Page 54 of 432 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    These colors just do not seem to go together for me. It is definitely the red. But I’m glad Jean got another Phoenix costume. She’s been through all the stages from green, red, white, and black. I wish each stage of the Phoenix would have been better explained. What does each color mean/represent?
    I think the costume's color recognizes the fierceness of Phoenix but also symbolizes dimness of an era i.e phoenix. It's like a red giant star if u might say.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Black Phoenix of the Crown?
    Yes! In a way, at least. Black and gold is a little overused too but at least the gold/yellow would allow some consistency for Jean's looks, and I dunno, it's just more elegant than red.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yes! In a way, at least. Black and gold is a little overused too but at least the gold/yellow would allow some consistency for Jean's looks, and I dunno, it's just more elegant than red.
    I happen to like the Black and Gold look for a Phoenix character, and I agree it is elegant, LOL!

Red *reads* as black. Red/Black works really well for ninja types that ought to be in all black. See Deadpool. Batwoman, Robins, Nightwing. Nightcrawler. MM Spider-Man. Spawn. That's not Jean.

Gold against black is a lot more dramatic.

Red *reads* as black. Red/Black works really well for ninja types that ought to be in all black. See Deadpool. Batwoman, Robins, Nightwing. Nightcrawler. MM Spider-Man. Spawn. That's not Jean.

Gold against black is a lot more dramatic.
    The costume color hardly resonates with Deadpool. It was more of a dark costume

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    The costume color hardly resonates with Deadpool. It was more of a dark costume
    Red *reads* as black. Red + Black costumes ARE "dark costumes". I'm agreeing with you?

Red *reads* as black. Red + Black costumes ARE "dark costumes". I'm agreeing with you?
    Deadpool costume isn't a dark costume. It's more of a red costume because it adds a certain sense of humor just like SM's costume.

Jean by Cassara. What's on her nose??

Attachment 93628

Edit : and what's with that cup? Apocuplypse?
    Last edited by franckd; 02-24-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Black and gold just has more power to it than black and red do. You can kind of see it in the way the emblem looks in her Avengers Alliance Phoenix Five look.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Black and red looks cooler. And the original Dark Phoenix costume already has gold. Red(when combined with black) also looks more "evil" which is what that was supposed to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Black and red looks cooler. And the original Dark Phoenix costume already has gold. Red(when combined with black) also looks more "evil" which is what that was supposed to look like.
    Yeah but the red and yellow DP costume shows the sheer fierceness of dark phoenix, whereas this PR costume seems to expose the fading or shimmering or the end of Jean's Phoenix era.

What gives you the idea that it was supposed to look evil? Nothing that's been said about the Last Phoenix look implies that to me. Rosenberg said that it was meant to represent finality, what with Jean having the intention to break up with the Phoenix; she did, after all, never go dark in Phoenix Resurrection.

And again, the red + black is a basic combination and one that I don't associate with the Phoenix. The constant color for Phoenix designs should be gold.

The constant color for Phoenix designs should be gold.
    Wonder what a springtime green + gold Phoenix 5 lewks could be. Who would be the "good" Phoenix 5? No one's ever shown me a Phoenix Nightcrawler. Phoenix Iceman. rawr

What gives you the idea that it was supposed to look evil? Nothing that's been said about the Last Phoenix look implies that to me. Rosenberg said that it was meant to represent finality, what with Jean having the intention to break up with the Phoenix; she did, after all, never go dark in Phoenix Resurrection.
    Jean looks all dark and is like ~tHiS iS wHo I rEaAlly Am~ to the X-Men, while they look tense and then say that it's not, and then Jean immediately fights against it.

Astonishing Member

I agree. The Black and red costume is definitely one of my favorite Phoenix costumes. I really wish we got more mileage out of it. It's sleek, simple, and the color scheme justs WORKS.