Page 125 of 432 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 6479
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The pink form is what an Omega mutant like Jean needed, her tp and tk working together meanwhile absorbing psionic energy to amp herself ICONIC

jeen literally drained a whole planet, the hive and a portion of the Phoenix, adult Jean Grey wishes
    You’re forgetting Galactus and Terrax. She drained them too.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Hickman was so focused on creating a whole new world for mutants to serve as the basis for mutants in MCU he neglected character development. Jean, who as Jeen had been a protagonist became just another character.

Other characters who were powerful during the Bendita era, like Magik similarly got out in the background. Even characters that used to get a lot of solo attention like Wolverine don’t seem to be doing much. Hickman and editorial were so focused on big on big picture smaller stuff got forgotten.

Still Jean has finally gotten a great showing in the XMan one shot and in X-Force.
    Hickman's book is focused on world building and thats fine. The character development is supposed to happen in the other books and we are seeing that for those characters there. Wolverine has his solo, Jean has XForce. Its kinda hard to do real character development when the cast literally changes every issue (Cyclops and the Brood story being the exception). The unfortunate ones are the characters who dont have a home like Synch, X-23 and Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hickman's opinion is the same as Rosenberg's: She's a non-entity designed only for Cyclops stories. Half of her dialogue in Hickman comics is just "SCOTT!".

Maybe it's supposed to be comedy?
    I stopped looking towards Hickman for great Jean writing bc we know it wont be found there. I guess now Im just satisfied if she comes across competent which she has in the more recent outings
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-10-2020 at 06:24 AM.

In this new phase of Hickman, I see, women like storm and jean, slightly off, there's a scene here and there and that's it. Unfortunately I'm going to compare Emma, again ... In Cable magazine she goes from being a stepmother and no sign of Jean. If you have a magazine focused on Rachel, Emma might be able to show up ...
    I think this global form of hickman is cool, but there are his preferences ... It is to be content with so little ... I love the teen jean phase and at the same time I am sad for not doing something with the adult jean, she has the memories and everything else ...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    In this new phase of Hickman, I see, women like storm and jean, slightly off, there's a scene here and there and that's it. Unfortunately I'm going to compare Emma, again ... In Cable magazine she goes from being a stepmother and no sign of Jean. If you have a magazine focused on Rachel, Emma might be able to show up ...
    I think this global form of hickman is cool, but there are his preferences ... It is to be content with so little ... I love the teen jean phase and at the same time I am sad for not doing something with the adult jean, she has the memories and everything else ...
    Why would Emma show up in a comic focused on Rachel? They have no relationship (other than adversarial or ambivalent) whereas Jean and Rachel have an established one. And why Emma was included in Cable has everything to do with her "daughters" the Cuckoos than her former relationship to Scott. Keep Emma outta this lol.

True, I had forgotten about the cuckoos ... but it was more ironic, in the sense that Emma is quite inserted in the stories of other editions

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    True, I had forgotten about the cuckoos ... but it was more ironic, in the sense that Emma is quite inserted in the stories of other editions
    Emma is writers favorite that i swhy she always show up, so Duggan use the cuckoos as a way for her show up on Cable.
    I would like to see more of Jean and Cable, but the writer has his own agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I stopped looking towards Hickman for great Jean writing bc we know it wont be found there. I guess now Im just satisfied if she comes across competent which she has in the more recent outings
    Thisis what I expect too

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Why would Emma show up in a comic focused on Rachel? They have no relationship (other than adversarial or ambivalent) whereas Jean and Rachel have an established one. And why Emma was included in Cable has everything to do with her "daughters" the Cuckoos than her former relationship to Scott. Keep Emma outta this lol.
    Did you not read Claremont's ReBOOT era Uncanny? He gave Rachel and Emma both a rivalry and a student/teacher relationship. They definitely have a reason to interact with one another.

That said I'd still prefer to see her and Jean bonding, but yeah. Gotta be accurate.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Did you not read Claremont's ReBOOT era Uncanny? He gave Rachel and Emma both a rivalry and a student/teacher relationship. They definitely have a reason to interact with one another.

That said I'd still prefer to see her and Jean bonding, but yeah. Gotta be accurate.
    that was like 15 years ago. They havent really had anything to do with each other since. I feel like any interaction they'd have now would be via mutual people they have in common, like Emma messing with Cable, or involvement with Jean or Scott. Although Leah is a big Emma fan so maybe she'll find a way to work her into X-Factor

Considering we're on a Teen Jeen mood...

https://twitter.com/danmartins_art/s...01316056190976

By Lukas Werneck, colored by Dan Martins.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that was like 15 years ago. They havent really had anything to do with each other since. I feel like any interaction they'd have now would be via mutual people they have in common, like Emma messing with Cable, or involvement with Jean or Scott. Although Leah is a big Emma fan so maybe she'll find a way to work her into X-Factor
    I hope the hell saga in hellions happens, that is, a separate magazine, focusing on jean and madie ... And as a bonus, the return of a decent costume (I still belive )

Fantastic Member

Somebody mention an X-Man one shot where Jean is on it. Is that recent?

I've stopped my subscription of X-Men and only keeping X-Force. I was hoping Jean will be a regular on X-Men, I had high hopes for Hickman, and I sure was disappointed.

I am hoping Percy will give Jean some focus similar to what he did with Domino. I am left wanting more Jean on pages. Not just a box or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post

I've stopped my subscription of X-Men and only keeping X-Force. I was hoping Jean will be a regular on X-Men, I had high hopes for Hickman, and I sure was disappointed.

I am hoping Percy will give Jean some focus similar to what he did with Domino. I am left wanting more Jean on pages. Not just a box or 2.
    I think he was referencing Giant Size Jean Grey and Emma Frost.

So.. since we don't have any new comics for a bit I'm re-reading older stuff. Right now I'm looking at X-factor Forever. When it originally came out I just bought the first issue, but it actually is fairly decent. Some of the Jean/Scott romance stuff makes me cringe (the dialogue specifically) but otherwise it is ok. I do like their costumes. I like the annotations at the end of each issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post

Well I expected nothing from Hickman and I still got dissapointed with it.

Percy seems to understand the character better, i'm curious about his plan with her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma is writers favorite that i swhy she always show up, so Duggan use the cuckoos as a way for her show up on Cable.
    I would like to see more of Jean and Cable, but the writer has his own agenda

Thisis what I expect too
    For being a supposed writers' favorite, Emma really has been portrayed poorly for quite some time. Yeah sure we all know she's supposed to be this powerful, confident woman in command of her sexuality, but honestly I can hardly remember the last time she actually did anything cool. And they always seem to make sure that she can't share panel space with Jean without being utterly humiliated, which I suppose is great for us Jean fans but really not a good showing for someone who was supposed to be the leading lady of the X-Men in the modern era.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    For being a supposed writers' favorite, Emma really has been portrayed poorly for quite some time. Yeah sure we all know she's supposed to be this powerful, confident woman in command of her sexuality, but honestly I can hardly remember the last time she actually did anything cool. And they always seem to make sure that she can't share panel space with Jean without being utterly humiliated, which I suppose is great for us Jean fans but really not a good showing for someone who was supposed to be the leading lady of the X-Men in the modern era.
    Being a writers "favorite" doesn't always mean anything. You get the writers where its really obvious and the ones where it's not so obvious to the point where it can seem quite the opposite.

I always liked this pin-up. Glad they didn't recolor it.