Page 136 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She forgot her mask.

I wonder if she’s aware of the resemblance.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

More appreciation for the Magnificent Marvel

About to be sorted and headed to the washing machine lol

Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-20-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It’s a Teen Jean thing and Jeen has her own thread but since it’s Miniskirt Masked Marvel Monday Appreciation...
    I don’t get why someone started a separate thread for Jeen. For me Jeen is Jean and I will keep talking about her in this thread. Makes it so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I don’t get why someone started a separate thread for Jeen. For me Jeen is Jean and I will keep talking about her in this thread. Makes it so much easier.
    Ditto. Teen Jean IS Jean and I will continue to post about her here as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Epic and quite surprising.
    By the way, I think it was such an unpopular costume for Teen jean, but I never minded. I think they really tried to give it some Phoenix suit vibes.
    It was like an hybrid costume, a mix of different Jean used to wear.
    I liked it, too. But I liked all of Teen Jean costumes after changing from the yellow-black one. Compared to the 90s Version she was wearing after her return they are all Gold.
    They should have used them as Inspiration for a current costume. But who knows perhaps she will use some of them again^^

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I liked it, too. But I liked all of Teen Jean costumes after changing from the yellow-black one. Compared to the 90s Version she was wearing after her return they are all Gold.
    They should have used them as Inspiration for a current costume. But who knows perhaps she will use some of them again^^
    Honestly, I like Jeen's ANXM costume ( the green ranger one ) and her Blue costume a lot . This may be a bit of an unpopular opinion , but I'd prefer if she wore one of them instead of the Red armor, recolored or otherwise. I want to like the red costume a lot more than I do...

Surprisingly, the Marvel Girl costume grows on me on every appearance, lol. Just wish she used a different costume for X-force field operations . It just doesnt fit there , imo .

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    Honestly, I like Jeen's ANXM costume ( the green ranger one ) and her Blue costume a lot . This may be a bit of an unpopular opinion , but I'd prefer if she wore one of them instead of the Red armor, recolored or otherwise. I want to like the red costume a lot more than I do...

Surprisingly, the Marvel Girl costume grows on me on every appearance, lol. Just wish she used a different costume for X-force field operations . It just doesnt fit there , imo .
    The green Ranger costume seems like a good fit for XFORCE. It would be cool if she also had a darker themed version of it for covert missions

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    The green Ranger costume seems like a good fit for XFORCE. It would be cool if she also had a darker themed version of it for covert missions
    Agreed, a darker version of it would be dope for X-Force .
    I'd also like to see her wear the NXM duds again . I know it is a generic team costume , but no one wore it better than Jean . The trench coat was the cherry on top. Simply iconic !

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She forgot her mask.

Don't know if she was specifically going for the Marvel Girl look, but it still works beautifully.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I agree. I thought it was a lot better than the Jamaican flag ripoff costume in xmen blue. I didn’t mind it by any means.
    Oh WOW. It took me a moment to figure out which costume “Jamaican flag ripoff” referenced because I hadn’t thought of those togs that way.

Some elements of the design work better than others. Some depictions of the design work better than others.
    I like the “X” shaped gloves quite a bit as a reference to the characters ages - intentional or not - and the tradition that if someone under legal drinking age enters a bar, they are marked with Xs on their hands. And the extreme fingerless glove look is very fashion-y.

The color blocking was a bit odd. The black area jumping from the outside of the torso to the inside of the leggings was odd. I think going one way or the other solid with the lower portion of the design would have made a world of difference. And then throwing in the undulating gold belt/trim to the top was questionable. It goes back to the axiom of spinning around and looking at yourself in the mirror in an ensemble and then taking off the first thing you notice. Simplify.

The jacket worked at bolero length but not as a full jacket. And the hipster bangs struck me as the most in-Jean thing about the look and an (unnecessary) intentional choice to move her away from her history of being casually glamorous. But again some portrayals are better than others. But to be fair I dislike the “ironic ugliness” of the hipster aesthetic that only “beautiful” people can pull off.

That being said, not every character needs to be Kamala Khan, as revolutionary as she is as a pivot in portrayal of young women.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-21-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Well I absolutely love this design and don't see any flaws. I don't think it would work for adult Jean but for Jeen it was perfect. I don't know how in the hell does it resemble Kamala in any way.

The hair was admittedly the part I liked the least, but, I don't really see it as being "hipster" or anything. Some artists drew it horribly yeah, but it could also be quite cute. I loved how it looked by Ibanez and Yardin on her solo. When it comes to Blue, RB Silva and Marcus To made it look good too.

When Teen Jean got this very new hair cut, I remember telling to Jean Grey fans (on the JG message board forum) that it was maybe a sign that adult Jean Grey was coming back, and they really had to make both of them recognizable to avoid confusion. Not that I have precognition (I wish I had) but it was logical.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Agreed. Now, Jeen & Jean are both one and the same character (that's why I don't post in the Jeen appreciation thread) so we can consider Jeen's suit as Jean's past suit.
    Last edited by franckd; 04-21-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i did this edit, i hope you like it
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    Agreed, a darker version of it would be dope for X-Force .
    I'd also like to see her wear the NXM duds again . I know it is a generic team costume , but no one wore it better than Jean . The trench coat was the cherry on top. Simply iconic !
    I would love to see Jean in some version of the New X-men costume (maybe in a light green color and no turtle neck). It could work as a team uniform for X-force. Sage already has a yellow Jacket. I think a version of the New X-men outfits (even if with individual colors) could work.

As for Teen Jean, the character was great and one of my favorites. As I've said many times the character is why I came back to X-men. I had taken a few years off (I stopped sometime before Avengers vs X-men). I came back during the Jean Grey solo (as in regularly buying comics, but I had already bought some trades from the Bendis area to get caught up on the time displaced O5).

Teen Jean added to Jean's story and I miss her solo. I would love to see Adult Jean be the focus of another series. We were spoiled with the Jean Grey solo and X-men Red.

I used to really like Sophie Turner but now not so much. I'm waiting excitedly for the actress who's gonna play her on the MCU.