Page 301 of 432 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This reminds me of some top-level feat that Moondragon would do--she often was shown in telepathic meditation. I am glad we see Jean able and knowledgable to also do it and it seems quite powerful feat.
    What I loved about it was the unique way this power manifested in here. Often times psychometry appears when a person touches an object and they get a flash of the past (or future). Jean was able to sense the psychometric residue without touching and she saw it all throughout the mansion without even leaving her bedroom. The fact that she is able to purify it is also impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What I loved about it was the unique way this power manifested in here. Often times psychometry appears when a person touches an object and they get a flash of the past (or future). Jean was able to sense the psychometric residue without touching and she saw it all throughout the mansion without even leaving her bedroom. The fact that she is able to purify it is also impressive
    While Moondragon does it "right-side-up", I like Jean doing it "up-side-down" ! Also that Jean knows her psychic power can purify the mansion as well as how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Joe Kelly did such a wonderful job there with Jean. <3
    In a double interview Kelly & Seagle said Jean was the most powerful member of the team. She seemed to be their favorite. The fact that editorial won't let them write her anymore was one of the reason they left.

Seagle also wanted Jean to embrace her Phoenix powers, and not going dark again :

One of my main never-to-be-completed story arcs (started in Uncanny 353) was that Jean Grey - who - after all the convoluted ret-cons inflicted on her over the years following the Dark Phoenix story - had techincally never been Dark Phoenix - would get the Phoenix powers. I wanted to look at whether the actual Jean Grey would have succumbed to the dark side the way the "coocoon-not-Jean-Grey-thing" did. Scott, having lived through this scenario once, was in a very different starting position and would have gone against Jean's wishes to embrace this power as Jean became more and more influenced by the Phoenix. With a wedge between them and an X-Men team looking at a history they didn't want to repeat, Jean and love would have prevailed - barely - because I like a (somewhat) happy ending - and because I see Jean Grey as strong enough to overcome the temptation.

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-361/
    Last edited by franckd; 08-04-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    In a double interview Kelly & Seagle said Jean was the most powerful member of the team. She seemed to be their favorite. The fact that editorial won't let them write her anymore was one of the reason they left.

Seagle also wanted Jean to embrace her Phoenix powers, and not going dark again :

One of my main never-to-be-completed story arcs (started in Uncanny 353) was that Jean Grey - who - after all the convoluted ret-cons inflicted on her over the years following the Dark Phoenix story - had techincally never been Dark Phoenix - would get the Phoenix powers. I wanted to look at whether the actual Jean Grey would have succumbed to the dark side the way the "coocoon-not-Jean-Grey-thing" did. Scott, having lived through this scenario once, was in a very different starting position and would have gone against Jean's wishes to embrace this power as Jean became more and more influenced by the Phoenix. With a wedge between them and an X-Men team looking at a history they didn't want to repeat, Jean and love would have prevailed - barely - because I like a (somewhat) happy ending - and because I see Jean Grey as strong enough to overcome the temptation.

They also wanted Scott and Jean to become pregnant with a little Rachel of their own, but that also was nixed as soon Jean was pulled from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    They also wanted Scott and Jean to become pregnant with a little Rachel of their own, but that also was nixed as soon Jean was pulled from them.
    Oh I didn't know that! Thanks.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

God, that would have been adorable. I mean... babies and comics, yeah, but still adorable. Scott and Jean with their own lil Franklin/Val.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Why do you guys suppose Jean has not ever gotten pregnant? Is it because the writers feel that her having her own kids in this universe would somehow devalue her adult children? Then there is also the drama of who the father of her children would be now that they are all in a polyamorous relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post

Oh what could have been...

but ultimately we did see Jean embrace the Phoenix in name and appearance and with expanding her own powers. In Morrison's run we had her in Phoenix mode and in control. It just took a few years and multiple creative teams to get there.

It would have been nice if Seagle and Kelly could have told their Jean story (minus the rumors about Jean being pregnant with Rachel or whomever).

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Why do you guys suppose Jean has not ever gotten pregnant? Is it because the writers feel that her having her own kids in this universe would somehow devalue her adult children? Then there is also the drama of who the father of her children would be now that they are all in a polyamorous relationship.
    This may be unpopular but I feel like having kids would age Jean a lot and turn her even more into the Sue Richards of the team. Having said that, I did enjoy the OG X-factor with baby Nathan and in a lot of ways they felt like the X-men version of the FF then.. and Jean was definitely the caregiver to the baby.

Jean is a good step-mom/adoptive mom to Cable and she already has Rachel and Nate Grey so she's already a mother.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh, absolutely. People seem to think that all Jean can do with the Phoenix is go dark again eventually. We need a writer to define Jean as the Phoenix and as a Phoenix that is in control, with no fear of her losing control and going dark, and then we need an editor that will keep future writers and other writers in the line, and at Marvel in general, to keep them to that. It amazes me that given how popular Jean as Phoenix is in outside media, even a Jean who is permanently heroic (MUA2 & 3 for instance never ever had Jean going dark, plus Legends has it as backstory at best as well as the late 90s, early 00's fighting games), that the comics never really bothered to maintain Jean as a heroic Phoenix for the first time since... what, 1979? Early 1980? It seems like common sense.

Imagine if instead of X-Men Red - which is my favorite comic book released in a very, very long time - we got a new era of X-Men books starring Jean as Phoenix. Red was basically off the charts compared to other X-Books at the time, add a dash of Phoenix and it would've been that much more impressive.
    Kevin Feige has complete creative control of Marvel, including the comics. He loves cosmic characters and stories. Look at how powerful Captain Marvel, the Scarlet Witch, Thor, and De. Strange are.

So I think we will see Phoenix/Jean in MCU.

Lately cómics Jean, as Marvel Girl has done impressive things with her powers. Such as removing the teleflorics from
    those people or atomizing the plant people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    This may be unpopular but I feel like having kids would age Jean a lot and turn her even more into the Sue Richards of the team. Having said that, I did enjoy the OG X-factor with baby Nathan and in a lot of ways they felt like the X-men version of the FF then.. and Jean was definitely the caregiver to the baby.

Jean is a good step-mom/adoptive mom to Cable and she already has Rachel and Nate Grey so she's already a mother.
    The other thing is, Jean is old enough to have given birth to kid Cable and Rachel. Plus she spent 12 years in the future. Obviously with their powers and technology and magic none of these characters will die of old age.

Franklin was finally allowed to grow beyond 4 years old. He’s pretty much grown. So what? Reed and Sue are still awesome.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It might honestly be that no one wants to tell the story of baby Rachel when it comes down to it, as much as we might want to see it. At least not so long as adult Rachel is an option.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

More of 60s Jean's psychometry.

Side-note...what if Jean's true potential is not necessarily to tap into the Phoenix Force...but the M'Kraan Crystal/White Hot Room/Nexus of Realities itself.

Destiny's precog powers were unable to see Jean on two separate occasions, and she called Jean a nexus of probabilities. Jean was quite separated from the Phoenix at this time, and was before she absorbed Maddie/Phoenix life force...and she was still causing this effect

Jean seemingly had the ability, though not consciously, to mentally transport to the Heroes Reborn reality

After teen Jean "died", the Phoenix was using shards of previous hosts left behind to attack her...eventually Jean is made aware of where she is (WHR) and can actually manipulate it. She then forces the Phoenix to resurrect her.

This could be why she was able to heal the crystal, and is the only host, I think, that we've seen actually operate using the WHR, and what makes her the White Phoenix of the Crown.

BANNED

Jean already has Rachel and Cable as children. Nate Grey too. Plus Hope is her granddaughter. At this point she does not need any more children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

More of 60s Jean's psychometry.

Side-note...what if Jean's true potential is not necessarily to tap into the Phoenix Force...but the M'Kraan Crystal/White Hot Room/Nexus of Realities itself.

Destiny's precog powers were unable to see Jean on two separate occasions, and she called Jean a nexus of probabilities. Jean was quite separated from the Phoenix at this time, and was before she absorbed Maddie/Phoenix life force...and she was still causing this effect

Jean seemingly had the ability, though not consciously, to mentally transport to the Heroes Reborn reality

After teen Jean "died", the Phoenix was using shards of previous hosts left behind to attack her...eventually Jean is made aware of where she is (WHR) and can actually manipulate it. She then forces the Phoenix to resurrect her.

This could be why she was able to heal the crystal, and is the only host, I think, that we've seen actually operate using the WHR, and what makes her the White Phoenix of the Crown.
    You’re right. Plus her psychic absorption ability. We most recently saw her tap into Sage and Black Tom.

Jean’s psychic absorption worked on a whole planet and also worked on Galacticus and Phoenix/Jean.

We have also seen Jean resurrect herself without the Phoenix.

So we see why Jean is the prime host of the Phoenix. Both gain power from the merger.