Page 41 of 432 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Interesting costume. It reminds me of her Revolution look

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I e just re read (painfully) the Jean Grey mini series, and made me realise how much i disliked whinny Jeen, and how i thought Ghost Jean was so out of character, Jeans “voice” was just totally wrongbthroughout it.

I really hope Hockman gets Jean’s voice right in the upcoming Jean / Emma book. I think hell get Emma spot on, but having seen his Jean.....i am not convinced.

What are your thoughts?

God I hate when writers try and fail at making Jean "edgy" or "deconstruct" her without any idea as to who she is, I'm still convinced Hopeless was not a fan of either Jean. His Jeen was so wildly different than anything Bunn was doing in Blue, and the "reasons" given for Ghost Jean's behavior came off as hollow and untrue. Death is not something Jean should fear when written in character as she's literally had substantial story points addressing it, and her "plan"?

When Emma is making more sense than Jean and more concerned about the well beings of others then maybe the story your telling isn't the one you should be writing. Since when does Jean force a cosmic force on an unsuspecting victim, when is she so impatient, harsh, impulsive, and blatantly carrying a lack of consideration for anyone outside of herself? The worst part is none of it even mattered, Hopeless portrayed her as a woman at the end of her rope, and running out of time essentially. Only for PR to literally ignore it all and display Jean and the PF relationship in a completely different light.

Also, I hoped that Hickman would want to write Jean it's unfortunate that our first real taste left much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    God I hate when writers try and fail at making Jean "edgy" or "deconstruct" her without any idea as to who she is, I'm still convinced Hopeless was not a fan of either Jean. His Jeen was so wildly different than anything Bunn was doing in Blue, and the "reasons" given for Ghost Jean's behavior came off as hollow and untrue. Death is not something Jean should fear when written in character as she's literally had substantial story points addressing it, and her "plan"?

When Emma is making more sense than Jean and more concerned about the well beings of others then maybe the story your telling isn't the one you should be writing. Since when does Jean force a cosmic force on an unsuspecting victim, when is she so impatient, harsh, impulsive, and blatantly carrying a lack of consideration for anyone outside of herself? The worst part is none of it even mattered, Hopeless portrayed her as a woman at the end of her rope, and running out of time essentially. Only for PR to literally ignore it all and display Jean and the PF relationship in a completely different light.

Also, I hoped that Hickman would want to write Jean it's unfortunate that our first real taste left much to be desired.
    I remember at the time he saying that his favorite characters were Jean, Emma and Namor. Later he said Namor and Emma.

Yeah his teen Jean is worse than the initial Bendis writing her, Bendis actually gave her a strong reason to be a little brat on the beginning.
    Jeen got more mature on extraordinary x-men and on Blue she was a lot better too steping up to leader. Hopeless Jeen had nothing to do with the way she was taking responsability on Blue.

Ghost Jean was another misstep on the book. Emma shouldn't be more reasonable than Jean on her own book (technically the book is teen Jean).

The book was full of bad writing. It is good that phoenix ressurrection swept jean grey solo under the rug

BANNED

Phoenix Resurrection itself has been swept under the rug. Xavier and the 5 could have just brought Jean back. This reboot also out XMen Red under the rug effectively as it completely ignores the vision Jean had at that time.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Phoenix Resurrection itself has been swept under the rug. Xavier and the 5 could have just brought Jean back. This reboot also out XMen Red under the rug effectively as it completely ignores the vision Jean had at that time.
    Yes, but the difference is that all occurred afterwards not simultaneously while her solo series was still being published, X-men Blue and PR were ongoing throughout Jean's solo title and literally ignored it. And that's all different than a new direction such as the series that occurred after XM:R or the soft reboot under Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I am not sure if this was posted b4......

I love Spiderwoman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The weird thing about Jean and Hopeless is that he very clearly knows how to write Jean. He wrote her well at the end of his All New X-Men and she SHINED when he wrote X-Men Season One. Maybe it's due to the nature of the story in the solo, but it was a conscious decision for him to write both Jean's the way he did.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The weird thing about Jean and Hopeless is that he very clearly knows how to write Jean. He wrote her well at the end of his All New X-Men and she SHINED when he wrote X-Men Season One. Maybe it's due to the nature of the story in the solo, but it was a conscious decision for him to write both Jean's the way he did.
    I almost feel like he wanted to write a Hope solo and not a Jeen solo. i know his season one get some praises for Jean portrayal, so it was weird see him regress Jeen and screw over adult Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not really. PR was brought up in a big way when they used it to explain why Cyclops was brought back from the dead

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I almost feel like he wanted to write a Hope solo and not a Jeen solo. i know his season one get some praises for Jean portrayal, so it was weird see him regress Jeen and screw over adult Jean.
    I don't think Hope or any of the other Phoenix hosts had anything to do with how either of the Jean's acted, and I say that as someone that enjoyed the series. Hope was written very nicely, so were Rachel, Quentin, etc. It was just... weird.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think Hope or any of the other Phoenix hosts had anything to do with how either of the Jean's acted, and I say that as someone that enjoyed the series. Hope was written very nicely, so were Rachel, Quentin, etc. It was just... weird.
    Hopeless' Teen Jean read more like Hope than any other version of Jean from around that era.

New Variant Attachment 93069

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hopeless' Teen Jean read more like Hope than any other version of Jean from around that era.
    This is what I got while reading the book.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    jean looks so good in that costume lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    First they start swapping Scott, ;P now they’re swapping clothes, what’s next? Lol.