Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    "Because you're gripping my arm so tight it hurts."
    "if only you had been realy lifting weight your arm would be really hard to grip"

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I just feel like writers frequently gloss over a lot of the personal things with Jean. I really do wish we had learned about Jean's feelings on everything (specifically her parents). Even back during the NXM days, I felt her inner-life, about the real everyday changes in her life, infidelity and the subsequent disintegration of her marriage, were glossed over. I felt like I got insight into Scott and Emma (more than I wanted in all honesty) but I don't feel like I was given a definitive portrait for Jean.
    The reason we didn't got many internal thoughts from Jean about Scott cheating, is that it would screw over Morrison plans to follow Scott and his new GF. people couldn't be sympathic to Jean, we got lots of pages about Scott whining about the marriage but none from Jean about it and how she felt about losing her husband. Never saw such effort to make cheating palatable
    Jean biggest problem are writers not interested in her own character and instead make her a woman in refrigerator or a ladder for their fave.
    I did love Taylor's take on the character. He through her into uncharted territory but I thought he managed
    to keep the character grounded. She was inventive, daring, clever, determined and optimistic. He didn't always have her UBER confident. She blamed herself for the Ambassador and felt like she should have been able to prevent what happened and we were also shown how Jean's optimism can be exploited as a weakness.

And I like that Taylor painted her as silver tongued. The Avengers (Steve Rogers and Tony Stark) didn't hesitate in hearing Jean out and helping her when asked. I have a head cannon where Jean's soulmate is Captain America, so seeing him worried about Jean facing Cassandra alone was cute.
    I even understand that Rosenberg wanted to explore depression, but seeing what he did with Scott, it wasn't a good job. So him not getting Red was really good;
    And Jean deserved something bigger, it was about time for her to step up and leave the shadows of Scott, Logan and Xavier.

Jean and Steve are really cute
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-03-2020 at 09:06 AM.