Page 132 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She gained TP powers when she was 10. Xavier locked them away but her TP manifested as a pre-teen as is common for many mutants
    I thought only Jean and Xavier manifested their powers pre-teen.? The normal is at puberty but Jean and Charles were so early--both age 10--due to their extraordinary power levels. In X-Men Dark Phoenix, they say Jean was 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought only Jean and Xavier manifested their powers pre-teen.? The normal is at puberty but Jean and Charles were so early--both age 10--due to their extraordinary power levels. In X-Men Dark Phoenix, they say Jean was 8.
    Like Multiple Man, Xavier manifest his powers while still a baby (in fact in the womb)...remember he killed Cassandra.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-14-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Nightcrawler's powers, physiological differences aside, also manifested when he was tossed off that bridge. Scott's manifested when he and his brother were pushed from the plane. etc.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was being loose with the term. The point I wanted to stress is that Jean didnt first develop her TP as an adult

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Nightcrawler's powers, physiological differences aside, also manifested when he was tossed off that bridge. Scott's manifested when he and his brother were pushed from the plane. etc.
    Multiple Man had his at birth. The M twins had theirs by 8. There's also Manon and Maxine. Ditto on Artie, Leech and Franklin Richards. Many mutants get theirs before teen years

I was being loose with the term. The point I wanted to stress is that Jean didnt first develop her TP as an adult

Multiple Man had his at birth. The M twins had theirs by 8. There's also Manon and Maxine. Ditto on Artie, Leech and Franklin Richards. Many mutants get theirs before teen years
    Ah, gotcha.

jean and rouge

Re-posting some pages from Uncanny X-Men 125. My introduction to Jean. It still has some of my favorite scenes with her. I remember this with fondness. Everything was so pure before the Phoenix retcon. And I love Moira’s thoughts about Jean’s power levels. Wonder what Moira thinks today.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Re-posting some pages from Uncanny X-Men 125. My introduction to Jean. It still has some of my favorite scenes with her. I remember this with fondness. Everything was so pure before the Phoenix retcon. And I love Moira’s thoughts about Jean’s power levels. Wonder what Moira thinks today.

Yeah, I remember and love that issue.

If they ever do the rumored Moira X series I wonder if they will have any call backs to the times she interacted with Jean/Phoenix. It could be interesting (or horrible depending on the writer - and this is if the series ever comes to fruition).

The original Phoenix years were great for Jean and I think of them fondly as well. I loved that Teen Jean got to interact with Phoenix/Jean in the Generations issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    If they ever do the rumored Moira X series I wonder if they will have any call backs to the times she interacted with Jean/Phoenix. It could be interesting (or horrible depending on the writer - and this is if the series ever comes to fruition).

The original Phoenix years were great for Jean and I think of them fondly as well. I loved that Teen Jean got to interact with Phoenix/Jean in the Generations issue.
    Jean was there when Charles first started using Cerebro and Moira interacted with her at the time too. I want this scene to be expounded on

Jean was there when Charles first started using Cerebro and Moira interacted with her at the time too. I want this scene to be expounded on

I would love to see this followed up on if they ever go back and fill in gaps about Moira's past with the X-men. Jean and Xavier are so close but I feel often times they mainly focus on Scott and Xavier (they are very close as well but Jean was his protege). It was so fitting in X-force that Jean spoilers:
    got to use cerebro to bring Xavier back.
    end of spoilers. *Spoiler tags for those that may not have read the current X-force run.

I love that John Byrne paid so much attention to details :
    When Jean first transformed into Phoenix (Claremont/Cockrum) her suit had a very tiny Phoenix logo in the black triangle. When she fought Magneto (Claremont/Byrne) the phoenix logo was till tiny. When Byrne draws those flashbacks here, he keeps the phoenix logo tiny, as it should. When Moira is testing Jean's powers, we can't help to notice that the Phoenix is getting bigger. That's amazing. It's not only foreshadowing the plot, but also highly symbolic. Most of artists wouldn't pay attention, and would draw the flashbacks with the big Phoenix logo. Missing the point of its symbolic.

About it, I noticed that most artists who draw this iconic moment (Phoenix rising rom the water) they always draw a big/huge phoenix logo. Sometimes then even forget the black triangle. As I said, they don't care, or they don't know the character history/legacy.

I love the cover to #125 and the splash page as well. Both have great Phoenix Raptors and Jean looks powerful!

(Also, I knew that this is where your avatar originated--Jean during Moira's testing.)

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I love that John Byrne paid so much attention to details :
    When Jean first transformed into Phoenix (Claremont/Cockrum) her suit had a very tiny Phoenix logo in the black triangle. When she fought Magneto (Claremont/Byrne) the phoenix logo was till tiny. When Byrne draws those flashbacks here, he keeps the phoenix logo tiny, as it should. When Moira is testing Jean's powers, we can't help to notice that the Phoenix is getting bigger. That's amazing. It's not only foreshadowing the plot, but also highly symbolic. Most of artists wouldn't pay attention, and would draw the flashbacks with the big Phoenix logo. Missing the point of its symbolic.

About it, I noticed that most artists who draw this iconic moment (Phoenix rising rom the water) they always draw a big/huge phoenix logo. Sometimes then even forget the black triangle. As I said, they don't care, or they don't know the character history/legacy.
    I love this! That Byrne kept the symbol small in the flashbacks. I haven’t noticed that and I have read UXM 125 several times. :-)