Page 12 of 432 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

For things that are happening, I don’t want Jean involved in the XMen/FF4 arc coming up.
    First X-Lady

I love this look. I would love for this to be Jean's new costume. As much as I like her Marvel Girl look, it feels somewhat out of place in the current landscape of the X-Books. Jean's style has changed so many times and I think a blending of her best styles would serve her well. This accomplishes that perfectly.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    For things that are happening, I don’t want Jean involved in the XMen/FF4 arc coming up.
    Why not? It feels like everybody is going to be there

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why not? It feels like everybody is going to be there
    I kind of don’t care for “Franklin should be with the mutants plot line” and Jean being involved would mean I haft to tune in. Unless they can make the storyline more interesting than just x-men vs FF4.
    First X-Lady

It's a 4 issues mini and she's not on any cover, I don't think she'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I kind of don’t care for “Franklin should be with the mutants plot line” and Jean being involved would mean I haft to tune in. Unless they can make the storyline more interesting than just x-men vs FF4.
    Well Doom and Sinister are in, I think it will be more than FF V X-men: dawn of krakoa.

Jean I know would advise Franklin to follow his heart and that family is th emost important thing. Now Jean on Krakoa iI have no idea.
    I really don't like x-men trying to get Franklin away from his family

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's a 4 issues mini and she's not on any cover, I don't think she'll be there.
    I don't think they released all the covers, but I guess writer isn't a big fan.

It would make sense since Jean is mother of a teenager boy, but *shrugs*
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-10-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The original question was for the whole decade, I'm not expecting all of my points to happen in 2020 at all lol.
    If this was directed at me, I admit I have a bad habit of just skimming posts (especially when I’m reading/posting from my phone).

As for FF/X-men I wouldn’t mind Jean showing up but like most here I don’t expect it. I would like to see Jean interact with the Richards family. Like Franklin, Jean is an omega mutant so they at least have that in common. The FF are a family and the 05 has that sort of relationship.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    All posts about Jean as Phoenix made me think about Sequoia Swennes’ wonderful story ”Risen”. An alternate take on Jean returning after having sacrificed herself on the moon. When I read it back in the 90s I always felt like ”Risen” would have been a better way to bring back Jean.

http://redshades.tripod.com/archive/sequoia_risen1.htm

It is in 19 parts and not completed. But what is there is very good, I think.

While I was looking for ”Risen” I found a short story I wrote way back in the late 90s, around the time when Steve Seagle wrote Uncanny X-Men and Jean started wearing the Phoenix costume again. I had completely forgotten this story.
    It was my way of trying to make sense of Jean’s transformation from powerhouse in X-Factor to ”wallflower” in the X-Men Gold-team. It is a discussion between Xavier and Moira. I wrote it more than 20 years ago and English is not my first language. The language is very much ”fan fiction-English” - a bit overwritten and some ”big words” that are not used correctly and I use ellipsis (three dots) a lot! But some parts are ... decent.

http://www.alara.net/opeople/xbooks/morningcoffee.txt

This isn't talked about nearly enough especially amongst us as Jean fans. The original X-factor isn't looked at as favorable as some of the other X-stories or books. But throughout that run Jean was a beast telekinetically, casually shielding herself and multiple others from explosions at ground zero, levitating whole teams, stopping hearts, immobilizing helicopters in midair. Yet after regaining her telepathy, and especially throughout the 90's her telekinesis was never as strong, I feel like even her telepathy never reached the heights the 80's consistently equated them to.

Even considering her personality, she was lot more assertive but it was balanced by her kindness. What's interesting is her personality in the 80's seemed like a better fit for the 90's yet t it's like they did a 180 on her compared to many of her peers.

Thoughts?

Side-Note: I know I say it a lot but I'm thankful for Percy, this is how you write Jean Grey, she was missing for most the issue, yet the final few papers were memorable and progressed the story while highlighting her shocking rage.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 01-10-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Lucas is the man! This the most gorgeous design I have seen for Jean Grey in a LONG time! Did you see his design for Scott? Just Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    This isn't talked about nearly enough especially amongst us as Jean fans. The original X-factor isn't looked at as favorable as some of the other X-stories or books. But throughout that run Jean was a beast telekinetically, casually shielding herself and multiple others from explosions at ground zero, levitating whole teams, stopping hearts, immobilizing helicopters in midair. Yet after regaining her telepathy, and especially throughout the 90's her telekinesis was never as strong, I feel like even her telepathy never reached the heights the 80's consistently equated them to.

Even considering her personality, she was lot more assertive but it was balanced by her kindness. What's interesting is her personality in the 80's seemed like a better fit for the 90's yet t it's like they did a 180 on her compared to many of her peers.

Thoughts?
    I loved Jean in X-Factor. She was so damn powerful and she had that firey temper I have always loved about her. Then X-Men Gold and that damn cartoon happened. Sometimes I feel like they made her weaker in an attempt to distance her from the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Lucas is the man! This the most gorgeous design I have seen for Jean Grey in a LONG time! Did you see his design for Scott? Just Wow!
    looks like a gayer iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    looks like a gayer iceman
    Since being gay is AWESOME, this means he looks amazing here.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Since being gay is AWESOME, this means he looks amazing here.
    i mean he looks like 3 guys I saw last night at the gay club, one was even wearing the sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Looks like her X-Men Evolution costume is gonna get the Earth-616 treatment. Interesting.