Page 138 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has adult Jean acknowledged that since she’s been back?
    Phoenix Resurrection. The PF bribed her with bringing her family back

Last edited by Havok83; 04-22-2020 at 03:02 PM.

One of the main issues I had with Phoenix Resurrection is that Jean rejected the phoenix even knowing she potentially could bring Scott and/or her family back to life. In New X-men Jean had a positive experience with the Phoenix so where did her disdain or fear of it come from? Even in Endsong she seemed to understand the Phoenix and her role with it. Now considering all that happened since with the Phoenix (End of Greys, the Phoenix Five, etc) I could see Jean seeing it in a different light, but it is unclear how much knowledge she had of those events (she found out about End of Greys at the end the mini though Ghost Jean seemed more aware over in the JG solo).

I can understand if they wanted Jean to want to be human again or tired of being in a cycle of death and rebirth (which Ghost Jean stated in the Jean Grey solo) but that doesn't gel with me because currently Jean is in a cycle of death and rebirth thanks to Xavier. So what was the point in rejecting the Phoenix (other than Matt Rosenberg trying to be novel with his breakup story)?

I think Jean is the type of person who would do whatever it took (the move heaven and earth type) when it comes to Scott and her family. It seemed kind of selfish for her to reject the power knowing the Phoenix knowing it may go to another host who may be dangerous. Just some quick thoughts about things I hated about Phoenix Resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    oh yeah death of the greys was a thing...they really did Jean's entire bloodline like that....and what was the reason? Rachel had enough reasons to be angsty as it was (and is)
    I have no idea, that wasn't even Rachel true family. That was a dumb story

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    One of the main issues I had with Phoenix Resurrection is that Jean rejected the phoenix even knowing she potentially could bring Scott and/or her family back to life. In New X-men Jean had a positive experience with the Phoenix so where did her disdain or fear of it come from? Even in Endsong she seemed to understand the Phoenix and her role with it. Now considering all that happened since with the Phoenix (End of Greys, the Phoenix Five, etc) I could see Jean seeing it in a different light, but it is unclear how much knowledge she had of those events (she found out about End of Greys at the end the mini though Ghost Jean seemed more aware over in the JG solo).

I can understand if they wanted Jean to want to be human again or tired of being in a cycle of death and rebirth (which Ghost Jean stated in the Jean Grey solo) but that doesn't gel with me because currently Jean is in a cycle of death and rebirth thanks to Xavier. So what was the point in rejecting the Phoenix (other than Matt Rosenberg trying to be novel with his breakup story)?

I think Jean is the type of person who would do whatever it took (the move heaven and earth type) when it comes to Scott and her family. It seemed kind of selfish for her to reject the power knowing the Phoenix knowing it may go to another host who may be dangerous. Just some quick thoughts about things I hated about Phoenix Resurrection.
    Whatever Rosenberg's intentions were, Phoenix Resurrection was stupid. I agree with everything you say.

Also, why in the hell, Jean would find negativity in a Force who did better for her and her loved ones, than bad. During Morrison's run, the Phoenix powers she had allowed her to save Emma from her "scattered death". She was able to save and store Xavier's mind from Cassandra's plans. She saved Xavier from a bullet with her "high sensitivity TK" and she even saved mutants and humanity form a terrible, terrible future, as the White Phoenix of the crown.

Yet, Phoenix Resurrection's Jean said she didn't understand the purpose of the Phoenix??? How incoherent is that? Jean wanted out of the Phoenix cycle & drama? What drama?
    All the bad things that happened in her life was not because of the Phoenix... She became Dark Phoenix because of the Hellfire club. In morrison's run, she died twice because ox Xorneto (one in space, on on earth) and twice, the Phoenix brought her back. Her family/bloodline was slaughtered because of the Shiar's, not because of the Phoenix. And what good was it, as Scott, Emma, Namor, Piotr and so many others could be host too... The Phoenix could even bring her family back, and Jean refused? I unfortunately lost my mother 7 years ago. I would give anything to have her back in my life. I would never even dream of her resurrection in real life. But if it was possible, I would embrace it with no blink of a doubt. It's not a human reaction to refuse such a gift...

Conclusion : sorry Mr Rosenberg, your Phoenix Resurrection's mini and your Uncanny run were just a pile of crap. You didn't get the character. You didn't get the Phoenix.

The gag is her son Cable, used the Phoenix to bring back Scott anyway and nothing bad happened. Jean should have just kept him alive and the rest of her family. It was a waste that she didnt

BANNED

The Phoenix shouldn't be capable of just being anyone back to life anyone. The mythical creature itself is cyclical. It is reborn from it's own burned self. Something should have to burn for somethinh to be brought back to life.

"The Phoenix can do anything" should be limited to the White Hot Room. And even then, when Jean ascends to WPotC and reverses time in the Morrison run to alter the future, she had to give up something in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The gag is her son Cable, used the Phoenix to bring back Scott anyway and nothing bad happened. Jean should have just kept him alive and the rest of her family. It was a waste that she didnt
    If Jean kept Scott alive, we wouldn't have X-men Red. So better that way

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The Phoenix shouldn't be capable of just being anyone back to life anyone. The mythical creature itself is cyclical. It is reborn from it's own burned self. Something should have to burn for somethinh to be brought back to life.

"The Phoenix can do anything" should be limited to the White Hot Room. And even then, when Jean ascends to WPotC and reverses time in the Morrison run to alter the future, she had to give up something in exchange.
    You are right, Phoenix is very convoluted. Like Phoenix could had bought or even never had Jean get dead.

Phoenix not being a deux ex-machina would be good
    Last edited by spirit2011; 04-22-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Marvel hasnt shipped any comics in weeks. We are in the middle of a global pandemic and have been for a while

The potential was there but it was never confirmed. After Sara died, Scott interacted with them and tried to get them to read his mind to try and see if they were mutants. They couldnt. It could just be that their mutations hadnt kicked in or they weren't telepaths
    Doesnt stop the digital versions being released though, does it, which is all i collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Doesnt stop the digital versions being released though, does it, which is all i collect.
    Yes it does. The comics that have been delayed due to the Pandemic arent getting digital releases. Like where have you been? This has been the reality for a while now

I don't think it's the same. IIRC Cable used a random shard or whatever to bring Scott back. But for Jean, the Phoenix was trying to make a deal in which for Scott and co to be back, Jean had to accept being her host again.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think it's the same. IIRC Cable used a random shard or whatever to bring Scott back. But for Jean, the Phoenix was trying to make a deal in which for Scott and co to be back, Jean had to accept being her host again.
    The shard wasn't random per se. Cable had something basically surgically implanted in Scott's chest that, when the Phoenix brought him back for real during Resurrection, trapped a piece of the Phoenix Force inside of it. If it weren't for him coming back in PR he, in universe, wouldn't have come back at all.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

I agree with this too. I don't think the Phoenix should be able to just bring anyone back to life but again they keep adding/changing the Phoenix every time it is used. I do think it is important to limit what it is and what it can do.

However, I did like the phoenix force being called the resurrection force in the X-Men Forever miniseries (the series where Jean learns she is an omega mutant). If it is going to be a force it should be just that instead of making the phoenix it's own character.

What confuses me with the current phoenix continuity is that it keeps being repeated the Phoenix needs a living host, but if the phoenix can just duplicate/clone a hosts body then why doesn't it do this instead of choosing hosts (or what would prevent it from copying Jean's body and consciousness again since she rejected it). It is a mess.

But I can't help but to love Jean as Phoenix or Jean with the costume and codename. There is just something that death and rebirth that is so appealing.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

Agreed, God being a fan of Jean is harder and harder she consistently gets writers who either don't care enough to research her or just don't care in general. These two things should be the driving force behind her character, not necessarily Scott but her loved ones friends and family. Yet as Hickman would show us recently, Jean telepathically experiencing multiple deaths and Scott dying only makes her fold instead of standing in the face of defying odds!

Hey guys,

I’ve cosplayed as Phoenix before but I invested in a much higher quality suit. I’m in love with it. What do you think?

Attachment 95891

Now if only I had a convention I could go to... damn COVID.

Added: I’m working on a longer sash as the one they made was way too short.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

looks fantastic!!