Page 23 of 432 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

I don't know why I forgot to cross-post this here, but I remembered now, so here ya go!

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    In much better news, the piece I commissioned from Fosslis is complete!

There's a NSFW variant of them naked as well, which I'm not posting here for obvious reasons. I'll be saying where the NSFW variant can be found on my other social media accounts.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I am actually very intrigued by these kids. I wonder that the “marvelboy”’s power set will be? A low level tp or tk? He seems to be a tech geek with the thing on his hands. The luchador mask is very marvelgirl.

I don't know why I forgot to cross-post this here, but I remembered now, so here ya go!
    lorna and jean naked

BANNED

Woah this looks really enticing

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Damn I would read a small intimate team like this doing just about anything. Hell add an extra member simply for my OCD and need to have a set of five and I'm all in!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Lets not forget this happened last year <3 and they are referencing the comics.

Attachment 92007
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

Attachment 92007
    It still hurts that the DPS will probably never be done correctly on the big screen. The sheer spectacle alone would have been incredible but just watching the growth of a young woman from a hero to a force of nature, to a harbinger of destruction. The causal fans would have lost it, too bad FOX butchered everything about her journey TWICE, hell television shows have captured the magic of the DPS better than a theatrically release!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It still hurts that the DPS will probably never be done correctly on the big screen. The sheer spectacle alone would have been incredible but just watching the growth of a young woman from a hero to a force of nature, to a harbinger of destruction. The causal fans would have lost it, too bad FOX butchered everything about her journey TWICE, hell television shows have captured the magic of the DPS better than a theatrically release!
    It is a shame really, it is such an epic story but the image the general public has of it is just Jean throwing a tantrum.

The DPS should be the infinity war of the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

Attachment 92007
    Umbrella Academy was also a dark phoenix story

And constant x-men references on stranger things

unbelievable that Kinberg did a bad movie twice

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    unbelievable that Kinberg did a bad movie twice
    Entirely believable. The original story is trash compared to the weight of its cultural impact. It's a LOT of pressure.

If you want to do Dark Phoenix themes, you stay on Earth and deal with gender roles. You could probably do that in a single movie, but The Last Stand was a hybrid and Dark Phoenix was poorly produced. If you're desperate for celestial motifs and galactic space battles, you'd need a season prestige series. Umbrella Academy managed to do that without space battles but it was also doing the heavy lifting of character introductions and world-building.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Realistically (and I say this having never read Dark Phoenix Saga), it would probably need to be told on TV rather than in a movie. For it to have the sort of impact I believe it's meant to have, you need 1) more time with the characters in advance, and 2) WAAAAAAAY more run time to do with it all that needs doing to emphasize its weight. Two to three hours isn't enough time to build audience attachment (especially if it's the first film a person watches), get into Jean's head, establish the stakes, and show how the rest of the world and characters that know Jean handle the events.

Edit: Bear in mind that in the MCU, the Thanos stuff being split into two parts took a decade's worth of build-up to reach. And the Avengers getting together itself, despite how simple that premise is, took 4-5 years and all the team except Hulk getting a lot of use in movies before it.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-22-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Entirely believable. The original story is trash compared to the weight of its cultural impact. It's a LOT of pressure.

If you want to do Dark Phoenix themes, you stay on Earth and deal with gender roles. You could probably do that in a single movie, but The Last Stand was a hybrid and Dark Phoenix was poorly produced. If you're desperate for celestial motifs and galactic space battles, you'd need a season prestige series. Umbrella Academy managed to do that without space battles but it was also doing the heavy lifting of character introductions and world-building.
    I don't think it needs to be a tv show to get it.

Marvel build its cinematic universe using movies as tv series episodes. Infinity war and Endgame are massive movies, kinda of a season finale in two parts.

Other thing is that Feige knew the end since the beginning, so the basic to get there was done.

Fox movies never had this kinda of planning, and when it change the old cast for the younger one people got desinterested.

dark phoenix was too early yo get it.

I'd rather not see a Dark Phoenix movie again. Get another cosmic villain and have Jean throw down with him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I'd rather not see a Dark Phoenix movie again. Get another cosmic villain and have Jean throw down with him/her....
    ....And win!! Oh yeah!