Page 114 of 432 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 6479
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I agree that the X-Men Red costume isn't explicitly fashionable, but it could be when drawn under certain artists, or just look plain awesome. Jen Bartel made the costume sleek and fashionable and I wouldn't mind seeing it more often looking like that.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

With the exeption of Jubilee's dated look, the Disassembled looks the women were sporting were to die for there. It sucks that only Storm got to keep hers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think I would've preferred Laura to be still wearing any of her Wolverine costumes to the X-23 look, but yeah - they really did look great.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think I would've preferred Laura to be still wearing any of her Wolverine costumes to the X-23 look, but yeah - they really did look great.
    The Wolverine look she got in Dawn of X was horrible though. I thought her X-23 look was better than that

Imagine this with the Giant Size colors
    Attachment 95128

I think that image is fine as is. I have no issue with the coloring and think it looks fine in blue/red. It was made with that color scheme in mind and looks best in it. Dauterman is a better artist than 80% of the artists who have drawn which is why people think it looks better in that issue but it was bc of him, not the color IMO

choose a x-men profile avatar on Disney+
    Last edited by spirit2011; 04-01-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Jubilee? Kitty deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Jubilee? Kitty deserved
    This is the TAS cast.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

choose a x-men icon on Disney+
    Updated. I want to see the full image. It looks like a variation of her Lee costume with a slightly different color pallette

Gambit looks like Max steel

Guys, Jean looks creepy here

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean's icon <3

Would love to see the full version. Glad they didn't give Jean her TAS ponytail.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I agree that the X-Men Red costume isn't explicitly fashionable, but it could be when drawn under certain artists, or just look plain awesome. Jen Bartel made the costume sleek and fashionable and I wouldn't mind seeing it more often looking like that.

Jen Bartel and Mark Brooks’s versions are the only ones that IMO are decent. Jen gave the costume better lining and Mark made the torso part into more of a corset of sorts. The problem that I have with the X-men Red costume in general is NOT the color scheme but:

1. unnecessarily big shoulder pads
    2. The torso has way too much blue. Jean’s 90’s costume had a V shaped triangle that bisected her breasts into 2 colors, adding balance. All that blue or green ( if you prefer the green and yellow version) is lazy. There were so many ways that the 90’s costume could have been modernized without looking basic.
    3. The long gloves to her elbows make her look like her arms were mechanical. The 90’s wrist gauntlets with giver less gloves were perfect and should have been used.
    Things I like about the costume:
    4. The cowl looks like a tiara akin to WW’s tiara. An explanation could have been given as to why Jean wears it. Simple: it houses a portable cerebro unit Forge designed for her.
    5. The boots: love them. I always hated that Jean’s Jim Lee costume had no footwear, and her boots actually match her 90’s costume gauntlets.

In the end I don’t think I’ll ever be happy. I am always going back to her Phoenix costume. Nothing will ever come close to that design. Imo it will forever be her most iconic look.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Guys, Jean looks creepy here

I liked the eerie feel which reinforced that Jean died but brought herself back to life. Now and forever the Phoenix.

Also, always loved the page bottoms that told of new comic releases--in this case Luke Cage Power Man.