was Scott's teen love doesn't make any sense when most of their relationship has happened when they were already adults, then got married and raised a child together for 12 years.

Also, right now the X-Men are Marvel's most popular franchise.
    I think the poster implied that writers after Morrison made it canon, not that it was what originally happened.

X-men are popular on comics

The problem of Scott and Jean is that they want to have the cake and eat it, but only when it is convenient.
    Lois and clark is aclassic couple because DC earned that. Same for Reed and Sue.

No one is taking the time to reconstruct it, just slapped the two together and that is it.
    And we already saw JDW saying that characters are just getting over without any build;

I'm really tired of X-office and how bad they are on handling relationships;
    Jean have better suitors out of x-men comics
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-23-2020 at 06:54 PM.

BANNED

You canny show sex in comics. However by having people date it’s implied. Passionate kissing is a prelude to sex and an implication that happened.

Modern writers deliberately took away Jean being sone virgin who saved herself for Scott, and some older male fans are having issues.

Fantastic Member

I think the poster implied that writers after Morrison made it canon, not that it was what originally happened.

X-men are popular on comics
    That is exactly what I mean't. Thank you. I thought Morrison's run finger-painted over a lot of continuity, Scott and Jean's romance being one of the most prominent, but subsequent writers kept beating his drum, so here we are. At least, as I see it.

The problem of Scott and Jean is that they want to have the cake and eat it, but only when it is convenient.
    Lois and clark is aclassic couple because DC earned that. Same for Reed and Sue.
    I think this could be a detriment to the franchise long term. Scott and Jean WERE that couple for the franchise. SMH.

I'm really tired of X-office and how bad they are on handling relationships;
    Jean have better suitors out of x-men comics
    I really like the thought. Do you think Jean will ever get any play outside of the X-Office? Substantial play that is.

Before Hickman, it was so cool to see Jean's name being bounced around by other characters.

BANNED

Modern writers deliberately took away Jean being sone virgin who saved herself for Scott, and some older male fans are having issues.
    They literally did the exact opposite of this. Including killing her to prevent this.

You canny show sex in comics. However by having people date it’s implied. Passionate kissing is a prelude to sex and an implication that happened.

comics can be much more explicit than that. Often we are shown them taking the clothes and jumping on bed. Or after sex naked on bed

this is a good example https://bamsmackpow.com/files/2018/07/mrmrsx1breep.jpg

BANNED

have you read avengers by aaron? cause if so be carefull what you wish for lol.
    unless you ship jean with odin

That is exactly what I mean't. Thank you. I thought Morrison's run finger-painted over a lot of continuity, Scott and Jean's romance being one of the most prominent, but subsequent writers kept beating his drum, so here we are. At least, as I see it.
    The good thing is the we didn't had flashbacks because Jemas prohibited them.
    It was dissapointing see writers buying the Morrison cool aid. he really caused a lot of problems on the franchise, like create bad new characters like glob and quentin

I think this could be a detriment to the franchise long term. Scott and Jean WERE that couple for the franchise. SMH.
    it was a bad idea, x-men lots many readers

I really like the thought. Do you think Jean will ever get any play outside of the X-Office? Substantial play that is.

Before Hickman, it was so cool to see Jean's name being bounced around by other characters.
    Clearly when Pannicia was editor and before Hickman, Jean was hinted to be on avengers. I think she would get involved because of 1000000 BC phoenix;

never say never. I think phoenix Jean is better suited for avengers or even guardians of galaxy comics than X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    have you read avengers by aaron? cause if so be carefull what you wish for lol.
    unless you ship jean with odin
    Odin is dead. Thor is the new king of asgard
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-24-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    1. Phoenix
    2. X-men Red costume
    3. Teen Jean All New X-men
    4. Teen Jean X-men Blue costume
    5. Red X-factor
    6. Xorna
    7. New X-men
    8. Revolution
    9. X-factor forever
    10. The Marvel Girl costume from age of x-man
    Nice list. You are generous. I had hard time filling my top 5 fav.

1. Original Green Phoenix
    2. New X-Men
    3. Revolution Phoenix
    4. Black and red resurrection Phoenix
    5. X-Factor Forever

Jean suits I can't stand
    1. Very first green X-Factor (covering her face and a part of her hair)
    2. X-Men Red suit (Red & Blue, or Green & Yellow, I just hate it. Don't hate me for this. It's a mater of taste. I hate armored style suit for Jean)
    3. 60's mini skirt. I especially hate when artists draw it with washing gloves.