Page 153 of 432 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree. I've come to like the 90's costume because we are so used to it and it has become iconic to the character but I prefer the Phoenix costume or a phoenix-like costume. I really disliked the X-men Red costume because it reminded me too much of the 90's look but now I like it versus the green miniskirt look. The Jean Grey character needs a new design. She needs something modern and appropriate for her position in X-force. My fear is that she has been so branded as Marvel Girl again that it will be a long time before they change/update her look.
    Thanks. I feel the same. I don't like the Red suit because it reminds me the Jim Lee suit. Yet, it's better than the Mini Masked Moquery...

And just because nothing can match with perfection :

And my favorite Jean Grey suit :

This trench coast version is so good...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    We'll get her Phoenix costume back one day. May take a head writer that has a less archaic vantage point on the character, but in the grand scheme of time, she'll have it back soon.
    Hopefully, one day Jean will be done showing her panties when she flies, and she will ditch the mini skirt for ever.
    Last edited by franckd; 05-11-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Until Jean becomes Phoenix again, I just want her to wear this:

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Belated Happy Mother’s Day to Jean Grey...so MANY kids...so FEW labor pains!
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/3a...2aa708fe3e.jpg

Ugh, I wish Jean could get more moments with her kids I know some here feels they af baggage but Jean would be the one to take them under her wing. Unfortunately that has not been reflected anywhere in comics, but on that note I was thinking about Cable's new series and how Jean WOULDN'T be appearing. Then I remembered Young Cable refers to Jean as mom yet Duggan has decided not to use her making me mad all over again.

Monday Masked Miniskirted MARVEL Appreciation

Action figure creation by Phoenix_force_creations
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5gnYyDg...=16exqpqy6vg6s

Jim Lee
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiobN-qU8AANZ6H.jpg

John Byrne
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1d/a5...7e0d6b85bb.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post

If Hickman would stop playing he would have been put Jean in her NXM costume and no I don't care if it didn't match anyone else's aesthetic a mini skirt on a CIA squad doesn't either hasn't stopped him from forcing that upon us. I miss this:

If you'll notice Bishop captures my affinity for this era perfectly!!

Yes. The New X-Men costume was absolutely great for Jean. I was so happy that "Ghost Jean" was wearing it in the Teen Jean Grey ongoing title.

I love the New X-Men costume, but imo it only makes sense on that era, since the X-Men had dropped superhero suits. But I'd appreciate a redesign inspired by it, kinda like Jeen's Blue look.

I wouldn't mind the New X-men trench coat being reincorporated into a Jean redesign. She can wear it over a superhero suit like Rogue's jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I love the New X-Men costume, but imo it only makes sense on that era, since the X-Men had dropped superhero suits. But I'd appreciate a redesign inspired by it, kinda like Jeen's Blue look.
    I dont really consider it a costume for that reason as it was more like street clothes and its an outfit she should be allowed to wear while doing some investigating work

Ultimate Member

That's a good look for Jean, and change that jacket to a much longer one and she'd still look good imho...

After the hit piece on the Phoenix that was PHOENIX: RESURRECTION by Rosenberg, theres going to have to be quite a bit of remediation to repair the Phoenix identity if we are to see Jean inevitably reclaim it (and the costume). The Jean/Phoenix rapport now having been characterized as an "abusive relationship" and Jean choosing to leave Scott and the ENTIRE Grey Family dead rather than rebound/rebond with the Phoenix...you can't just hand wave that away.

I recommend PHOENIX:REDEMPTION

Maybe the Fall of Krakoa will present the opportunity.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Marvel Girl as drawn by Bruce Timm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I wouldn't mind the New X-men trench coat being reincorporated into a Jean redesign. She can wear it over a superhero suit like Rogue's jacket.
    The trench coat was the most Un-Jean part of the superhero casual look of the Quitely era. Rachel is the trench coat gal. Even Emma’s was more fitting. Jean? Keep her supermodel sleek...

EDIT to add:

I did think this Vampire Looker from DCs OUTSIDERS had all kinds of Jean/Rachel vibes ...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-12-2020 at 01:15 AM.

I agree.

Hickman said that super hero suits were Mutants clothes now. Ok, why not. But who, in the world, wants to wear the same and unique outfit everyday????
    No one but Kim Jong Un...

After the hit piece on the Phoenix that was PHOENIX: RESURRECTION by Rosenberg, theres going to have to be quite a bit of remediation to repair the Phoenix identity if we are to see Jean inevitably reclaim it (and the costume). The Jean/Phoenix rapport now having been characterized as an "abusive relationship" and Jean choosing to leave Scott and the ENTIRE Grey Family dead rather than rebound/rebond with the Phoenix...you can't just hand wave that away.

I recommend PHOENIX:REDEMPTION

Maybe the Fall of Krakoa will present the opportunity.
    I'm inclined to agree with you. I think the damage can be undone, but I'm not sure if I believe it will happen. Too many may think that taking Jean back to Phoenix is going backward with the character instead of forward (which is rich because we've had a Phoenix-less Jean before).

It might be too hard of a sell to put Phoenix back with Jean Grey. Though most of us would point out being Marvel Girl again is a regression and even more rooted in the past than Phoenix.

I can think of a few ways they could go with Jean to make her Phoenix again. I think the answer is to make it natural to her and tie it to her omega level telepathy. In X-men/FF they seem to be connecting Franklin's natural omega level mutant ability with the theorized "godpower". What if some or most omega level mutants can connect to an external power source like the "godpower", the phoenix force, a higher elemental power or whatever. I would have it so that when Jean reaches a certain power level with her telepathy that she automatically connects to the Phoenix. This would help explain Teen Jean's ability to manipulate the white hot room in the Jean Grey solo.

I also have a few other ideas, but while I'd like to believe that Hickman and JDW will restore Jean I'm afraid that it might just be wishful thinking for some of us. She may remain Marvel Girl for years to come.

I would love it if X-force had these costumes or similar outfits. X-factor gets team uniforms. X-force would look better with a uniform look. I think a black/grey look would great or each character or they could have their individual colors (Wolverine in brown, Jean in a dark green, etc).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you. I think the damage can be undone, but I'm not sure if I believe it will happen. Too many may think that taking Jean back to Phoenix is going backward with the character instead of forward (which is rich because we've had a Phoenix-less Jean before).

It might be too hard of a sell to put Phoenix back with Jean Grey. Though most of us would point out being Marvel Girl again is a regression and even more rooted in the past than Phoenix.

I can think of a few ways they could go with Jean to make her Phoenix again. I think the answer is to make it natural to her and tie it to her omega level telepathy. In X-men/FF they seem to be connecting Franklin's natural omega level mutant ability with the theorized "godpower". What if some or most omega level mutants can connect to an external power source like the "godpower", the phoenix force, a higher elemental power or whatever. I would have it so that when Jean reaches a certain power level with her telepathy that she automatically connects to the Phoenix. This would help explain Teen Jean's ability to manipulate the white hot room in the Jean Grey solo.

I also have a few other ideas, but while I'd like to believe that Hickman and JDW will restore Jean I'm afraid that it might just be wishful thinking for some of us. She may remain Marvel Girl for years to come.
    Jean will be Phoenix again. It doesn’t mean that it will happen under JDW or Hickman though. Creators and editors tend not to stick around too long.

Kevin Feige is now in charge of all creative Marvel properties, including comics. It’s ultimately his call. Whenever he sees the need to use Phoenix/Jean in MCU it will happen.

Dark Phoenix bombed, but not because of Jean or Sophie. The Disney/Fox merger, Bryan Singer getting MeTooed abd this not available to direct, and the excessive use of Magneto and Mystique made the move suck. But Sophie’s performance was great. This time we saw Jean get the Phoenix under control and become a hero. It’s a perfect set up for including her in one of the MCU’s cosmic films.