Page 297 of 432 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love how Jean is drawn here and I really love the costume---simple yet elegant while also being updated.
    Not a fan of the short black boots and the wrap around gloves, but I do like the rest of the costume. It would have been nice to see Jean wear it in cannon tho.

Anyway, does anyone here collect Marvel Legends? I am dying to get the new Black Queen Jean Grey and White Queen Emma, along with the rest of the hellfire club.

It's nice that this year we are getting 2 versions of Jean Grey in action figure form!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Not a fan of the short black boots and the wrap around gloves, but I do like the rest of the costume. It would have been nice to see Jean wear it in cannon tho.

Anyway, does anyone here collect Marvel Legends? I am dying to get the new Black Queen Jean Grey and White Queen Emma, along with the rest of the hellfire club.

It's nice that this year we are getting 2 versions of Jean Grey in action figure form!
    I collect them. Between my brother, my partner and myself we own a lot of X-men action figures. I will try to get the hellfire club set.

I finally collected all the AOA figures and finished Sugar Man.

Speaking of X-men toys we bought the Dark Phoenix and Storm Barbies the other day at Gamestop. My bro is going to give my four year old niece the Storm Barbie since Storm is her favorite X-man and she loves everything Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I collect them. Between my brother, my partner and myself we own a lot of X-men action figures. I will try to get the hellfire club set.

I finally collected all the AOA figures and finished Sugar Man.

Speaking of X-men toys we bought the Dark Phoenix and Storm Barbies the other day at Gamestop. My bro is going to give my four year old niece the Storm Barbie since Storm is her favorite X-man and she loves everything Barbie.
    That really cool! As a fellow X-men march collector, I always get excited when I hear about other people collecting figures, statues, and other merch.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    As much I never like Jim Lee's suit design for Jean, I always loved the way he draws her face.
    Same. It is the characters most iconic costume other than the Phoenix look but it had 90's cringe elements.

90s jean grey.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol Jean has been offending misogynists since the 70s and yet it's almost a surprising miracle when she has a powerful moment of character or a feat in 2020.
    For so long it seemed as if they were afraid to give Jean true power feats because of the huge shadow the Phoenix cast. Even though I love the original Phoenix story (Phoenix is Jean’s ultimate potential), I was happy where X-Men Red was going - that now Jean would push herself even further cause she wouldn’t have to worry about the Phoenix force. But when X-Men Red ended that was forgotten.

In many ways I feel that the Phoenix retcon is misogynistic. It removed the power from Jean. And the Phoenix force itself has been watered down with all silly stories the past decade. If Hickman could salvage the Phoenix mess, hopefully even retcon the retcon, he will be my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    As much I never like Jim Lee's suit design for Jean, I always loved the way he draws her face.

His alternate unpublished Phoenix design was not amazing either, but I would have enjoyed to see Jean wear it for a while.

I haven’t seen this before! Jean looks so damn amazing here! What story was this supposed to be?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I haven’t seen this before! Jean looks so damn amazing here! What story was this supposed to be?
    This was if Jean had become Phoenix again during the Lee/Claremont days.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This was if Jean had become Phoenix again during the Lee/Claremont days.
    Was it a ”what if?”-story or was it something the seriously considered and then changed their minds?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Was it a ”what if?”-story or was it something the seriously considered and then changed their minds?
    It was something that was seriously considered, as far as I'm aware, but that they never went with during Lee's time on the book. That design is official, for primary canon, but unused.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I love that yellow/black costume, how Jean looked and of course her power as shown in that pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It was something that was seriously considered, as far as I'm aware, but that they never went with during Lee's time on the book. That design is official, for primary canon, but unused.
    So something they were toying with when they were launching X-Men #1 in 1991? Oh, the stories we could have gotten! And imagine how different Jean would have been in the animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    That really cool! As a fellow X-men march collector, I always get excited when I hear about other people collecting figures, statues, and other merch.
    We are running out of space for them.

As for Jean figures we have Phoenix, 90's Jean, the 90's Jean that came with the Cyclops and Logan pack, and AOA Jean. We have all of the blue and gold team characters (except Banshee), and we have almost all of X-factor (except Guido and Quicksilver), and we have quite a few from original X-force/New Mutants.

We missed Kitty Pryde years ago but we have the Iceman and Rogue from that set. We also have all the Black Panther cast from the movie as well as Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Jessica Jones, etc. I would have loved to have these figures as a kid. When I was still playing with toys as a child the only female X-man was Storm. I quit playing with toys before Rogue and Phoenix came out.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would have loved to read that book with that cast. Jean looks awesome. Why did we get shoulder guards and thigh pads?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I wish they would have made an action figure of Jean in the yellow/black costume with that cool Phoenix Effect!

BANNED

For so long it seemed as if they were afraid to give Jean true power feats because of the huge shadow the Phoenix cast. Even though I love the original Phoenix story (Phoenix is Jean’s ultimate potential), I was happy where X-Men Red was going - that now Jean would push herself even further cause she wouldn’t have to worry about the Phoenix force. But when X-Men Red ended that was forgotten.

In many ways I feel that the Phoenix retcon is misogynistic. It removed the power from Jean. And the Phoenix force itself has been watered down with all silly stories the past decade. If Hickman could salvage the Phoenix mess, hopefully even retcon the retcon, he will be my hero.
    I hope so, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Hickman was there for AvX and doesn't seem to have a very gung-ho outlook on Jean.