Page 108 of 432 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This stuff, comics, are supposed to be about having fun but god some people really take this stuff like is real (it isn't), kinda miss the point of this hobby.
    They are all fictional characters with no agency.

Hello Peanutsinspace
    Thanks for being positive!
    I think it is great that you are encouraging positivity. I hope you see that you and a few others are the ones that contribute a lot of negativity. So it might be time to look at one's self and to be and do better. It is just a thought. We are all Jean fans in this thread so we should all feel welcome but as some have pointed out the negative folks make it really tiresome. I know I contribute some to it because I engage some of you who are so negative about the Morrison run, but I just try to combat the negativity with information and try my best to counter falsehoods.

I gave up arguing with the negative Nancys a while ago, and put them on my ignore list. There is not a lot of them, thank God.
    Comics are about having fun and nice exchanges. Not about holding a grudge against some characters they hate or some writers they hate even more.

Back to Jean, I can't wait to see what Percy has planed for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You say that criticizing overrated writers (again this is just your subjective opinion - you want to try using more qualifiers in your writing) means people will say you are a hater or "too dumb" but you neglect to state that those of us who counter your incorrect assertions do so with actually using facts from the books. We use facts and evidence. For example when you once said Jean was cold in New X-men and then I proceeded to list every single time she shown empathy and compassion during the run (which was a lot). It is ok if you hate it but you've said that over and over. But at least be honest about the run instead of making stuff up that is easily debunked by the very books you hate.

It is just better to be honest and less biased. X-books should be fun and we should all share things we enjoy but others have said it is hard to contribute to this thread because of a few that go on and on about the Scott and Jean breakup or poor Jean having her husband cheat on her, etc.
    Damn.... Now you have putten the words better than I would have done . Fans are truly obsessed with shipping all the time when it comes to Jean.
    Morrison's Phoenix is the better than any Phoenix and it's not just about power levels but her characterization as a cosmic force+human being was really great.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it is great that you are encouraging positivity. I hope you see that you and a few others are the ones that contribute a lot of negativity. So it might be time to look at one's self and to be and do better. It is just a thought. We are all Jean fans in this thread so we should all feel welcome but as some have pointed out the negative folks make it really tiresome. I know I contribute some to it because I engage some of you who are so negative about the Morrison run, but I just try to combat the negativity with information and try my best to counter falsehoods.
    OK, thanks. If I acted negative then I apologize.
    I still dislike Morrison's run but it is okay if you like it

You say that criticizing overrated writers (again this is just your subjective opinion - you want to try using more qualifiers in your writing) means people will say you are a hater or "too dumb" but you neglect to state that those of us who counter your incorrect assertions do so with actually using facts from the books. We use facts and evidence. For example when you once said Jean was cold in New X-men and then I proceeded to list every single time she shown empathy and compassion during the run (which was a lot). It is ok if you hate it but you've said that over and over. But at least be honest about the run instead of making stuff up that is easily debunked by the very books you hate.
    And I already acknowledge it, but she was still distand not passionate. I can't tell what was her passion, her personal objectives.
    It is just better to be honest and less biased. X-books should be fun and we should all share things we enjoy but others have said it is hard to contribute to this thread because of a few that go on and on about the Scott and Jean breakup or poor Jean having her husband cheat on her, etc.
    Yeah x-books sould be fun I agree
    Well when x-books let jean be the great chaarcter sh eis destined I will stop complaining about the 15 years long victimization of jean grey

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Damn.... Now you have putten the words better than I would have done . Fans are truly obsessed with shipping all the time when it comes to Jean.
    Morrison's Phoenix is the better than any Phoenix and it's not just about power levels but her characterization as a cosmic force+human being was really great.
    This is sacrilege on Claremont
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-27-2020 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

Morrison's run also had best non-Phoenix costume.

The stripes with the X and the jacket are legend. Take me back.

Dark Phoenix found it's way into Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

It's my non-phoenix favorite suit.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Same! I hope they make an action figure of it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

I like this one too. I think if I were to rank my favorite costumes:

1. Cockrum's Phoenix design is perfection. Also like the variations with Dark Phoenix and White Phoenix of the Crown
    2. Jim Lee 90s costume. It's dated, but I love it anyway
    3. New X-Men

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    I would have loved to see that outfit in DoX and would have been absolutely perfect in the GSXM instead of the re-coloured XMRed suit.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

My X-men Red cosplay is coming along nicely. Here’s a look at my breastplate.

Attachment 94988

I didn’t necessarily *love* the armor look for jean, but for a cosplay I think it’s making it a lot more fun.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    My X-men Red cosplay is coming along nicely. Here’s a look at my breastplate.

Attachment 94988

I didn’t necessarily *love* the armor look for jean, but for a cosplay I think it’s making it a lot more fun.
    it looks like the sayan armor

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it looks like the sayan armor
    I don’t know what that is
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I don’t know what that is
    From dragon ball z