Page 229 of 432 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 6479
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    that is called rape, not sex.

you are damn right.

The comic was good until the last 4 pages, that are pure fanservice and out of character
    comics sell a lot less than manga and this is one of the reasons

they aren't. we only saw jean kissing Logan. Emma gonna marry Tony Stark, haha involved
    And Tony’s currently involved with the Wasp.

Sweet!!! Let’s get Jan involved in the hexagon too.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean was retconned to be attracted to him, mostly Claremont played with it.

abuse is still abuse even if the victim fight.
    Aren't you a Jean/Bishop fan? They had sex and weren't even in their right mind. Yet you've been saying that it was a "fresh" pairing for Jean and was thrown away for Jean/Cyclops.

I'm sorry I need clarification. Spirit did you just say Percy is a bad writer?

Obviously that's subjective. As I see him as one of the best writers of the Hickman era.

But also another thing to note is just because someone doesnt like a story beat does not make it bad writing.

Same goes with when someone likes a story beat.

I know your opinion of Jean in this era BUT i think youre purposely not seeing things to fit your narrative of all this being bad for Jean.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I don't need to go to extremes, just opening the best-sellers on mangaplus and seeing high school superheroes showing some big badonkers or asses thick with a capital T. That's far from being "extreme".
    I can see why you will say that, but arent the x-men overtly sexualized themselves so how does this argue anything in your case. I think some of you are mistaken for what I am trying to say, my problem isn't that Jean can't show sexual agency like someone said but its when her actions don't make sense for who she is right now. Man you guys are trying to make it seem like I'm putting her on a pedestal.

You know what, people can have sex with whoever they want, no matter if it doesn't make sense, its 2020 baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    And Tony’s currently involved with the Wasp.

Sweet!!! Let’s get Jan involved in the hexagon too.
    Tony ended with Wasp

More than anything I wish we had seen Jean and Scott come to the conclusion to open up their relationship (idk if they're still technically married) to other people. It would make sense considering they had problems before Jean died and this could be one of the long-term solutions to keep their relationship stable and happy.

As of now it just looks like a bunch of messy people boning because Krakoa is on that "free love" energy.

Extraordinary Member

Tony ended with Wasp
    Too bad. Jan would have fit right in.

Pun intended.

Fantastic Member

Just when I dropped all titles and stuck with X-Force for Jean, she leaves. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Aren't you a Jean/Bishop fan? They had sex and weren't even in their right mind. Yet you've been saying that it was a "fresh" pairing for Jean and was thrown away for Jean/Cyclops.
    None of them knew to make it a sexual agression, both were victims. Worse they threw it away for Logan/Jean that weren't attracted to each other for more than a decade and the origin is sexual harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    More than anything I wish we had seen Jean and Scott come to the conclusion to open up their relationship (idk if they're still technically married) to other people. It would make sense considering they had problems before Jean died and this could be one of the long-term solutions to keep their relationship stable and happy.

As of now it just looks like a bunch of messy people boning because Krakoa is on that "free love" energy.
    i don't think it would make sense open. Jean should go straight for new adventures trying to find a new guy

just because Scott can't keep it on his pants, doesn't make it so that jean has to accept it

Quote Originally Posted by taiedy View Post
    I can see why you will say that, but arent the x-men overtly sexualized themselves so how does this argue anything in your case. I think some of you are mistaken for what I am trying to say, my problem isn't that Jean can't show sexual agency like someone said but its when her actions don't make sense for who she is right now. Man you guys are trying to make it seem like I'm putting her on a pedestal.

You know what, people can have sex with whoever they want, no matter if it doesn't make sense, its 2020 baby!
    The X-Men are soap opera more than over sexualized.

Jean has been dead, she's been Resurrected, she's been Phoenix and she's also been a multiversal force. Now she lives in literal paradise and in a society which defies death... it would be dumb if she and the others didn't change perspective on "human" things such as marriage after being part of infinity.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Exactly!!!!!!!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

None of them knew to make it a sexual agression, both were victims. Worse they threw it away for Logan/Jean that weren't attracted to each other for more than a decade and the origin is sexual harassment

i don't think it would make sense open. Jean should go straight for new adventures trying to find a new guy

just because Scott can't keep it on his pants, doesn't make it so that jean has to accept it
    My point being is that you support it despite the problematic origin of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    My point being is that you support it despite the problematic origin of it.
    They just need to start it again. Since no one want to remember that, they can start fresh.

Seems like writers have no problem ignoring it for white men like Scott and Logan that are guilty

Quote Originally Posted by taiedy View Post
    Lmao. I like the way you got to extremes and other stuff like [coughHENTAIcough] to somehow argue against what I said. Thats really interesting
    I'm a big fan of manga and anime and i can tell you what Prez describe, is not hentai only, hell Dragon Ball has that (Roshi and Bulma) and things like Persona (a pretty popular videogame franchise that uses many anime/manga tropes) has a lot of fanservice with underage girls. I love those works by the way, but the "iffy" content is by no means limited to Hentai.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm a big fan of manga and anime and i can tell you what Prez describe, is not hentai only, hell Dragon Ball has that (Roshi and Bulma) and things like Persona (a pretty popular videogame franchise that uses many anime/manga tropes) has a lot of fanservice with underage girls. I love those works by the way, but the "iffy" content is by no means limited to Hentai.
    we find it on western comics too, big two dc/marvel.