Page 10 of 432 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...in the original run, she as Phoenix literally ate a star to refuel her power so yeah the cosmic fire makes sense

Jean in Claremonyt's Revolution run used Cable's TK to rearrange the molecules of their outfits to change into costumes so yeah I would say its a skill she has
    Stars are not fire. Even if they were fire, the book didn't say she stored flames from the star in her body. She could have converted the star's energy into something else or fed off it's heat or whathaveyou.

But heck, if the Phoenix has the ability to rewind a timeline and resurrect redhead ladies, I guess it may as well be shooting fireblasts rather than psi energy.

I feel like when people say "cosmic fire" they're not saying it's an actual fire that burns things, but a flame made of energy, psychic or otherwise. Has there ever been an instance where the Phoenix or someone possessed by the Phoenix actually burned things with their flames? I can't recall any at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I feel like when people say "cosmic fire" they're not saying it's an actual fire that burns things, but a flame made of energy, psychic or otherwise. Has there ever been an instance where the Phoenix or someone possessed by the Phoenix actually burned things with their flames? I can't recall any at the moment.
    Hawkeye in AvX was burned by Phoenix Emma, I think. You'd think he'd be totally atomized but eh
    Last edited by starduck; 01-06-2020 at 09:54 PM.

yeah in her solo

Astonishing Member

Hope burned Wolverine alive. Kiss the Phoenix

Ah, multiple instances. You all have much better memories than me, haha.

Astonishing Member

Is it weird that I have is strange attachment to Hope Summers not because of anything the character did but because I feel like Marvel was gearing up to be Jean reincarnated and that was probably the most exciting aspect of her character to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Is it weird that I have is strange attachment to Hope Summers not because of anything the character did but because I feel like Marvel was gearing up to be Jean reincarnated and that was probably the most exciting aspect of her character to me.
    I think the big mistake was that they saddled her with all the phoenix and Jean Stuff and put all her own stuff under the bus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I think the big mistake was that they saddled her with all the phoenix and Jean Stuff and put all her own stuff under the bus.
    Yeah that's true they really played up her connection with Jean. But I also honestly think thats because the character of Hope Summers was just a vehicle for the resurrection of Jean Grey for the longest of time and then for some reason they changed their minds. She fulfilled her purpose and then was unceremoniously tossed aside after being the driving force of the narrative for years. It was just plain weird.

I really want to see Jean interact more with her family Cable, Rachel, Hope. I'd like to see a more defined relationship with these people honestly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah that's true they really played up her connection with Jean. But I also honestly think thats because the character of Hope Summers was just a vehicle for the resurrection of Jean Grey for the longest of time and then for some reason they changed their minds. She fulfilled her purpose and then was unceremoniously tossed aside after being the driving force of the narrative for years. It was just plain weird.

I really want to see Jean interact more with her family Cable, Rachel, Hope. I'd like to see a more defined relationship with these people honestly.
    I would like that, too.

I mean...I feel like a lot of this is stuff most people know but....

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

I mean...I feel like a lot of this is stuff most people know but....
    Jean only has two super powers. This should be titled 10 different applications of her powers...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Not sure who IW is, but I always wonder how Jean would handle Moondragon. The only time they have interacted was during the Infinity War in Quasar 38. Heather was beating both Jean and Betsy, but she did have the Mind Gem at the time. I would love to see a round 2.

Attachment 91058
    I love the X-men but it is hilarious how often they get their asses handed to them when used in the greater Marvel-U. I'm biased of course, but outside of maybe Wolverine, most other writers are ambivalent to the X-men!

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I remember that the majority disliked the red suit, or they were unsure about it.
    It grew on some fans with time. It never grew on me.

I still think it was a red and blue POS. Now it's just a green and yellow one.
    Yes, I remember this well, many Jean fans were not at all happy with the preview of the costume and those shoulder pads!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Poor Jean. That 6'3" Moondragon boot had to hurt. Jean has X-Men self defense training plus she TP-absorbed Daughters of the Dragon fighting abilities. She should be able to handle herself. The 90's were not always good representation of Jean's skills.
    So sad, not Jean AND Psylocke!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I liked how Jean started wearing the Phoenix costume as a way of empowering herself - way back in Uncanny X-Men 355. (Then the editors got cold feet and all telepaths lost their powers and Jean’s increased powers were forgotten.)
    I could see her doing something like that again. Truly reach her own potential without being a host to the cosmic bird. She can don the costume and the imagery, a version of adult Teen Jean’s pink psionic form.
    I just want to see Jean reach her ulitimate potential in her own right.
    (And I want to see her get rid of the Marvel Girl dress and codename. She is an adult woman, and it is 2020 now, not the 1960s.)
    Same thing happened when someone wanted her to defeat Onslaught, an editor swooped in and change the entire story from an X-men event to a Marvel event. She didn't even get a substantial role, instead relegated to a side character.

But a question for you guys, what are your hopes for Jean in the 20's? I mean the 90's and 10's weren't exactly kind to our girl, and while I love what Percy is doing with her I fear it's the exception not the rule. Meaning, since returning in 17' she hasn't done much even when in the central figure role, most of the stories she's appeared in have been forgettable. And while I'm hoping for the best I feel like if she isn't given some kind of consistency she'll fall into the support role as she did in the 90's. Or worse we could spend ten years without her having something of note to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean only has two super powers. This should be titled 10 different applications of her powers...
    Yup. Pretty much lol

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Unboxing of the New Jean Grey Premium Format:

Definitely a Home Run in my books. Probably the best (and Prime 1 Huntress) female portrait I've seen so far.