Page 11 of 432 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I love the X-men but it is hilarious how often they get their asses handed to them when used in the greater Marvel-U. I'm biased of course, but outside of maybe Wolverine, most other writers are ambivalent to the X-men!

Yes, I remember this well, many Jean fans were not at all happy with the preview of the costume and those shoulder pads!

So sad, not Jean AND Psylocke!

Same thing happened when someone wanted her to defeat Onslaught, an editor swooped in and change the entire story from an X-men event to a Marvel event. She didn't even get a substantial role, instead relegated to a side character.

But a question for you guys, what are your hopes for Jean in the 20's? I mean the 90's and 10's weren't exactly kind to our girl, and while I love what Percy is doing with her I fear it's the exception not the rule. Meaning, since returning in 17' she hasn't done much even when in the central figure role, most of the stories she's appeared in have been forgettable. And while I'm hoping for the best I feel like if she isn't given some kind of consistency she'll fall into the support role as she did in the 90's. Or worse we could spend ten years without her having something of note to do.
    I don't have any expectations really. We'll probably get lots of Jott, so she'll spend alot of time saying "Cyclops has a plan" and that sort of thing, but I hope in the midst of that we get a lot of Percy writing her. He's pretty much the only writer I've ever heard talk about Jean actually kicking @$$ and I am ready to see it.

Jean had a small role in today’s X-force, but I continue to love this series and Jean’s role in it. I’ve said it before but I love Jean and Beast working together. Jean has great abilities for investigating crimes/events as we saw in last issue or interrogating suspects as we see her begin to do this issue.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

when is the jean/emma comic coming out? man i cant wait for that costume, i just want the marvel girl out, today in x force i just borred of it
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    when is the jean/emma comic coming out? man i cant wait for that costume, i just want the marvel girl out, today in x force i just borred of it
    I believe Giant Sized X-men #1 Jean Grey and Emma Frost comes out Feb 26 so we'll have to wait until the end of February. We will also get some Jean scenes in the Wolverine book which also comes out in February I believe, but I'm not sure the exact release date.

But a question for you guys, what are your hopes for Jean in the 20's? I mean the 90's and 10's weren't exactly kind to our girl, and while I love what Percy is doing with her I fear it's the exception not the rule. Meaning, since returning in 17' she hasn't done much even when in the central figure role, most of the stories she's appeared in have been forgettable. And while I'm hoping for the best I feel like if she isn't given some kind of consistency she'll fall into the support role as she did in the 90's. Or worse we could spend ten years without her having something of note to do.
    - That the green/yellow RED costume becomes her regular one

- That she then gets another completely new redesign that's better

- That she gets to play a bigger role in Krakoa, preferably on an important arc/event

- That she gets to show up in big Marvel crossovers/events

- That her poly/open relationship gets 100% confirmed and shown

- That she's a core member of the MCU X-Men

- That she gets a solo and/or a new book focused on her

- That Maddie comes back and they have a story together

- That she gets the Phoenix back

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This is gorgeous. Their redesign of the Phoenix costume was great.

2020 I would rather a new costume. Green/yellow Red is not that good, and Rogue just got a 90s updated costume.
    get a update on some old costume

Scott and poly are the same side of a hella boring coin. Jean should feel all fresh, with new relationships.

New costume , New love interest

I would love for Jean to explore her ultimate potential, like Taylor made us believe she would do in X-Men Red now that she wasn’t connected to Phoenix anymore.

I would love a new costume. And for Jean to be Marvel Woman. Or call herself Phoenix.

I would love to see Jean in command. And adult, powerful woman, with immense power. Intelligent, fierce and compassionate.

Jean more excited about Dazzler than Scott haha

My hopes for Jean are:
    -More appearances
    -for her to ditch the Marvel Girl codename and costume
    -return of the pink form
    -more involvement in Krakoa's leadership
    -not Jean directly, but I hope the Phoenix Force is saved from Aaron
    -A mega cosmic Ultimates type story as White Phoenix
    -appearances in other media like cartoons, video games, toys, etc.

I love this!!!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean in 2020:

Typically I'm for Jean/independence, but I"m totally here for her getting it on with Cyclops and Wolverine. We need to see it.

Need more of Jean's friendships. More girl time with Storm, hanging out with Colossus, and Nightcrawler.

I'd like to see her interacting more with Xavier. Jean's his protege, and I'd like to see more of them than Xavier/Magneto (love those two, but switch it up some)

More creative uses of her powers. Need to see more then TK shields, and projecting thoughts please.

An updated costume would be nice. Something that isn't based on the 90s costume would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean in 2020:

Typically I'm for Jean/independence, but I"m totally here for her getting it on with Cyclops and Wolverine. We need to see it.

Need more of Jean's friendships. More girl time with Storm, hanging out with Colossus, and Nightcrawler.

I'd like to see her interacting more with Xavier. Jean's his protege, and I'd like to see more of them than Xavier/Magneto (love those two, but switch it up some)

More creative uses of her powers. Need to see more then TK shields, and projecting thoughts please.

An updated costume would be nice. Something that isn't based on the 90s costume would be great.
    I would love to see more interaction with Jean and Xavier. They often focus on the closeness and father/son relationship between Scott and Xavier. I want some focus on Xavier and Jean. I wanted to see Xavier acknowledge Jean using cerebro to bring him back. But all of that happened off panel.

I want them to finally show us why Jean is an omega telepath. What separates her and Quentin from other telepaths and specifically Xavier? I know we have the omega mutant data page but I want them to show us and not just tell us. I do think the omega mutants will come to play as something important eventually (but it might just involve Sinister using their dna to create even more powerful mutants).

I'd rather Jean not be involved in any romances but I have a feeling she will be involved in some way with Scott and Logan. At the very least we will see her friendship with Wolverine as they work together in X-force and she will appear in Wolverine #1.

I don't see Jean leading a team again, but I think she'll continue to be on the ruling council on the island and will remain involved with X-force. I do hope she continues to appear in Hickman's book and I would love for her to have her own story or subplot. I'd love a different outfit and codename. I wish they could find a way to return her codename to Phoenix without feeling like they are going backward and retelling or revisiting older X-men tales (though reverting back to Marvel Girl was going backward and they committed to that).

The original question was for the whole decade, I'm not expecting all of my points to happen in 2020 at all lol.