Page 48 of 432 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    BANNED

what kind of outlandish headcanons do you have, personally, for jean?
    i had this idea she likes spicy candy just to powerplay everyone that sees her eating them willingly

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

You know my appreciation for what Taylor was doing with Jean in XM:R aside, it sucks that he didn't follow through on many of his set ups. I was fine with him curving us on a battle between Jean/Rachel and Jean/Storm however the biggest flub of that series imo is NOT having Jean kick the ever loving sh&* out of Nova especially after 12 issues of build.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Actually Jean not kicking Cassandra Nova makes sense.
    In X-men Red Jean was solving things with empathy.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Actually Jean not kicking Cassandra Nova makes sense.
    In X-men Red Jean was solving things with empathy.

Then the execution was lacking, Morrison did the save the sadist monster in the most humane way possible story much better. Jean and specifically the X-men knew how much a threat Cassandra Nova represents. And especially because the last time they tried the "empathy" route it resulted in her returning and launching an all "hate" campaign that led to the death of a politician, assaults all around the world, Storm and Rachel being compromised, and with a student at Xavier's being murdered on the property without even the slightest bit of outrage on the part of the X-men.

I see the X-Men Gold/Blue logo is still in use. On a prose adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga!

X-MEN: THE DARK PHOENIX SAGA PROSE NOVEL
    Writer: Sam Siciliano
    PB, 352PP, $14.95
    On Sale: April 15, 2020

Jean Grey pilots a shuttle through a solar flare, saving the X-Men, and is possessed by one of the universe's greatest forces—the Phoenix. As she adapts to her new powers, the X-Men launch an assault against the clandestine Hellfire Club. Jean is tricked into betraying the X-Men, becoming first the Black Queen and then Dark Phoenix, wielding the power to destroy worlds. Only the X-Men can stop her.

Not sure why it was listed in Titan's May solicits if it's out in April though.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...solicitations/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I also wanted Jean to put the hurt on Nova in a big way. Give a real reason to fear Jean, especially non-Phoenix Jean

#Justice4Kyle

...then re-write her for empathy.

Also, another disappointment for me was the lack of a creative and visually interesting confrontation on the Astral Plane....c'mon, two mega telepaths and you don't do this?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She is more of Blue lantern for me
    "That is what the Phoenix represents: HOPE. A Hope that never dies!......"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Attachment 93478

I think this panel from X-Men The Hidden Years succinctly illustrates that even though the Force can inhabit basically anyone or anything, Jean's mutation makes her extremely powerful and "best match"...not to mention Jean's empathy and spiritual compatibility

It was fitting that Jean wield the Phoenix Force once she stopped suppressing her powers and started embracing their scope...as she tells Storm during their day trip on the astral plane, she's just "doing what comes naturally".

Storm and Magneto (other Omega mutants, coincidentally), self-generate a certain amount of force, but their greatest feats happen when they tap into a larger power source(Earth's or other celestial natural meteorological or Magnetic forces), yet no one tries to claim those aren't their feats.

The increased sentience and convoluted attempts at expanding its mythos really messed with Jean

While I love Jean as Phoenix, I appreciate the current status quo and Jean furthering herself without the baggage.
    I still think that Marvel ending X-Men Hidden years was mean. John Byrne never got over it.
    It was a profitable book at the time. But Quesada axed many x-books at the time, just because he thought they were too many... How ironic now...

Anyway, I still love John Byrne's X-Men run, Alpha Flight, Fantastic Four run with all my heart. I read his X-Men "fanfic" on his forum. I am not a fan of his "Jean Grey". It's like he has forgotten how he used to draw her. She now looks like an adult Kitty. And I'm not excited by the way he writes her too. Anyway, that was my two cents about Byrne, X-Men, and Hidden years.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean is actually a pretty good fit for all corps, maybe the red one not much.
    I think you're mostly right, but I'd say the color that fits her least is Orange/Avarice. I could see her being Red since she occasionally has been known to be give into her anger. However, I think one of the colors she'd fit best is Indigo/Compassion, because it's been said her greatest ability is her empathy.

Although really, I couldn't think of another Marvel character other than Jean that would be a better candidate for a White Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I Love the Phoenix Saga
    Eh it’s okay. I prefer her Marvel Girl stories.

Phoenix by Mike Choi

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post

Phoenix by Mike Choi
    Beautiful. We need a ‘like’ button?

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    my issue with the phoenix returning to Jean, is that the question of who did the feat? was it Jean or was it the phoenix, and downgrades Jean to a powerful mutant on her own.
    If they have to amp up Jean's power, then just pick up where Teen Jean left off and go from there and explore her Omega-ness. Also on Annual X-Men Red, she stated that she was holding back because of the Phoenix.
    So these 2 premises should be sufficient. Marvel has not really explored what a true Omega Mutant really meant in Hickman world, all speculation. They need to start showing the power gaps between an Omega vs non-Omega mutant.
    This!

Finally we have Jean without the Phoenix, i know she's iconic with it and the most famous host but when she's one with Phoenix it feels like she can't be used normally, she will be too op, i want more of the Omega Jean with her Telepathy and telekinesis,. Fighting Cassandra Nova was a very good story, Nova couldn't break her defenses and Jean was just fighting in a defensive way.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post

Phoenix by Mike Choi
    Perfect art

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Eh it’s okay. I prefer her Marvel Girl stories.
    Well, to each, their own.

Phoenix was meant to be Jean's ultimate expression as a psi. So of courseI like Jean/Marvel Girl/Phoenix.