Page 251 of 432 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 6479
    BANNED

She was going to quit the X-Men to avoid being tempted to mess around with him. It was a bit egregious and comical to have her say she can't stop herself from jumping his bones (it was a different time), but still, the attraction was there. This didn't come from nowhere and was long overdue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

On the last decade x-men had writers like si spurrier, bendis, Lemire, Tom taylor
    And they destroyed X-Men with AvX, IvX and even Axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She was going to quit the X-Men to avoid being tempted to mess around with him. It was a bit egregious and comical to have her say she can't stop herself from jumping his bones (it was a different time), but still, the attraction was there. This didn't come from nowhere and was long overdue.
    That was a cheap retcon. Funny enough he was a non factor in her decision to marry scott and continue to be married to him

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    And they destroyed X-Men with AvX, IvX and even Axis.
    axis, avx weren't any bad to x-men. Cyclops got luck that x-fans flocked to his side and he got more popular.
    Ivx was bad, but X-men was on winning path while inhumans went on a downward spiral

Wolverine continue to sexual assault women and he had a relationship with a teenager, people forgot squirrel girl

evolvedw oh hell no. it still doesn't make a good story to tell

It is a out of continuity book. Also Claremont is a lot older, so yes he is problematic on his writing.

these guys are all a lot younger and still choose to write sexist tropes. there isn't a context to save them.
    Actually according to an Squirrel Girl writter, what actually happened between was some sort of ridiculous hijinks regarding a cab, is stupid and doesn't make much sense but hey i take it. I'm sure that Bendis was implying something more wrong there (because Bendis writes Logan as Ultimate Wolverine instead of the 616 version, who definetly would have done that), but it was never confirmed so we can easily pretend that it didn't happen.

As for all his other relations with women, they were all mutual and consensual, i'm not gonna say that he was a perfect boyfriend or anything, he was defenitly a dick to a couple of then, but nothing that could be read as sexual assault or abuse. Even Daniel Way Wolverine, that it's the lowest of the low when it comes to Logan moral compass(and trust me not other interation 616 Logan is worse than him), never did that what you are implying.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

All-New Member

[QUOTE=spirit2011;5041828][QUOTE=Diamond Claws;5041825]

sure men decided it was the time ignoring the characters story and origin.

Why don't you just admit that you're just angry because your conventional couple isn't together as usual?

even if it was "well developed" or "in context" you would be complaining.

Jean has always had feelings for Logan since she first saw him and she says it herself, this is canon and you can't ignore it, when Logan is caught by Magneto in the 90s, Jean goes into despair and the writer leaves it well written that she is "screaming for the man she loves", Scott even admits that there is a huge bond between Logan and Jean but Jean refuses to talk to him about it, even Shang-Chi noticed in a crossover that Logan and Jean loved each other.

BANNED

sure men decided it was the time ignoring the characters story and origin.

He still better than Percy and Hickman. soon they will be just some writers that wrote x-men. claremont will always be supreme
    Yeah Hickman and Percy did worse than sexual assualt and even worse sexual abuse that I have seen from Claremont.Surrre

Because i don't like the part of claremont run that he tries to hook up Jean with her harasser
    You don't like it but it's canon. And surely not OOC as you keep claiming. And CC surely didn't see Logan as an "harasser".
    The difference now, it's Jean who came to Logan, and not the opposite. Well, I guess she harassing him with her bikini, while he was taking a resting bath... She's even taking advantage of a drunk man.

He still better than Percy and Hickman. soon they will be just some writers that wrote x-men. claremont will always be supreme
    You can never stop the bashing, can't you?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Actually according to an Squirrel Girl writter, what actually happened between was some sort of ridiculous hijinks regarding a cab, is stupid and doesn't make much sense but hey i take it. I'm sure that Bendis was implying something more wrong there (because Bendis writes Logan as Ultimate Wolverine instead of the 616 version, who definetly would have done that), but it was never confirmed so we can easily pretend that it didn't happen.

As for all his other relations with women, they were all mutual and consensual, i'm not gonna say that he was a perfect boyfriend or anything, he was defenitly a dick to a couple of then, but nothing that could be read as sexual assault or abuse. Even Daniel Way Wolverine, that it's the lowest of the low when it comes to Logan moral compass(and trust me not other interation 616 Logan is worse than him), never did that what you are implying.
    The squirrel girl writer is really a cute and tried to make the best out of it buuuut she was still on his sexual fantasies. A teenage girl shouldn't be in any grown man fantasies.

there is this
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-09-2020 at 11:36 AM.

BANNED

That was a cheap retcon. Funny enough he was a non factor in her decision to marry scott and continue to be married to him

axis, avx weren't any bad to x-men. Cyclops got luck that x-fans flocked to his side and he got more popular.
    Ivx was bad, but X-men was on winning path while inhumans went on a downward spiral

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well........and so.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

All-New Member

"Cyclops was lucky" hurr

I think I understand what we have here, since when Cyclops is lucky is it a good thing for the X-Men? the public still prefers Logan, Jeannie and Ororo happily

in addition, MARVEL basically made Cyclops a villain, the right side was clearly from the X-Men of Wolverine, they demoralized the team and then came all the bad comics from 2014 to 2019, it was 5 years of pure garbage

i'm pretty fair and honest.
    A kiss and now you dislike all Percy's work, as you said yourself. Sure, that's pretty fair and honest....

The squirrel girl writer is really a cute and tried to make the best out of it buuuut she was still on his sexual fantasies. A teenage girl shouldn't be in any grown man fantasies.

there is this
    Yeah, but it has never been really mentioned again so unless it became a plot point later or we are shown that he actually did something with her and i'm not gonna hold it againts him, is just an awfull idea that shouldn't have happen, hell i could even argue that it was OCC for Logan, considering that he has never shown interest on teenage girls, before or after.

Also, are you trying to show me an image? because is not appearing.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    A kiss and now you dislike all Percy's work, as you said yourself. Sure, that's pretty fair and honest....
    he ruined his own run, do what. Claremont never solidified Logan and Jean

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    And somehow he doesn't dislike CC in spite of him being responsable for the retcon that led us to this, who actually did that retcon because he was bitter about his plans being derailed.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona